Starpery.com

My doll has a cut on its arm, what is the name of the product you use to repair?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
InterstellarMagic
Active Poster
Active Poster

My doll has a cut on its arm, what is the name of the product you use to repair?

Post by InterstellarMagic »

I don't know how this is possible, but I found a small cut. Yet I am very careful, strange. I wanted to know the name of that cream that is used to repair cuts. Thank you :glou: :glou:

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Re: My doll has a cut on its arm, what is the name of the product you use to repair?

Post by Nescio50 »

Most important, is this a TPE doll or a silicone doll.

For silicone, often sil-poxy is used.

For TPE, there is no actual glue, but often solvent based on toluene is used. Be careful.

InterstellarMagic
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: My doll has a cut on its arm, what is the name of the product you use to repair?

Post by InterstellarMagic »

Nescio50 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 1:26 pm Most important, is this a TPE doll or a silicone doll.

For silicone, often sil-poxy is used.

For TPE, there is no actual glue, but often solvent based on toluene is used. Be careful.

It is TPE. Ah ok thank you. I'm thinking of using a pinch of liquid glue. But very little: less than a drop.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

You can also use a smear of super glue applied with a cocktail stick or a coffee stirer. The repair area will be a bit hard to the touch. But it will be a neat and permanent repair, done in 15 seconds I often use it on areas that don't come in contact with my skin. Just clean the area with a dab of 70%isopropyl to make sure there's no dirt or excess oil from the type to stop it working
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

I've been using 3M 94 Primer as a TPE glue for several years with good results.
Seems to work well. Great for small, clean cuts.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

JRG

Post by JRG »

I’ll second the 3m 94 primer for TPE.

It won’t be hard like superglue, and will still be pliable once cured.

INFORMATIONS