Starpery.com

closing doll eyes

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

closing doll eyes

Post by timetraveler1 »

i am surprised with some of the people on here who have 3d printing machines that someone , hasn't made 3d printed closing doll eyes with weights in the back ( like the regular childs dolls with closing eyes. but having said that these eyes for dolls need to be different not just round eyes but round eyes in a eye and eyelid shaped design like a real person has ( like real dolls eyes etc. that blink using motors . ). making sure there is some space behind the eye and eyelid sockets, this is so the weight can work correctly in closing the eyes when head is tilted or doll laid down.
With something made this way you could take out the original eyes and replace them with new and improved eyes with varying eye lids that depending on the tilt of the head or body can have eye lids open, partially closed or completely shut when the doll is laid down as if sleeping. i imagine something could even be made to use and keep them open when the doll is laid down , so dolly can look at you on top etc. !! :D :glou: :glou:

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: closing doll eyes

Post by Justinpassinthru »

Someone did try this with limited success. I think there's an opportunity for innovation here.

viewtopic.php?t=164048&hilit=Eyes&start=15

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: closing doll eyes

Post by timetraveler1 »

thanks , Justinpassinthru for the links and info. it looked like it was still a little small , i have doll eyes like those from large dolls i got off ebay a long time ago. but it really needs a real regular eye lash and as i mentioned the eye and socket is still to small for the doll eyeball socket . unless i missed something in the links showing other wise , which is what i was talking about the doll eyes need to be in a slanted eye cocket with a slanted closing eye lid. (again like the mechanical animated a.i. real dolls eyes and eye lids ), once someone did that the closing larger eye and socket and closing eye lid would look more natural and real .

one more thing i'll add, someone on this forum already has made plastic eyelids and sells them they are the full shape what i am talking about and look natural , they or some like them are what needs to be on a correct eye socket working with a weight to make the eyes blink and look correct. and even be able to use a correct size fake eye lashes on them! :D :glou: :glou:

INFORMATIONS