elsababe.com

Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup REVIEW

Elsa Babe, established in 2017, is committed to research, development, design and production of adult toys and silicone love dolls. Our production team has 20 years of experience in 3D Animation/Game/Film productions and the product designs are led by the well-known Japanese 3D film director. Elsa Babe is the first adult toy manufacturer established by the 3D production team. We are good at concept design, sculpture, 3D modelling, skeleton design and BJD style makeup. You will find Elsa Babe products have a strong Japanese anime style, the product curve and proportion are different from the existing products in the industry. We are both variable and innovative in the product designs due to the 3D production DNA. Elsa Babe ads a refreshing look to the adult toy industry. Website: elsababe.com
WaffleNerd
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup REVIEW

Post by WaffleNerd »

There are still a few options yet you may be able to explore. TDF does have a moderation service between customers and manufacturers/sellers that you could see about invoking for at least some type of compensation or repair. For that I assume you would need to talk to the TDF staff for it to start.

Lastly you could try and repair it yourself which is not my first choice but doable. If you were to cut down the spine and expose it then fit two L angle pieces of aluminum bar and finally seal it to the existing spine with some water activated fiberglass wrap (similar to casting wrap for broken bones) you would effectively repair the damage. For that material just make sure it is resin based not plaster to get it as strong as possible. FiberWeld by JB weld here in the United States is what I would use in your situation. It wouldn't be as strong as welding but could work if you are unable to repair it more thoroughly. I had some damage to my 160cm Elsa Babe doll that was not nearly as bad but did find that using some over-the-counter products I was able to repair the fingers and foot that had split with some Silicone glue.

In any case I wish you luck in getting your lady healed up.

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

WaffleNerd wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:43 am There are still a few options yet you may be able to explore. TDF does have a moderation service between customers and manufacturers/sellers that you could see about invoking for at least some type of compensation or repair. For that I assume you would need to talk to the TDF staff for it to start.

Lastly you could try and repair it yourself which is not my first choice but doable. If you were to cut down the spine and expose it then fit two L angle pieces of aluminum bar and finally seal it to the existing spine with some water activated fiberglass wrap (similar to casting wrap for broken bones) you would effectively repair the damage. For that material just make sure it is resin based not plaster to get it as strong as possible. FiberWeld by JB weld here in the United States is what I would use in your situation. It wouldn't be as strong as welding but could work if you are unable to repair it more thoroughly. I had some damage to my 160cm Elsa Babe doll that was not nearly as bad but did find that using some over-the-counter products I was able to repair the fingers and foot that had split with some Silicone glue.

In any case I wish you luck in getting your lady healed up.

Like I said vendor has contacted Elsa Babe and Elsa Babe and vendor both declined to compensate anything and put blame on me so that is final. I will try to repair the doll once I first open it up since that is the only option. I will explore options about epox and fiberglass, but I live in studio apartment so if fiber glass is something that smells strongly then epox is the only way. I know there is these super strong epoxes out there so that should do the trick if there is 2 pieces of the skeleton that can be joined in the first place. Fixing depends on that mostly of what I understand of these skeletons.

I first make video of opening the doll then think about it further.
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

just a guy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:57 am Like I said vendor has contacted Elsa Babe and Elsa Babe and vendor both declined to compensate anything and put blame on me so that is final. I will try to repair the doll once I first open it up since that is the only option. I will explore options about epox and fiberglass, but I live in studio apartment so if fiber glass is something that smells strongly then epox is the only way. I know there is these super strong epoxes out there so that should do the trick if there is 2 pieces of the skeleton that can be joined in the first place. Fixing depends on that mostly of what I understand of these skeletons.

I first make video of opening the doll then think about it further.
Rough, dude. Keep your head up, I believe in you to fix her 👍 I remember seeing a photo of an EB skeleton posten here a long time ago, and when measuring that up to your doll, does it seem like you might just have a snapped bolt. It could be a simple a fix as replacing a bolt. Maybe a nut unscrewed and the bolt just popped out?
EB_Skeleton_Repair.jpg
EB_Skeleton_Repair.jpg (800.77 KiB) Viewed 467 times
The world needs more catgirls. Check out Vanilla's latest eye candy page for more cat pictures!
Elsa Babe 150cm Silicone & 160cm TPE - ZHB001, ZHB003, DHR003, XHC001.
YL head #193.

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

Snapped bolt would be great news!

what is the best way to seal the silicone since the silicone glue is too stretchy I don't know can it really hold wide gab os silicone together again.

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

It's disappointing! :(

Look at the threads of John1970 or Oscardebarataria (among others). They have done repairs on silicone dolls and they explain well how to make a clean incision and close it properly.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

First, these are just recommendations and not concrete solutions since I have not done what you are going to do before:

I believe scissors are the best option to open her up. Maybe there are toturials on TDF in the maintenance section about this already. Only cut as much as you need, so expand the hole more if you find it to be too little space. Silicone is strechy, but overstreching will make it stay that way.

For the sealing her up part:

In a forum I read someone recommend this silicone glue, but I have no experience myself with it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000B ... =UTF8&th=1

Another option could be this:
I have repared small tears on my silicone doll with a silicone two-part mix, with skin color. I got that sent from Elsa Babe through my vendor, so I only have some photos to show as example. I used it to repair some small tears in the eyes socket in one of my EB heads in these photos. I mix it 50/50 in the beaker and let it sit for a few minutes (it will be liquid for some hours, so it is best to have the repair area laying flat so it doesnt run away). I would think for the scissors cut on your doll, you could try dabbing the inside of the cut on both sides, so there is fresh mix contact, and the skin should act as uncut if not streched from the molding. Any excess that flow on the outside of the cut you can whipe off, or cut off after it is dried:
IMG_7774.jpg
IMG_7774.jpg (1.09 MiB) Viewed 448 times
IMG_7775.jpg
IMG_7775.jpg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 448 times
IMG_7788.jpg
IMG_7788.jpg (2.37 MiB) Viewed 448 times
IMG_7791.jpg
IMG_7791.jpg (2.26 MiB) Viewed 448 times
IMG_7787.jpg
IMG_7787.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 448 times
IMG_7771.jpg
IMG_7771.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 448 times
IMG_7811.jpg
IMG_7811.jpg (1.77 MiB) Viewed 448 times
The world needs more catgirls. Check out Vanilla's latest eye candy page for more cat pictures!
YL head #193.

ghila87

Post by ghila87 »

which reasons they gave you for not considering the damage occured a malfunction of the product but only your fault?

As you say I would lose all faith in this industry if there is not some kind of warranty on such expensive products, even if the situation in which you could have put the doll is stressful I still would expect some assistance from the manufacturer or vendor, these dolls should be extremely resistant view their principal purpouse.

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

I have used this same 50/50 silicone mix glue. I think that it's not strong enough to hold the wide gab together since it is very soft on the parts on my Vanessa torso doll where I have uset it to seal the holes that were alot smaller. It works on the end for sure if the silicone is first glued storngly it then can hide the last minute cut. Also one thing is very unsettling and that is that now the doll is hard to carry since there is 2 separate parts, but after I cut her open I'm afraid she can totaly separate easily, but we will see I first cut her open then decide how to try to fix her if there is enough metal to be put together somehow it all depends on where the metal have broke.

Since I have tighten all the possible joints on my first doll from Funwestdoll I know the TPE she ism ade from is super strong. I made small cuts to it and it could be stretched miles and still it didn't tore up more. Also have to use siccors since it was impossible to slice with even sharp rug knife :O

This time I also will be using siccors liek suggested. Let's just hope the silicone is as strong as is the TPE of my funwest doll so it doesn't tore up more when I start to stretch it.

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

I didn't think about she becomming two parts. You need maybe something like this https://www.coeros.com/product/sex-doll-carrying-mat/ Or use your duvet to carry her, so she is not wobbling around. I can't think of much else that can help you there. Is she in your bed now?

Also maybe you can get some prior knowledge about the broken skeleton by feeling around on the bump. Sharp edges, missing bolts. Maybe you can even recognize what part from the photo it might be from how it feels. Try to have a plan for everything, so you don't get stuck anywhere. Maybe if its one of the parts between the bolts that are snapped, then you can just replace the part. Check if EB or your vendor can get skeleton parts. Also maybe you don't want to glue her up in the beginning so you can monitor the repaired area for a while.

Also you can never take enough photos. Maybe the skin is thin enough that shining a bright light through can show the skeleton?
YL head #193.

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

I am thinknig whole plan yes and have some sort of plan already up, but I will upload some vids when I have done something. For now I have her in my walk in closet under a blanket.

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

Today I finally opened my Elsa Babe and seems the welding has been done poorly and I mean very very poorly. The whole metal pipe has broken off. I made video wher you clearly see how the pipe has been broken off only from the part wher it has been welded. So the job on this model was poor thus the broken of my elsa is fault of Elsa Babe.

The foam inside is super thic so I don't know how I can fix the doll since I can't get epox around the whole pipe and since bonei s broken form the "root" I don't know how I can make enough strong bonding so the bone actually holds again.

But this video at least shows that Elsa Babe made poor job since it is the welding that has broken not the metal pipe which would have indicated that I have been too rough on the doll.
Attachments
Broken skeleton 1.mp4
(7.22 MiB) Downloaded 51 times

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

ghila87

Post by ghila87 »

what a disaster! maybe you should send them this video and ask them their comment on it. Obviously you'd need some kind of reimborsement if they acknowledge the damage was due to a defect in the product.

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

Elsa babe can comment to this topic or send me PM otherwise case is closed since vendor already have contacted them and both vendor and elsa babe don't do any compensation what so ever.

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

Norbud

Post by Norbud »

Yeah that sucks. It is hard to tell what side of the doll the snapped tube is connector to. Is it upwards? Maybe you can remove this part and take it to a welder. Then insert it gain? I agree it is a bad weld, and a good weld like that could take a hell of a beating.
EB_Skeleton_2.jpg
EB_Skeleton_2.jpg (125.03 KiB) Viewed 141 times
YL head #193.

DarkMind1982

Post by DarkMind1982 »

I have an idea how this could be fixed:
1. socket wrench head for that nut
2. epoxy glue for metal
3. a bit of drilling work
4. may be some turning work
picture here:
repair_idea.png
repair_idea.png (4.79 KiB) Viewed 107 times