Starpery.com

Powdering a doll, is it needed or just fun :)

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
nox2doll

Powdering a doll, is it needed or just fun :)

Post by nox2doll »

What do you think?

It's fun, but I'm not sure how necessary it is :)
talk.jpg
talk.jpg (195.98 KiB) Viewed 817 times
I use a soft face brush for this.

The picture was taken a couple of years ago with an old cell phone camera (nop, old system cam.. in low light), so unfortunately the picture is a bit grainy.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Powdering a doll, is it needed or just fun :)

Post by Wheezer »

Powdering always seems to help, when done in moderation. :)

I also like to make a puff bag to apply the powder.
Take a small microfiber cloth add some powder in the middle and then pull all four corners together.
Just tap her with the bag to apply powder with little excess residue.

Seem to work well with my dolls.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Helps with tackiness, cuts down on drag, which makes dressing and undressing a little easier and reduces shine in photos. I put my cornstarch in an old sock, lightly blot then smooth it out with a large makeup brush.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

Most Old School, TPE & Silicone dolls would get sticky if you did not powder them especially after cleaning/washing/drying them...back then it was necessary.

Zephyrus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Zephyrus »

It makes her skin smooth instead of tacky, if you apply enough. If you can't tell the difference then I wouldn't bother.

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Yea, she feels nice and less clammy, especially after a shower (after drying). Also as others have said, great for getting tight clothes on.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

I usually use powder when photographing a doll. The light reflects better from the powdered doll and the images become more editable with an image processing program. In the same context, powdering is also for dressing the doll. For example, it is better to wear blue clothes on a powdered doll.
jooga.jpg
jooga.jpg (140.62 KiB) Viewed 663 times
Some jooga art :)

YungSynth
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by YungSynth »

Depends, the girls feel kinda tacky and rubbery to the touch if I don't powder frequently in the summer, because it's extremely humid here by the coast.. in the winter when it's bone dry, it's not needed nearly as often. I suppose it's personal preference, how much it bothers you. I don't think you need to do it to inhibit mold, because some dolls ride for weeks in a shipping container and I don't think they powder them at the factory, of course those dolls don't get mold, it is a paranoia of mine though, I try to do anything I can to combat humidity

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

Powdering is also a good way to prevent clothes from getting stained. Attached is a screenshot of LissuLiisa's chats in doll's live chat.

In the back, one doll's pants are kind of wet :)
fixit.jpg
fixit.jpg (81.95 KiB) Viewed 599 times

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

I've noticed after like 3 washing that the doll started to get sticky so powdering is definetly needed. It's very hard to put clothes on the doll if the skin is sticky. After powdering sking is more slippery and smooth again making is resemble more real skin. Also when TPE is sticky it leaves oil everywhere which talk takes care of well most of it anyways.
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi, nox2doll. Since Erik is made from TPE he does need to be powdered. Any time TPE becomes moist - like after washing/oiling a doll - it feels tacky. Then it needs to be powdered to achieve a nice, silky smooth feeling. I absolutely hated powdering him at first because I was using a makeup brush which flicked powder ALL over the place, resulting in an ungodly mess. (Even worse because I had to powder him on my bed due to his loose hip joint. I had to place towels under/around him to catch all the powder.) I was so unhappy with that method of powdering that I made my own powder puffs. Version 1 (on page 21 of Erik's thread) was made with wadding and coral fleece fabric. The improved Version 2 (on page 22 of his thread) was made with wadding and faux fur which had much longer fibres to pick up the corn flour. (Corn starch.) Version 2 was a great success - I was able to powder him while he was sitting up on my bed without getting ANY corn flour on the bed at all. Because the powder puffs were the size of a decent pancake, I was able to cover more surface area on his body much more quickly than a makeup brush could. All I had to do was sprinkle corn flour onto the surface of the powder puff, then gently work it into the fibres of the fur with my fingers. I found that a wiping motion spread the powder across his body better than a patting motion.

As for how often to powder, I just keep an eye on how his body feels. If he feels nice and smooth, I skip it. If he starts feeling tacky, I use powder. I do keep more of an eye on it when Summer hits due to the high humidity in my area. The last thing I need is mildew growing on him. 8O
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

I absolutely hated powdering him at first because I was using a makeup brush which flicked powder ALL over the place, resulting in an ungodly mess.
I use face brush, it works mutch better than brush you use. It's a very soft brush but holds all the dust in.. sort of :)
cailap.jpg
cailap.jpg (77.13 KiB) Viewed 478 times
cailap face brush

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello nox2doll,

LissuLiisa looks so hypnotized by ASMR face brushings^^

I think doll powdering is needed like human teeth brushing.
Yes, you can skip, but it is healthy to do.
And doll is so happy to receive powderings and remove dirtiness.

After my doll receives shower and is dry, she sits on plastic sheet and I apply powder everywhere with hands.
Sheet collects powder.

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

LissuLiisa looks so hypnotized by ASMR face brushings^^
Ou, yes, she loves that.. needed or not :)

nox2doll

Post by nox2doll »

If you want to test this, this seems to be source for it.
https://cailap.com/fi/tuote/kauneusvali ... istukseen/

I recommend

INFORMATIONS