Starpery.com

Store dolls like a coroner?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MourningWood

Store dolls like a coroner?

Post by MourningWood »

I have way too many dolls for my small one bedroom apt and running out of space. Had an idea of a storage drawer kind of like what coroners use to store bodies, except the dolls slides out lengthwise arm first) instead of the feet/head first.

There are locking drawer slides on the market that can hold quite a bit of weight. Was thinking of building the actual structure out of 2x4. Above on the ceiling I could mount a hoist into the stud for ease of lifting. Con is the dolls will be laying down which goes against how storage should be.

Thoughts?
IMG_4871.jpeg
IMG_4871.jpeg (3.01 MiB) Viewed 494 times

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Store dolls like a coroner?

Post by Wheezer »

My suggestion for storage....
Stored standing with shoes/socks on doll, head removed, cleaned/powdered, wrapped in blanket and in the original shipping box.
They can be stored against a wall and covered with sheet, blanket, etc. if you need to be discrete.
Great protection for you doll, high density, discrete and inexpensive.

Just a thought.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

toddjy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by toddjy »

The first time I had heard of silicone sex dolls was on the HBO show Real Sex. I think it was on that show that they talked to a guy in China (or somewhere in Asia), who lived in a small room, but had at least a dozen dolls. He stored them in bunk beds, that were at most a foot of space for each doll.

I think that would be the way to go. Maybe more than a foot, with mattresses. The support wires under the mattress should have a gap under the ass.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Bit of a macabre choice of words... :?

macboy2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by macboy2 »

I needed space in my attached (heated) garage so rather than taking three steps down I built a platform - much like a deck but INSIDE the garage. This opened up 23" of space to store all manner of things. I built rolling trays and have eight of them, full length (about 7') each in their own bay under there. Bay #2 holds the doll, packed away safely in the original shipping box yet easy to pull out and take inside for a visit. Something similar could be done for under bed storage that doesn't necessarily look like the bed has been lifted to store stuff.

I thought laying down was better than hanging for long term storage? Or is that a Silicone vs TPE difference?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Hanging is not really good for long term storage. Hanging is only used by the companies when they are making the dolls. Most dolls are not designed for a long term load on the neck.

Laying flat is how they are crated and shipped and also a storage option. Long term potential problems are flattened ass and perhaps breast issues, if they are large and do side droops.

Standing up protects the ass, but can be an issue for feet. Large breasts need some support for protection. Standing in the shipping box can allow some tight packing.

It all gets down to what risks you want to take, and the size and layout of your storage location.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Nackers
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Nackers »

Might be a bit expensive but maybe you could get custom drawers made by something like a 4WD place. They do large size sliding drawers for camping that are designed to bear the weight of a fridge/bbq etc. So they might be a good option. This place for example does a huge range and if you went in with custom measurements you could probably get them to make them up. They're around the $1500-2000 mark but that's Aussie bucks, so about $960-1300 in freedom dollars.

https://www.drifta.com.au/4wd-drawers/

The best example is the troopy fitouts, they have drawers up to 160cm long. I'm sure there'd be comparable places in the US and Europe doing similar work.

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

Nackers wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:49 pm Might be a bit expensive but maybe you could get custom drawers made by something like a 4WD place. They do large size sliding drawers for camping that are designed to bear the weight of a fridge/bbq etc. So they might be a good option. This place for example does a huge range and if you went in with custom measurements you could probably get them to make them up. They're around the $1500-2000 mark but that's Aussie bucks, so about $960-1300 in freedom dollars.

https://www.drifta.com.au/4wd-drawers/

The best example is the troopy fitouts, they have drawers up to 160cm long. I'm sure there'd be comparable places in the US and Europe doing similar work.
Funny enough the drawer slides they use are exactly what I was thinking. I built out something similar for my 4x4 overland rig except using wood. Figure I could do the same thing on a larger scale.

INFORMATIONS