Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Contact with Abyss

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

lexico

Re: Contact with Abyss

Post by lexico »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:09 pm Easily hire? I don't think there is a labor market in the US where anyone can easily hire someone qualified with customer service experience. That being said, I believe that in one of the previous posts, someone mentioned that Sam recently got some help. Again, do you guys think that none of this has occurred to them and that they haven't tried?
I think it's fair to consider that Abyss is having trouble hiring. But it's also fair to say that customers or potential customers find it frustrating and odd that they can't figure it out. From my own experience, I did not order a doll, but I tried numerous times to contact them, and even became a VIP to have elevated access. Could never get a response.
One of the first owners of a Real Doll (1997).
Currently no doll, but here are my "finalists": FanReal, Real Lady, XYColo, Zelex SLE.
If you have information to share, send me a PM!

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

A lot of good points being made here all around. After reading this whole thread, I wasn't going to comment because most everything salient seems to have already been said. However, after ordering a new Realdoll every year for the last 4 years and still waiting for the latest one for just over a year now, I got some skin in the game too. I have seen wait times increase over the last 4 years and am aware of all the reasons why. Since this thread is about "Contact with Abyss", I'll stick to that. I made my first order in late August 2019 and got the email for the doll in the makeup chair in early February 2020. I had sent an email asking about order status at the beginning of January 2020 which showed undeliverable so never got a reply. Once I got the doll, I was hooked and never gave a thought to communication or lack of it thereafter. With the next two dolls, I never tried to contact the company, just resolved to be patient and wait for as long as it took. Long story short, communication on the 2nd doll was entirely through automated emails (makeup chair, ready to ship, etc) and the order took about 13-14 months. The third doll, Sam called me about 12 months in and let me know how it was going. Every positive thing folks have said about him I found to be true. He was informative, friendly, didn't try to BS me about anything. All the things he told me were the same problems folks are noting in the present day. (On a side note, he said they were having problems getting crates, of all things. Their supplier dropped them one day out of the blue and told them this would be their last shipment, so they had to rush to find a new vendor.) So last 2 dolls received in about the same time from ordering to delivery, 13-14 months, vs 5-6 quoted.
The current doll on order is just over 12 months at present. I sent an order change request September18 to sales@realdoll via a reply to my original order confirmation email from them. No reply to that, so I tried the contact form on the website about a month later. Sam called me about a month ago and I missed his call. I called him back within the hour and he said he was going into a meeting and would call back that afternoon. No call back as of yet, so I called him and left a voice message a week ago last Friday. As long I can get the order change I've requested processed before the doll enters production, I'll be fine with it. All of this is just my way of saying patience has worked for me over the course of ordering multiple dolls and Abyss has always delivered.

All of the preceding I've only included because it has been stressed that personal experience is needed to substantiate any claims a poster makes.
My only claim is that lately, Abyss seems to have a problem with timely replies to customer inquiries. While it doesn't bother me, I see why others may be concerned. Business 101 says that if your customers tell you that you have a problem, you have a problem, even if it's a only a perceived one, and you need to address it rather than ignore it. Abyss should address this problem, even if it's not their fault.

Lastly, I am an unabashed supporter of Abyss and I've been a cheerleader for them in the past on this Forum in other threads, but even so, I'm concerned for them.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

lexico wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:02 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:09 pm Easily hire? I don't think there is a labor market in the US where anyone can easily hire someone qualified with customer service experience. That being said, I believe that in one of the previous posts, someone mentioned that Sam recently got some help. Again, do you guys think that none of this has occurred to them and that they haven't tried?
I think it's fair to consider that Abyss is having trouble hiring. But it's also fair to say that customers or potential customers find it frustrating and odd that they can't figure it out. From my own experience, I did not order a doll, but I tried numerous times to contact them, and even became a VIP to have elevated access. Could never get a response.
I always get a response.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

DocWen
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by DocWen »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:27 pm
I always get a response.
How does this negate his experience?
---
DocWen
Never give up! Never surrender! - Jason Nesmith
Proud companion of Etsuko (MLW 148b) and Anjelica (XT Doll 163F)
Previous companion of SE Doll 151e, WM 157b, Piper Doll Phoebe, Piper Doll Phoebe Elf, another WM 157b, Zelex 155c, Happy Doll Dagmar and a few others I don't recall.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

DocWen wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:41 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:27 pm
I always get a response.
How does this negate his experience?
I am just sharing my experience. Who says I am negating his? What is your experience? Do you have a Real Doll? Have you ordered one? How/when have you contacted Abyss?
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:22 am That's a great idea, so where would the additional computers come from for each of the employees to use? Who will train them to use the ZenDesk (or similar) application to manage the messages? Does the software company allow more accounts to access it? These are very intelligent people who run this business. I am sure they have explored solutions.
To be fair, ZenDesk is very easy to learn and use. It took me about a week or two, and I was completely new to cs at the time. And most responses to customer inquiries are just macros, which in my experience with Abyss, already exist and are used frequently, meaning they don't need to spend time to write more. Plus computers able to run a Chrome browser for Zendesk and email aren't particularly expensive. You don't need to spend $3k on a computer with the latest Intel processor and NVIDIA RTX GPU just to reply to emails.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

donjuanx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by donjuanx »

Brick wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm I just wanted everyone to know I talked with an employee that has been with Abyss for over 10yrs. Started out on the production floor as a grunt and now has moved to Realbotix and is working on the Harmony production line. He says its an employee problem causing the slow deliveries. They simply cant find peeps to work, and if they do, they stay like 3-6m. Just about enough time for them to really learn their jobs and they leave. Its a struggle, they are working diligently on completing orders inhouse now and not pushing for new orders at this time. Hence no Black Friday Deals. But, they are still getting orders and are telling buyers long wait times are unavoidable. They are straightening out the supply chain probs. But its still pops up from their vendors...
Thanks, Brick, for the info. In your opinion, should I be worried about not getting my doll at all after dropping nearly $10k? Is there anything I can do to ease my worry, like will they take extra money to bump me up in the queue?

Honestly, I know the company has been a lot more reputable than most doll companies over the years, but the thing that happened with "Si*****cs" (another US doll company) scares me. When I received my first Realdoll, I waited a year but didn't feel any worry at the time. Current circumstances with the economy, the world, the company's status and everything else have me more concerned this time around.

Brick

Post by Brick »

donjuanx wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:46 am
Brick wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:01 pm I just wanted everyone to know I talked with an employee that has been with Abyss for over 10yrs. Started out on the production floor as a grunt and now has moved to Realbotix and is working on the Harmony production line. He says its an employee problem causing the slow deliveries. They simply cant find peeps to work, and if they do, they stay like 3-6m. Just about enough time for them to really learn their jobs and they leave. Its a struggle, they are working diligently on completing orders inhouse now and not pushing for new orders at this time. Hence no Black Friday Deals. But, they are still getting orders and are telling buyers long wait times are unavoidable. They are straightening out the supply chain probs. But its still pops up from their vendors...
Thanks, Brick, for the info. In your opinion, should I be worried about not getting my doll at all after dropping nearly $10k? Is there anything I can do to ease my worry, like will they take extra money to bump me up in the queue?

Honestly, I know the company has been a lot more reputable than most doll companies over the years, but the thing that happened with "Si*****cs" (another US doll company) scares me. When I received my first Realdoll, I waited a year but didn't feel any worry at the time. Current circumstances with the economy, the world, the company's status and everything else have me more concerned this time around.
Dont worry Dude! You will get your doll. RD has money , they just cant find employees to make dolls faster.
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

donjuanx
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by donjuanx »

Brick wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 am

Dont worry Dude! You will get your doll. RD has money , they just cant find employees to make dolls faster.
Alright, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Like I said, I've already done business with this company and the product I received was A+ perfect, even if it took a long time. I don't doubt their integrity, but the world is a pretty different place than it was even 5 years ago and a lot of formerly dependable businesses are becoming more erratic and unreliable, unfortunately!

On a side note - I don't know much about the actual business side of things, but in the industry I work in we had problems with staffing for a long time before engaging in a contract with a company that brings in workers from Mexico to fill in the gaps left where US workers are not plentiful. I know this might be unconventional, but has Abyss ever considered looking outside the pool of US workers for more talent, then bringing them in and training them? Workers from poorer countries can often be just as talented as US workers, if given the right training, and often times more grateful for the work, too. I'm not talking about doing anything illegal - just bringing in people who actually want to work on a work Visa.

Cameramike
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Cameramike »

Thanks for the information. Perfection takes time….

beetjack
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by beetjack »

donjuanx wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:26 pm
Brick wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 am

Alright, thanks for the vote of confidence.

Like I said, I've already done business with this company and the product I received was A+ perfect, even if it took a long time. I don't doubt their integrity, but the world is a pretty different place than it was even 5 years ago and a lot of formerly dependable businesses are becoming more erratic and unreliable, unfortunately!

On a side note - I don't know much about the actual business side of things, but in the industry I work in we had problems with staffing for a long time before engaging in a contract with a company that brings in workers from Mexico to fill in the gaps left where US workers are not plentiful. I know this might be unconventional, but has Abyss ever considered looking outside the pool of US workers for more talent, then bringing them in and training them? Workers from poorer countries can often be just as talented as US workers, if given the right training, and often times more grateful for the work, too. I'm not talking about doing anything illegal - just bringing in people who actually want to work on a work Visa.
agree with you donjuanx

INFORMATIONS