Starpery.com

Doll Perineum Repair

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
cheungsisy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Doll Perineum Repair

Post by cheungsisy »

I tried to repair my doll's perineum with a soldering iron heated to 210C and i was able to get it into good shape, but after using it for several times, bits and pieces fell off as you can see in these pictures:
20230607_222941.jpg
20230607_222941.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 213 times
20230607_223006.jpg
20230607_223006.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 213 times
Does anybody have any ideas on how to prevent this issue from happening? Is there a better method to repairing my doll's perineum besides the one that I suggested?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Doll Perineum Repair

Post by Wheezer »

Ghastly !!!

At this point the only suggestion would be to get another doll.

To prevent this in the future, I would suggest keeping your soldering iron locked up, far away from your doll.
Seriously, I'm not sure what initial damage you were attempting to repair, but it defiantly got worse.

Sorry to see that.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

nox2doll

Re: Doll Perineum Repair

Post by nox2doll »

What is all that stuff? Different layers of something..

The TPE material "oxidizes" when heated too much and then loses all elasticity. That looks like a badly overheated spot.

If it is what I think, then all the spoiled material should be removed. Of course, you need a new interior for the doll. So, the project continues.

INFORMATIONS