Starpery.com

WM 164 is this a broken neck?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: WM 164 is this a broken neck?

Post by Wheezer »

Isquish_ wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 5:20 am Hey guys thanks for the help, I really appreciate those skeleton pictures they always help to understand whats going on under there. I had a hard time getting to the suspect area because of some cloth tube wrapped around the metal. I cut that down some with scissors I hope its not 100% necessary to have it there. It seems I was lucky and her neck bolt just rotated loose. I moved the nuts up 2 or 3 places so the bolt could go in farther into the spine and screwed the neck back in and used some pliers to tighten it down. My only remaining concern is that the screw that goes from the neck bolt to the skull base is stuck in the neck bolt. Is that anything to worry about?
Great to hear that the issue was resolved by just screwing it back into the neck bolt.

Don't worry about the removing cloth wrapping. That is used over the metal to insure the TPE sticks to it during molding.
DO WORRY about the stuck screw that attaches to the skull. You really need to remove it. Otherwise this might happen again.

Just get two vice grips, hold the female neck part with one and the screw with the other. Then remove the screw.
Once you have it out the safest thing would be to use a snap in head connector with that doll.
If you still want to use a M16 threaded adapter, then add a spring, washers, or other stuff to help prevent rotation.
That will also hopefully reduce your urge to over tighten the head.

Congratulation on getting it fixed.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS