betterlovedoll.com

Can we get a comment on removing user-made Fanreal threads?

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Can we get a comment on removing user-made Fanreal threads?

Post by Justinpassinthru »

I have noticed recent Fanreal threads getting locked and deleted by administrators over the last few days. It is my understanding that users can post non-TDF dolls as long as they are not promoting/spamming and the doll is not child-like. The threads that I saw deleted were of individual users, one of which was reviewing the doll that they purchased. I know Fanreal has a specific history with the board that got them removed, but the official response at that time was that users COULD still post information about their own off-brand dolls.

The last I checked, the policy does allow for review of non-TDF brand dolls. This is very important for those of us who come to the boards, specifically for reviews. Is this a new policy or is there a new person in charge of the Delete button that doesn't know better?

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Can we get a comment on removing user-made Fanreal threads?

Post by Justinpassinthru »

To be clear, I noticed two threads.

One thread was a user made thread about the Fanreal Maria basically saying, "Hey everyone, look at this incredible doll," which was well deserved considering its level of realism. The thread did eventually involve some vendors saying they offer her. I guess this could arguably have become marketing a non-TDF doll in a very loose sense, but I'm not sure that requires shutting down the whole thread.

The other thread was a user that had bought a Fanreal Maria and was reviewing her. He put a Tifa head on the body. The thread was just people commenting and asking questions.

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Can I ask what happened with Fanreal for them to be removed? Is there an official post with an explanation as was done for Sinthetics years ago?

I really like Della, but I would like to know more about the incident before making a purchase as I do respect and support the decisions made by TDF.

Gaijin
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Gaijin »

I'm curious about that history with the board Fanreal had that got them removed.

I'm also worried about the thread's deletion's implications have for open discussion and review of our dolls. I don't want spam, or un-asked-for promotions here, and I certainly want to avoid dolls depicting minors. However, does this mean that dolls from brands not fiscally supporting TDF can't be shown or discussed here? What if a popular doll company like RealDoll goes out of business? Can we not discuss their dolls because it's no longer of monetary benefit to the TDF?

Riwamix
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Riwamix »

Hi, that user review was mine. I didn't realize there was a specific history behind them.

I misread the rules and ended up by posting the review in Silicone Dolls in General when I should have posted it here: viewforum.php?f=17

If a mod is reading this, I apologize, can you please resurrect my review and move it to the appropriate location?

jiayi
Management
Management

Post by jiayi »

The reviews were removed per TDF ROC Rule1a. Using phrases like "My vendor is not TDF-approved yet but many folks in the GameLady thread have ordered from them." And "Feel free to send me a private message if you want to learn more." And "I have been shilling this brand" are all considered "Promotions." The rule is posted here and this thread is now locked.

1a. Non-participating Manufacturer Products

Free membership at TDF is paid for by supporting or participating manufacturers who are here to chat with you and to participate in mediation services for better buyer protection. Purchasing dolls from non-supporting manufacturers undermines our free member system and buyer benefits because non-participating manufacturers contribute nothing towards our free member website and do not participate in our mediation services or forum discussions with members.
Therefore we limit exposure for non-participating and unlisted manufacturers to designated member only forums. Members comprise approximately 28% of our total visitors. We suggest that members who wish to buy dolls from non-participating brands and want to have more exposure, do their part by lobbying the manufacturers they buy from to participate at TDF so that both the membership and the manufacturer get 100% exposure to forum traffic and buyer benefits. Essentially if manufacturers don't care enough to be at our dedicated website and participate in our screening, interactive forums, and buyer protection mediation programs they don't belong here.
Furthermore, do not allow promotion of or linking to non-participating brand websites in any forum. Promotion is defined as any manufacturer information or posts with the obvious intention of encouraging or connecting members to a non-participating brand. Posts that provide sales information and links where to purchase, and reviews and discussions about the brand, manufacturer or vendor will be removed. Photo shoots are allowed as long as the photos do not highlight brand logos, or brand names or links. But a reminder that unsupported brand posts are only allowed in designated Member Only Forums.

THE FOLLOWING FORUMS ARE EXEMPT FROM THESE RULES:
Miniature Adult Dolls, Latex Inflatable Love Dolls and Vinyl Inflatable Love Dolls, Non-Participating Manufacturers - Members Only

The following link is a link to our Manufacturers and Sellers Sections: viewforum.php?f=68
If the manufacturer of the doll you wish to post does not appear in one of these three categories, it is considered as a Non-participating manufacturer:
Love Doll Manufacturers - Americas and Europe, Love Doll Manufacturers - Asia, Original Design Manufacturers - ODM

Please be aware that some vendors offer dolls that are not supported on this website nor do they qualify for our free buyer protection mediation service. Be sure to check if you wish to post about the doll you buy at TDF without restrictions or you wish to use our buyer mediation services hould things not work out to your satisfaction. #

INFORMATIONS