Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Abyss falling behind?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

lexico

Re: Abyss falling behind?

Post by lexico »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:29 pm Some of us don’t have issues with communication; we’re just more patient. Terrible feedback & communication? Well, if you only read certain posts you might think that. As for their value, if you haven’t compared them side by side, in person it’s difficult to make statements about cost/value that are substantive. If you’ve decided these aren’t dolls for you, that’s fine. One thing you won’t see are RD owners like myself, Brick & others going to other companies threads and telling everyone what we don’t like or why the dolls by that company aren’t attractive or worth the price. For some reason people who have no experience with these dolls feel the need to stop in and add their negativity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe some people with no experience are commenting, I don't know...

For myself, if any other company were charging this much for their dolls, refused to answer inquiries, and charged me $100+ for "VIP" access that got me nothing, you can be sure I'd be writing the same things about them!

You don't get to be the most expensive brand without drawing more attention to yourself.

As I said, I assume Abyss is doing many things right, since they are obviously successful.
One of the first owners of a Real Doll (1997).
Currently no doll, but here are my "finalists": FanReal, Real Lady, XYColo, Zelex SLE.
If you have information to share, send me a PM!

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

Luiskjr wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:55 am On the Abyss looks, I think they are beautiful and feminine. Gorgeous perfect playmates of a Playboy bunny type. Plus modern because their body is shaped and sculpted by exercize.

Perhaps when someone wrongly said "more feminine" means he would like more fragile, thin, younger and universal type of woman.

Abyss doll represents an American well fit and strong kind of superhero female.

Dolls from China have the look of a more late teen (18/19yo) girl next door

If any criticism of Abyss bodies I would make is a too angular or strong jaw and face, required because of the moving mouth talk feature.

Her lips are also a bit strong, dummy-like, all this for the sake of her electric robot-like features.
Its a matter of preference.

We doll fans need a Harem, one of each type and look
Yeah, in a vacuum, Abyss generally has body types that align with what I'd consider a more average woman. Chinese manufacturers might have the kaleidoscope of faces figured out, but too often their bodies have beanpole arms and legs.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

lexico wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:35 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:29 pm Some of us don’t have issues with communication; we’re just more patient. Terrible feedback & communication? Well, if you only read certain posts you might think that. As for their value, if you haven’t compared them side by side, in person it’s difficult to make statements about cost/value that are substantive. If you’ve decided these aren’t dolls for you, that’s fine. One thing you won’t see are RD owners like myself, Brick & others going to other companies threads and telling everyone what we don’t like or why the dolls by that company aren’t attractive or worth the price. For some reason people who have no experience with these dolls feel the need to stop in and add their negativity.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe some people with no experience are commenting, I don't know...

For myself, if any other company were charging this much for their dolls, refused to answer inquiries, and charged me $100+ for "VIP" access that got me nothing, you can be sure I'd be writing the same things about them!

You don't get to be the most expensive brand without drawing more attention to yourself.

As I said, I assume Abyss is doing many things right, since they are obviously successful.

If fairness to you- you are not really dropping negativity. You are sharing your actual experience. Granted you didn’t have a good experience with VIP but you might not have be familiar with the features.

As far as $149 for the VIP membership, you get $300 in store credit every year. My annual vip order just arrived today, so Im excited. This was my third year I have received $900 in product for $450. That alone for me is worth the price of admission. Feel free to pm me here or there to chat.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

Since you asked, sure. I’ll give you my experience with Abyss.

As I mentioned in this or the other thread, I was very interested in Real Doll about 2+ years ago. So I went to their website which I found very difficult to navigate and very opaque (Yes, I know. You didn’t ever have any trouble with it. We get it.)

I was interested so I used links ON THEIR WEBSITE to try to contact them. Aaaaand radio silence. I thought much as you keep saying. They’re just really busy. So I did some googling and low and behold I found TDF.

Once on TDF I found out there was a whole world of dolls. Many just as pretty if not more so to me than RealDoll for $1000s less. I immediately suspected that it was all a scam and spent a few months just cruising around the boards.

During that time, I repeatedly tried to get in touch with RealDoll/Abyss through their website. I find some of the dolls very attractive. (I haven’t made any disparaging comments about their dolls. At all. In any thread. Ever. Nor am I an excessively negative poster. The vast majority of my posts are positive, light hearted and upbeat. I’ve only come close to being admonished by a Moderator once when I got upset with another poster for saying derogatory and insulting things about women, a group of people of which my daughter and my mother are both members of.) No response. I had money. I make >$250k a year. Lots of disposable income because I have inexpensive habits. So I spent my money else where. I’ve purchased 8 dolls now without blinking an eye because of my income and budgeting.

Every few months I’d wander by RealDoll/Abyss, look at their site and/or make an inquiry. The MOST I’ve ever gotten is an obvious computer generated/boilerplate/form letter thanking me for my interest and they would be contacting me to answer my questions.

But… the answers never come.

So… yes, I do have experience with them. No, it does not mirror yours. No, I have not purchased a Real Doll because THEY WON’T ANSWER MY QUESTIONS! You say things like (paraphrase) did you contact them again? How often? Etc.. I’m trying to buy one of their products. If they’re not interested enough to answer my inquiries without me pestering them, they don’t really need or warrant my money.

Maybe I’m insane, but I think that the way to contact a company and spend $8000+ with them is to go through their website using the communications methods they list/enable on their site.

And what does that say to the uninitiated about after purchase care? If something goes wrong am I going to fall into the same communications black hole? How would I know differently if they won’t even answer my inquiries to give me information so I can decide to give them my money?

Now when I see a threads aimed at Communications and Falling Behind, I get curious. Are others having the same issues I’m having? If so, what did they do to rectify it because I might want to try it. Is Abyss really falling behind? If not, what innovations have they done? If so, what are the alternatives? I want to know because I’m still interested in their product. Just… less as every month goes by and other companies are advancing but Real Doll isn’t at the same speed in any obviously way.

You know, things anyone even remotely fiscally responsible would want answers to.

We have a supposed Abyss Ambassador who calls new people derogatory names because they’re asking questions not to his liking. We get him going: If you really want to know how awesome Real Doll is give me $5 so you can watch me bang one. Uh. No. Uh, ick. Double ick.

For now, I’ll take my money to companies that will actually answer my questions in a timely fashion.

But I’m still interested in RealDoll and their automated advances. I keep hoping and watching, soaking up what little information I can find.

And, I’m sorry, but I don’t have glowing praise for Abyss. I think their communications sucks. No, I don’t care about their personnel concerns because I contact companies both foreign and domestic all the time for things for work and for my personal life and I’m never left in a communications void. Ever. It’s no excuse.

So, am I qualified to post in these threads? Is there a test I need to take? Is there a special handshake?
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

DocWen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:28 pm Since you asked, sure. I’ll give you my experience with Abyss.
<snipped>
So, am I qualified to post in these threads? Is there a test I need to take? Is there a special handshake?
NGL - I had a good laugh reading this. :lol:

Thank. you for sharing your actual experience. Maybe when you first joined the topic, you could have led with something like, "Hey guys, I am really interested in a Real Doll, I have been trying to contact them for X time through the website and haven't gotten a reply. Does anyone know an email address or another way to contact them?" Just a thought.

This isn't Reddit, Facebook or other such media where people just throw shade and troll. TDF is a privately owned and operated forum on private servers that is provided to you for free because manufacturers, vendors, and related businesses support it. Abyss Creation is one of, if not the longest-standing, sponsors. As volunteer moderators and administrators, we make sure that when people post claims that they are supported per the rules. When people make uniformed, insulting or derogatory comments, they are held accountable. You referred to Brick using the word dolt; he also included himself in that group when he was at that stage. We see a lot of newbies popping in here sharing uniformed negative claims, but with a know-it-all 'tude. That might fly on Reddit, but not here.

Are we a little impatient at times? Yes, especially when someone comes off with negative, uniformed opinions or claims and a snarky tone. I had to laugh when you wrote
DocWen wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:16 amUgh. First draft read waaaay ruder than was intended. Let me try again: The other dude mentioned that he remembered Matt saying something. You asked for proof and then got seemingly upset when he couldn't remember. Now they delivered it.

That was something from a long time ago and most likely no longer pertains. But it's still what you asked for.
[/quote]

LOL. Thank you for telling me that Anon did the other guys' work for him. I hadn't realized. :mrgreen:

You can sift through this thread and see the posts that are by people who are actually looking for help and get it, and others who are here just stirring the pot.

To answer your last question, of course, post in the threads. Just keep it to the topic and base it on facts you have seen and your own experience. Also, there is a secret handshake and password to the secret section, but you only get them after you have a Real Doll.

:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I love how asking basic questions is viewed as "being negative".

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

I'd say that if only a handful of people get quick replies, or any reply period, that counts as being terrible at communication. And yes, I consider some Chinese manufacturers to be terrible at communication for the same reason.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Gaijin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:52 pm I love how asking basic questions is viewed as "being negative".
No one has called basic questions negative. Let’s keep things on topic & factual.

Do you have experience with Real Dolls that is related to Abyss falling behind?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Joe Bin
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe Bin »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:30 pm
4891d wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:23 pm
To return to the topic started by the OP, does anyone know if there is a thread on TDF where a member shows his RealDollX doll in operation?
Out of curiosity, I would like to see how this works. I've already seen a video of another robotic face on TDF, but never a RealDoll. So if anyone has any info (or, even better, a link), I'm interested.

Brick has shown his RDx’s multiple times in various threads
Could you please provide some links to this? I am personally vary interested in seeing videos of what the new robotics dolls are like.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Joe Bin wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:10 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:30 pm
4891d wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:23 pm
To return to the topic started by the OP, does anyone know if there is a thread on TDF where a member shows his RealDollX doll in operation?
Out of curiosity, I would like to see how this works. I've already seen a video of another robotic face on TDF, but never a RealDoll. So if anyone has any info (or, even better, a link), I'm interested.

Brick has shown his RDx’s multiple times in various threads
Could you please provide some links to this? I am personally vary interested in seeing videos of what the new robotics dolls are like.
You can ask Brick, send him a PM. :thumbs_up:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

I can't believe this thread is still going. I have been casually checking in and feel as if things have been going in circles, over and over.

Brick & TJ:
I think some of these are people trying to troll you two

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

ZZ48UUP wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:11 pm I think some of these are people trying to troll you two
Trust me, I'm not trying to troll anyone. I'm participating in the RD forum because I own a RD, and I have better things to do than to "troll" anyone, especially on a forum for silicone and TPE dolls.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

ZZ48UUP wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:11 pm I can't believe this thread is still going. I have been casually checking in and feel as if things have been going in circles, over and over.

Brick & TJ:
:glou:
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

ZZ48UUP wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:11 pm I can't believe this thread is still going. I have been casually checking in and feel as if things have been going in circles, over and over.

Brick & TJ:
I assure you, I'm not trolling. I'm a fan of Abyss and their work. I just feel how our questions are being dismissed reflects poorly on their representatives here.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Gaijin wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:32 am

Brick & TJ:
I assure you, I'm not trolling. I'm a fan of Abyss and their work. I just feel how our questions are being dismissed reflects poorly on their representatives here.
I am not seeing actual questions getting dismissed, but rather we are trying to reel in the unsupported claims and negativity. It is great you appreciate the artistry, but just adding your .02 about someone else's experience without your own experience really isn't relevant in this thread, and it just clutters up the conversation.

I am sorry, but I do not recall any questions of yours regarding Abyss or the dolls that were dismissed.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS