betterlovedoll.com

Advice for selling a doll

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
JJD1135
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Advice for selling a doll

Post by JJD1135 »

I would like to sell a doll but I'm wondering how one would go around with the shipping portion. I was wondering how would I go about shipping the product as it seems carry a box with the doll it in would be tough. Also how would one ship it out discreetly so it would not have my address and details on it.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Advice for selling a doll

Post by Vickylover »

This may not be the best place for this question. It might be better to ask the mods to move it to "Dolls in General" or "The Open Forum". You will get members asking what you have for sale but don't forget that for any transaction you must use the "Market Forum" and you need to have made five posts to gain assess to it.

As far as the shipping goes it might be better to wait until you have someone interested in you doll and you know how far it has to travel. Then you and the buyer can come to an arrangement. Take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

JJD1135
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JJD1135 »

Thanks for the reply, I'll keep that in mind. To clarify about the shipping, I meant carrying a huge box to the local post office to ship it to someone, or if there's another method that people use.

Zephyrus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zephyrus »

You'd first need to check with your local post office to find out if they'd take parcels that big and heavy.

Couriers are another possibility. You can book a local pickup where they do the reverse of their normal service, i.e. turn up at your house and take the parcel away. Or you could take it to their local facility as a lower cost option.

The bigger problems are going to be (a) packing, if you didn't keep the packing she originally came in, and (b) insuring her against any courier damage and knowing whether or not a complaint of damage by the recipient is genuine or not. While businesses have no choice but to use couriers, and have contracts with them and whatnot which would make sense when shipping dozens of parcels daily, there are individuals in the UK who won't send dolls by courier due to too many problems with them, and sell dolls as local pickup only. But others are happy to use them. I've looked into sending dolls by courier myself and it just looks ridiculously expensive. So I've only ever done local pickup.

JJD1135
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JJD1135 »

Thanks for the advice, I'll look into those options and see how much they cost. Ideally if I can do local that would be the best.

INFORMATIONS