Starpery.com

My homemade foam doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
allensu
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

My homemade foam doll

Post by allensu »

I made some modification. This is the 4th version.

1. full body with skeleton, pelvis, spine.
2. I use foam sheet as shin, cotton filling, use silicone as clue.
3. with flashlight insert.

Now she looks more real and when you hug her.... god... feel real !!

I have not done arms, head and lower leg. I use leftover silicone to make 2 round balls as breast. I like pretty butt and leg, I don't care about breast that much...

Here is the link to album.

http://s241.photobucket.com/albums/ff88/diydoll/

Suggestion please..

allensu
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by allensu »

ok... here are some detail.

Please forgive my English, its not my first language.

1. I use Halloween plastic skeleton that I bought in walmart, and cut out the ribcage. Fill it with anything that will increase weight, such as newspaper or cloth.

2. For pelvis, I use wood to make a frame, then touch up using craft clay (white color). Insert my flashlight case while I apply clay on so that after it dry, I can put my flashlight insert in.

3. connect 1 and 2 using a bedspring, or those spring which can close your fencing gate door automatically. I bought it from home depot.

4. use "wire tube", I don't know the name in English, to connect legs and pelvis. Its the thing which made of aluminum, and you put wire inside to hide and make it neat and pretty. Wire tube is strong and you can only bend it around 90-100 degree, and it won't break that easily. You can find it easily in any hardware store.

5. use PVC tube I got from garbage room as leg.

6. cover both leg with panty hose, fill in some cotton as filling. I use my old cotton pillow...

7. cut 2 butt shape foam to reinforce butt and make it soft. old foam pillow will work.

8. cover the while body with 1 inch foam sheet, and the rest is art and craft work.

I study hard and plan a lot before I start to make my 4th modification. I got my idea from pictures of women body, SD doll, anthropology books.... If you use memory foam as skin, it will be even better, but.... I don't want to spend that much money.

The total I spend on making this torso is less then 50 bucks.

siliconegrapes
Ex-Member

Post by siliconegrapes »

It sounds like you put a lot of thought, time and effort into your doll and it shows! She really turned out great! :)
Not all maufacturers can be trusted. PLEASE read the forums thoroughly to make sure you are dealing with a reputable manufacturer.

allensu
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by allensu »

I post my 3rd version here around 1 year ago, no response. It took me a lot of time to plan and come up with the best solution.

The biggest challenge for me was her "body line" of her lower torso. I want her butt and leg to look real when you move them in the position you want.

And when you hug her, she feel like real girl... ( Yah, I am married, I know..)

I will focus on her lower leg, and arms next. Then head and breast..

B3F11dolly
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by B3F11dolly »

I moved the double post to inventors corner as well because it just doesn't belong to torsodoll forum, and locked the other thread. Hope this is okay will everybody.

feedback from the other thread :
Fetish wrote:nice work! How did you make this doll, more details.
siliconegrapes wrote:Wow, nice work! Not bad at all for something you made out of foam! :) You should probably post this in "Inventors Corner" though. You'll get more feedback there since this torso doll section is for torsodoll.com dolls. :)
I could split those replies off the old thread, but I don't think you can add them to another thread already existing, at least I didn't know how to... hence the quotes so nothing is lost

allensu
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by allensu »

Thanks, and sorry about it.

Perry
Ex-Member

Post by Perry »

Excellent work Allensu!

Keep us up to date on your progress. She looks great.

Staraway
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Staraway »

WOW!! I just know I'm gonna be making my own one of these days. I've been reading up on it. This one is very very inspiring. An extremely nice rear end and legs. I like the idea of the fleshlight insert, and find the idea of using other inserts quite appealing as well. The steps you followed are great for anyone to use to start from the ground up. Superb.

I bet she is very soft.

:D
;-P( | )q-;

Dreams are where life goes to die
Life is where dreams go to die

Doodads

Post by Doodads »

Too bad Photobucket censored some of the photos. What are left shows some real creativity and a nice form. It sure beats two pillows, a stuffed bra, a small belt, a towel and flaired lubed toilet paper roll :D Ah those teenage years with the raging hormones!

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

You did some excellent work in shaping her with the foam sheet! She has a very nice bottom. :)

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

nice doll torso !!

Post by timetraveler1 »

hello allensu , wanted to just say that you have done an excellent job in creating a torso and it does look very realistic with the movement of a womens shape nicely done can't wait to see the head and arms and legs i do hope you will be adding them as the doll looks so nice !! :D

allensu
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by allensu »

Thanks all.

I study, test and test how to make it looks good. This time I am really happy about the result.

Sorry about that album, I delete them already. Does anyone know a better free album that I can use?

I do need some suggestion, which I will consider to make her looks better.

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Nice job Allensu. The rear area looks very realistic. Can you explain how you managed to fill the butt area in without any lumpy-ness? It looks very smooth in the pictures. I don't see any visible seams, how did you make it like that? Thanks.

AlexKnight
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post by AlexKnight »

<changed the title of the post into torso doll, because the doll has nothing to do with the Torsodoll name>
Check out Kayla's Christmas dress by clicking here. - December 17, 2015
or have a look at Ashley's Coverdoll release by clicking here - June 13, 2015

A must-see video on Realdoll softness! Click here!

Here's my Doll Album, with pictures of Jenna*, Melissa*, Kayla & Ashley, and some other things: Doll Album Gallery
*I no longer have Jenna or Melissa.

Ronny

Post by Ronny »

That's really impressive, Allensu! :D

Ronny
[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10262]Anya's and Nina's albums[/url]

In the meadow of sinful thoughts, every flower's a perfect one [i]- Nightwish, She Is My Sin[/i]

INFORMATIONS