Starpery.com

a possible solution to power AI's / animated dolls

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Technoguy wrote
However, it might be possible to build a fuel cell battery that would use...ordinary FOOD for fuel! It would have to be a fuel cell that could take food that has been chewed and swallowed by the robot and mixed with water and then react the food with inhaled oxygen to generate the electrical power for the robot's body. The waste material would then be excreted by the robot during a visit to the toilet.
Grapefriut or Orange juice works well to power a battery cell, but does produce waste - we don't want dolls having an 'accident' :roll: Power for the doll must produce NO solid /liqiud waste products

I've been looking at this site
http://www.panaceauniversity.org/

Here, I maybe have found the beginnings of an answer. A small magnetic motor may be a good main power plant to generate enough electricity to power itself, and have enough left over to power the electrically driven parts of a 'dolldroid'. Once started, these puppies run until something breaks....
We'll see once I do some experiments.

GrimStrike
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GrimStrike »

Power for the doll must produce NO solid /liqiud waste products
Why not though. Humans produce three states of matter as waste: gas (I'm going to stick with CO2 for this one 8O), liquid, and (usually) solid. I can see perhaps not producing a solid for various reasons (although there are some fetishes...) but I think that a liquid biodegradable by product wouldn't be bad. Also by your quote I'm assuming that you mean that a by product of gas would be ok as well. I'm not exactly an environmentalist but I would really hope for something that's non-pollutant in this regard. Not to mention should I be face to face with the android for whatever reason I'm not too keen on directly inhaling methane or carbon monoxide or anything of the sort.
I've been looking at this site
http://www.panaceauniversity.org/
We'll see once I do some experiments.
There's another site I've been to that is in many ways similar to that one. The effort towards free energy and all is all good however it's so polluted with fakes, frauds, and government conspiracy sob stories it's not even funny. All too often there's some kind of "black box" that "asks" for a "donation" or "investment" of usually several hundred dollars or sometimes thousands for the rest of the schematics or parts. I'm not going to tell you how to spend your money but I would most definitely recommend caution. Personally, I wouldn't even worry about it unless 100% of the schematics are reviled. But as you did mention, do your own experiments.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Right, GrimStrike, the key is doing my OWN experimenting with the devices that are not overly-complex. I've got enough electrical and mechanical experience to do my own plans :wink:

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

KA...

I wouldn't waste my time or money trying to develop a "free energy" source for my gynoid if I was you. None of these devices one sees on the internet has ever been proven to actually work.

The ones that are promoted today are 100% bogus. Either the promoter is unaware of this because he never tried to build a working one or he is an outright scammer who makes a buck selling "plans" for these devices or by soliciting funds to continue his "research"..

I was into free energy devices a few years ago and there is only one man who I am convinced actually achieved a WORKING device. He was a German clockmaker who died in 1645 and, sadly, took the secret to his grave. He managed to develop several large rotary, overbalanced wheel type devices which could, indeed, power external devices without conventional fuel. He had some unique mechanism that could continously keep the center of gravity of the device's weights to one side of the wheel's axle..

A chronically overbalanced wheel should, in theory and practice, continously rotate as it slowly converts the mass of its weights into kinetic energy. Unfortunately, his largest wheel (12 ft in diameter!) could only output about 25 watts of continuous power.

Since a human sized gynoid would only need a power source capable of supplying 100 watts continuously, I think that advancements in batteries and fuel cells will, eventually, fulfill that need with ease...at least for several hours.

I kind of like the idea of robots that can consume food for power...makes them seem more "human". Remember, they would not necessarily have to eat human food. For example, they could be fed such things as grass, leaves, etc. That would be a great way to get rid of one's lawn waste in the summer!

technoguy

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Technoguy wrote
For example, they could be fed such things as grass, leaves, etc. That would be a great way to get rid of one's lawn waste in the summer!
OK, you build your goat-droid, and I'll try to work on something practical.

There is no such thing as 'free' energy. Energy can neither be created nor destroyed - but only changed in state... Go check your science books.

The magnetic energy I am looking to use is already there, it just needs to change state in order to be usefull. Although some of the devices I saw actually make me laugh, there is a few that- if redesigned into a real-world application, MAY be able to produce usefull work. I say MAY because I haven't built one yet. It is possible that the combined energy loss through various kinds of friction and resistance will prevent it from working correctly. I do think that my design has enough potential that I am willing to build a small, cheap unit and see if it actually does what I want it to do.

And for android food, the best 'solid' food would be lemons and raw potatoes :razz:

GrimStrike
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GrimStrike »

Since a human sized gynoid would only need a power source capable of supplying 100 watts continuously
I think we're going to need more than 100 watts. Maybe for a later version bot but the first ones will probably be gluttony towards power.
you build your goat-droid
That may not be such a bad idea. I have heard of lawn mowers that are supposed to "digest" the grass clippings for energy. Having said that though I don't think they've made all that much progress.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

KA...

Like you, I am firmly convinced in the inviolability of the Law of Conservation of Energy. You can not get something from nothing which a lot of the inventors claiming to tap "zero point energy" are trying to do.

However, we must also remember that ALL matter contains enormous amounts of energy. The energy associated with mass (given via E=mc^2) contained in a single apple is enough to blow up a city or heat a dwelling for centuries! The problem is figuring out how to extract that energy and to do it slowly and safely. As I said in my previous post, I am convinced that one inventor did just that. Weights lose a bit their energy due to mass as they drop in a gravity field and his machines appear to have been able to do this to the rotating weights mounted in a drum. But, sadly, he only could extract a few tens of watts.

Someday, someone may figure out a way to use magnetic fields to continously output energy as the moving magnets lose mass. However, there are probably more magnetic motor designs out there than gravitational ones and, sadly, none has ever stood up to rigorous testing or produced a "gross" physical effect that could not be dismissed as due to measurement error or some other cause.

I do wish you luck with any research you attempt. But, you'll need something really novel...something that nobody else has tried before since all of those past designs were unworkable.

technoguy

Incognito
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Incognito »

While I do see the benefits of having a doll with an internal power source, what would be so wrong with a doll powered by a fuel cell? If the doll is used primarily used for sex, then a fuel cell would be plenty. If you want to build an artificial life form for more than that, then thats where I could see going through all the trouble. But adding limited intelligence, and movement could probably be covered by a fuel cell.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Incognito...

Right now I think the average doll owner would be ecstatic if he could have a doll that would produce escalating moaning and groaning sounds in response to prolonged sexual activity. All it would require is a well programmed speech chip and a motion sensor. And would probably not add too much to the cost of a doll.

I think we will see these offered "standard" on new dolls within the next five years.

As far as androids and gynoids go, they will come, but are decades in the future. Their achievement is an age old desire by humanity...a perfectly obedient slave that will serve one tirelessly and without complaint. And, of course, if the device can be housed in body that resembles a sweet young thing in her sexual prime, so much the better!

technoguy

Euchre
Ex-Member

Post by Euchre »

KA...

I say go for it! And I would like to quote our imfamous chat dolly Tanya....'NYEH!' to all the naysayers out there who think its a waste of time and $$$. Its only cause THEY couldn't get the job done! :roll:

Maybe it is a waste of time, maybe its not, but its called PROGRESS for a reason!

Good Luck!

Euch
I was a bad boy at TDF and got ex-membered.

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

I don't post often, but I can't resist this time. One energy source that is absolutely possible and continuous, the wall outlet! No - no - hear me out! Some automakers use a transformer like system in their anti theft systems. Essentially they have the primary side of the transformer in the ignition switch, and the secondary side inside of the key. When you start the car, the electronics inside of the key transmit a specific signal to the body control unit telling it that the correct key is in the ignition. There's no electrical connection, just the magnetic inductance building and collapsing to generate power (I know other systems use a resistor in the key and two contacts to measure it's resistance but that's old news).
Now, I know it would be nice to have my dolly walking around and cooking and stuff but we're nowhere near ready to engineer that kind of thing, at least I'm not. What we need is power in bed so why not locate a large coil and laminated core in the middle of the bed for a primary winding, and another laminated core and coil inside of the doll? Lets say we run the primary @ 240 VAC and the secondary is only capable of 24 VAC? There are plenty of motors and muscle wire and voice boxes that run on a lower voltage and pretty efficiently, especially when we get into gear reduction. We can really generate a lot of torque from a small gear reduction motor to do humping and such.
She may have to be in just the right spot but it should work, especially if we can make a strong enough primary that draws a good deal of current.

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

Badaddy...

The problem with using electromagnetic induction to power one's doll is that the system you propose would probably be very inefficient with only a small amount of power being transfered to the doll. That means one would have to have very large currents flowing in the primary windings which gets one into issues of cooling the primary windings.

It would seem that just having the doll tethered by a simple power cord that plugged into her head or foot would be more efficient although there would be a power cord in the way during sex.

technoguy

DemitriMaximovDE

Post by DemitriMaximovDE »

Hello! I'm new here, and have a few things to say about energy. Actually, you can grab power out of thin air! "HOW??!!" i hear you say! well, all around us there are radio waves. One way to collect power for free is to steal radio tower bleed off. It's probably not illegal. You won't get near 100% efficiency unless you have an antenna of equal size right next to the radio tower, but these radio waves are constant. Just tune into the frequency of the nearest tower, make sure u got a ground, and stick in a method of collecting that energy. If you have the right electronics, you shouldn't need a battery to get an antenna vibrating at the right frequency(kinda like a crystal radio). The larger your antenna and the closer you are to the radio tower, the more power you will get. Seeing as most people don't live under one, you probably won't get tons of juice, but when not in use, it should recharge some kind of power storage device slowly(lithium ion batery).

Thermopiles or peltiers require a significant temperature difference from one side of the plate to the other to generate only tiny amounts of energy. The heat required would burn you if you touched it, however if u can manage to create a constant heat source (degrading radioactive materials in a sealed container) and attached a peltier to it, you would have a constant stream of power for quite a while. I don't think u would want something that radioactive in your bed though. otherwise you won't be needing a condom EVER and you'll probably die of radiation poisoning if the container ever cracked.

I think your best bet might be to find some flexible solar cells and make some kind of clothing(perhaps a hat), then keep her infront of a nice sunny window. It doesn't take a huge surface area to charge a battery. the solar pannels that plug into your car lighter and recharge your battery are quite small. silicone doesn't degrade quickly in sunlight i suppose or else our windows would be leaking constantly. I would use some kind of protection from sunlight though.

If you can tollerate fiberoptic hair, then u could use that to direct light onto a solar pannel within the cranium and use that as a charge method.

These are the only ways i can think of to provide power without having to refuel.

As for wireless power transmission, the most efficient method would be inductance, and it would not be very efficient at all, but u would have to put a coil of wire almost or at skin level and hide it as best you can. then, align the supply coil directly onto that spot. after that, u set up your charge circuit, plug it in, and hope u get enough power to blink an LED once every minute if u were using the solar pannel clothing power supply. the others could fit into your doll. wire is always the best transport.

INFORMATIONS