betterlovedoll.com

Say hello to Püppi!

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Shiranui Gen-An

Re: Say hello to Püppi!

Post by Shiranui Gen-An »

Killperry wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:37 am The lens works nicely here! Püppi looks gorgeous as always. 😍
I thank you on her behalf! She really likes to hear that, although I'm pretty sure she's well aware of her beauty. :wink:
Have you tried playing around with some alternative lightning? That's on my list for Lzzy's pics. It might give a whole new mood to Pûppi's pics aswell!
I do know a thing or two about lighting, but I don't have the equipment for that. After all, this is a very small apartment and not a studio, I only have limited space for even placing my doll, and the room lighting is all there is, so there won't be a lot of variety about that. I wouldn't concearn investing in such equipment as long as I don't have enough space to place or store it anywhere, but the topic is an interesting one, and you can do some artsy-fartsy stuff with it. :D

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

Loving them curves on Puppi wow! 8) :mrgreen:

Shiranui Gen-An

Alright, I tried around with some alternative lighting, and it doesn't work out. Only thing it does is prolongue the exposure time, leading into blurred results. So I stick to what I've learned... the white balance is important, and I can set this with my camera, that's why the pictures never look like they are made in room lighting conditions, but in fact they are. I don't want to pull out my tripod for every shot, just to get a picture that I would have gotten anyway with stronger lighting.... it can all be adjusted in Camera Raw.

Püppi would like to thank you all for your appreciation.

To be continued...

Shiranui Gen-An

Apparently, it is some kind of "thing" for people to capture their morning routine and post it on the internet. I never got it why people do this or even think this could be interesting for anybody else, since we all know what we do in the bathroom, and the interesting parts aren't shown on youtube anyway... maybe they don't think about that at all and only want to post something. But it looks like people watch this, so Püppi was intrigued and also wanted to do a such a shoot, so here it is:

..:::* * *PÜPPI'S MORNING ROUTINE* * *:::..

The hardest part is getting out of bed...

... straight into the bathroom...

... doing what we all do. (What they don't show you on youtube, part I) :razz:

On to the mirror, reassuring that you really look shit-faced in the morning...

... and here I got why people watch this... it's the sideboobs and downblouses, isn't it? :D

A little water in your face works wonders.

We all hate it, but we gotta do it... brushing teeth.

Time to undress... (What they don't show you on youtube, part II) :razz:

... and take a shower. No cameras allowed in there, sorry guys. :lol:

So fresh and so clean... time for some cosmetical care.

Since we already got the brush out, and there is still plenty of time... (What they don't show you on youtube, part III) :whistle:

Yes, she knows that this is not a toothbrush, fools. :razz:

[removed]

[removed]

Excuse me for a while, I think we have to interrupt this shooting for a few minutes... :whistle:

Here we are again. :D

Out of the bathroom, time for some dancing to your favorite music. Better than sports. :lying:

Spinning around!

Don't care about your moves, nobody's watching (ecxept for those who watch this on youtube, of course)

Alright, fit for the day! Now it's time to dress. (What they don't show you on youtube, part IV)

Sorry again, you're not allowed to watch this. Not my decision. :wink:

... et voilà (that's french for "tadaa")! - Marge Simpson :D
Ready to go! 8)

That's all, folks. Thanks for watching, subscribe to my channel, heart you all, xoxo and so on... <3 <3 <3

To be continued...

Shiranui Gen-An

There are a handful of outtakes that I would like to share next, but it doesn't seem to be too interesting by now...

Shiranui Gen-An

Alright, since you all seem to be stunned and paralyzed by the awesomeness of our last shooting, disabling you from responding, I won't let you suffer any longer. Here are the outtakes.
I'll just drop them, since nobody seems to care anyway.

[removed]

[removed]

Beardo822

Post by Beardo822 »

She's an absolute rock Goddess! I very much love your thread! You are a Master of Puppets! You might find this forum kind of ebbs and flows with engagement. I suspect some people might not click on every new link they see, in Eye Candy or not. I know if I don't have a lot of time when I check in here I'll be less likely to check out a thread until I have a lot more time to spend on the site exploring. One surefire way that will get me to click on a new thread is if it identifies the doll model in the title. Like if you had WM166c in the title, I probably would have checked it out much sooner since I'm such a fan of the sculpt. Not saying I just looked at this thread for the first time right now, but I did only click on it the other day.
Please know that the nature of this forum is that not everyone who truly enjoys any thread will comment. I'm guilty of it myself.
Rock On!!

Shiranui Gen-An

Thank you for your input, @Beardo822! When I started this thread, I also thought about mentioning the body model in the title, but I decided against it... didn't want to reduce her to her body, you know..... but I might change that. ;)
Very nice words, I'm glad you like my thread! After all, I don't make these pictures for myself, I can look at her all the time.... but this way I'm trying to share some fun, and it makes me happy when people appreciate the effort. :)

ps. No way to edit the title anymore. Guess I'll have to be persistent, so eventually people look at this thread just because they read the fucking title a hundred times and finally want to know what's behind this annoyance. :mrgreen:
I'm guilty of it myself. :razz:

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Shiranui Gen-An wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:56 pm Alright, since you all seem to be stunned and paralyzed by the awesomeness of our last shooting, disabling you from responding, I won't let you suffer any longer. Here are the outtakes.
I'll just drop them, since nobody seems to care anyway.
Hey, nothing wrong with these last pics, just I don't really know how to think of them. This 'morning routine' set would make good promo pics for this brand and model of doll, but normal daily life isn't what we usually see in doll photo stories. I know how hard it is when we make something really artistic but nobody says anything because they don't know what to say. I've made long story shoots with Azrael that got few comments because they were, it seems, too weird for some folks or too difficult to follow for others. So please don't give up, you can't win 'em all :mrgreen:

Shiranui Gen-An

the living tribunal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:59 pmThis 'morning routine' set would make good promo pics for this brand and model of doll, but normal daily life isn't what we usually see in doll photo stories. I know how hard it is when we make something really artistic but nobody says anything because they don't know what to say.
Well, that's the point actually... I really thought that I created something special that you haven't seen before. Although it might be very common for you and me, I think it's quite unusual for a doll to go to the toilet or brush her teeth.
I finally managed to include different backgrounds, and I tried some challenging poses to make it look like she's standing without holding anywhere, and I even applied some special effects like the flying dress in the spinning-around-pose... then there is this "accidental" nudity... I wanted it to look natural. But alright, too artsy-fartsy. Noted.
the living tribunal wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:59 pmSo please don't give up, you can't win 'em all :mrgreen:
Going with the Beastie Boys: Because I can't, I won't, and I don't stop! :multi:

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Shiranui Gen-An wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:12 pm Well, that's the point actually... I really thought that I created something special that you haven't seen before. Although it might be very common for you and me, I think it's quite unusual for a doll to go to the toilet or brush her teeth. I finally managed to include different backgrounds, and I tried some challenging poses to make it look like she's standing without holding anywhere, and I even applied some special effects like the flying dress in the spinning-around-pose... then there is this "accidental" nudity... I wanted it to look natural.
Yeah, I see where you're coming from and, now that you point it out, that there's clever stuff in the photography :thumbs_up:

The problem isn't so much about being arty, but that the forum is flooded with content and keeping up with it takes time that most people don't have; so most folks skim the forum and only stop to read properly if there's something in a post that stands out; 'girl gets up in the morning' is the same as 'girl using an ATM' or 'girl doing her tax returns'; people never look closely enough to see the clever stuff; there needs to be something out of the ordinary to grab people's attention and make them look closer, in any shoot not intended as a documentary. The way to handle everyday stuff, at least in my experience, is to add some humour in it, especially the first few pics;

For example, she tries to get out of bed too sleepy to think, slides onto the floor looking really silly and her POV includes a cat grinning at her with that 'Dumb human, you fail getting up forever!' look that cats are so good at, possibly followed by her looking angry at the cat and the cat running away out of a door. That sort of thing. There's a reason I keep Matt the Cat around :).

A catchy title helps, too, so instead of "PÜPPI'S MORNING ROUTINE", maybe something like "Even rock star girls have to get up in the morning!" Yeah, it's cheesy, but you do sometimes need to make a drama out of a crisis :razz:

The other thing that will help encourage people who are skimming the forum (i.e., most of them) to not say "OMG, a huge wall of pixels!" is to not break the page layout ... keep each photo (or at least its preview or thumbnail version) easily visible in one screenful; these days, I use an image host and set the image on the page up to display as a smaller version, and that smaller version links to the full-size one. If you're only posting on the forum and don't need an external image host, TDF forum has some built-in bbcode tags for this; img600, imgthm, and so on; on desktop, you can hover the mouse over their buttons, in the "post a reply" form, to see what each one does. Hope this helps.

Shiranui Gen-An

the living tribunal wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:44 am (...) The other thing that will help encourage people who are skimming the forum (i.e., most of them) to not say "OMG, a huge wall of pixels!" is to not break the page layout ... keep each photo (or at least its preview or thumbnail version) easily visible in one screenful; these days, I use an image host and set the image on the page up to display as a smaller version, and that smaller version links to the full-size one. If you're only posting on the forum and don't need an external image host, TDF forum has some built-in bbcode tags for this; img600, imgthm, and so on; on desktop, you can hover the mouse over their buttons, in the "post a reply" form, to see what each one does. Hope this helps.
Well, thanks for the input, but that's not my style, and I want to keep it the way I do it. I really have to disagree about doing a morning routine parody being the same as doing taxes. Yes, it's supposed to be a parody of youtubers who think that posting this must be interesting as shit, because it definitely isn't. And while they try to make it interesting without revealing anything that could really be of interest, I tried to revert it by NOT pretending to show anything special, but still making it worth looking at. Maybe too difficult for the audience, I must admit. :lol:
My sense of humor might be a little more decent, but it is there. I'm not gonna point it all out, but I would like to thank you very much for the hint about the image thumbnails! I didn't know how to do this from out of the doll album, where I upload all my pictures, and I wasn't happy with those giant pictures either. Made my day! :thumbs_up:

ps. Too bad it's already too late to edit most of my posts. :(

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

I apologise for missing that it was a parody; I didn't notice the text as my eyes were straining to cope with the huge images and it's easy to miss something when something else more noticable is in the FoV; guess this is the visual equivalent of audio masking; hopefully the image preview thing will solve that. Taken as a parody, it makes more sense than it did before :thumbs_up:

Shiranui Gen-An

Like I said, I cannot edit this post anymore, or any post before that either. So I'm afraid these pictures will have to remain huge, unless Swan can help me out. For now, I have to remove some pictures that are against the rules, but I can only do that in my last post.

[edit]Thanks to Swan, the morning routine post now is much more enjoyable to browse. :thumbs_up:

Oh, and apology taken, of course! I know reading is not what people come here for, but I still try to entertain those who bother. And with the preview options that you pointed out it finally looks the way it was meant to be from the start! :D

Shiranui Gen-An

It seems I missed one outtake that I would like to have shared, so here it is:

To be continued...

INFORMATIONS