www.xtdoll.com

How much weight is appropriate to reduce?

XTDoll aims to provide as realistic experiences as possible. In order to achieve this, we have used real person as our model. Our goal is to gain popularity among the targeted group for companionship and better sexual experiences. Website: www.xtdoll.com

Moderator: jiayi

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: How much weight is appropriate to reduce?

Post by just a guy »

between 22-26 kg would be best with the head on off course.
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

SxDolled
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SxDolled »

Swedish Meatball wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 6:43 am
peachplumpear wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:45 pm As low as possible. TAYU is wildly popular because of their extremely low weights. Weight is THE obstacle in this hobby. I myself prefer dolls 21kg and under.
True enough but their twisted wrists are awful!

What doll is 21kg? Asking for a friend. :whistle:

https://sxdolled.com/products/meridel-d ... m-sex-doll

For your friend :whistle:
Australian based vendor happy to help navigate your girl directly to your doorstep. Aussie or not, stop by for a chat anytime 😊

Check us out today! I guarantee you won't be disappointed 😀

https://sxdolled.com/
https://sxdolled.com/collections/sex-dolls

E-mail:
info@sxdolled.com

Follow SxDolled On: Instagram | Twitter | Pinterest | Discord

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

I think most fit guys can manage 35Kg easily, with anything over 50Kg a bit of a struggle.
I appreciate that those that can't cope with that will make weight a priority and that's got to be important, but it should be an option to reduce, much as the doll industry has done, but let's not pretend a weight reduced doll is better. I would prefer doll manufacturers to say this is our optimal doll with some weight reduction and here is the further weight reduced doll for those who want it. From what I see most average dolls can be produced in the 30-40Kg weight range and further reduced by 10kg or more with some trade-offs that people are willing to lose. At least until they walk and handle themselves.
-- Silikodoll 150 G , H1 J7 --

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

skra-snarker wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:26 pm I think most fit guys can manage 35Kg easily, with anything over 50Kg a bit of a struggle.
I appreciate that those that can't cope with that will make weight a priority and that's got to be important, but it should be an option to reduce, much as the doll industry has done, but let's not pretend a weight reduced doll is better. I would prefer doll manufacturers to say this is our optimal doll with some weight reduction and here is the further weight reduced doll for those who want it. From what I see most average dolls can be produced in the 30-40Kg weight range and further reduced by 10kg or more with some trade-offs that people are willing to lose. At least until they walk and handle themselves.
I have a weight-reduced doll. She is an XTdoll silicone 163cm F-cup beauty. She weighs 55lb (plus head...). I know what they did to reduce weight. They have foam around the skeleton. I can't tell you that it bothers me. She is hard where she needs to be, and she is soft (man, is she soft...) where she needs to be. She is easy to move around and play with. She doesn't have toothpicks for limbs. I don't like those.
There are manufacturers (XYcolo, for example), who use aluminum instead of steel for the skeleton. That is a significant weight reduction that has no effect whatsoever on the softness or anything else.
So, I wouldn't jump to assume that a light doll will not feel right. My Emily feels just right. Everywhere...

Note, by the way, that when you are giving their height, you are given the height WITH the head, but when you are given the weight, you are given the weight WITHOUT the head...
Body: XTdoll 163F Silicone.
Emily (XTdoll XT-2 head): viewtopic.php?t=174486
Sophie (Zelex GE115 head): viewtopic.php?t=178207
Brandi (Zelex GE45-5 head): viewtopic.php?p=2511578

skra-snarker

Post by skra-snarker »

Accepting what's been said, thoughtfulness, innovation and technology are slowly bringing down the weight, but to get the reduction people are requesting requires trade-offs. So at this stage you either pay more or accept loss in performance.
To illustrate, take the skeleton.
You could easily half the weight on the skeleton with thinner higher quality steel and better fabrication at a hike in cost. Take an aluminium skeleton, you will need to use alloy bolts and the fabrication is more expensive over steel. Strength for weight is about the same as steel, unless you go for over-size tubes which is not going to work. Titanium has a lot of properties that would work well for a skeleton, as in toughness and resistance to corrosion but is much more expensive. Carbon fibre an obvious option, probably only for high end, given the cost. I don't see options here for getting the toughness and reliability of a crude steel skeleton without increasing cost, or producing something that keeps breaking.

My point is - weight reduction - is worth pursing to drive innovation - but we have to accept the limits of where we are today. Most people don't want to pay more and there is still a long way to go to improve realism and performance, which manufacturers will lose sight of, if they obsess about weight.

I don't want super lightweight dolls to be normal if that means they'll fall apart, seize up, have weird creases or lumps in the wrong place.
Where manufacturers feel too constrained to innovate on new features, scared they'll be slammed for adding weight.

So, on appropriateness of weight, I'd say work with the weight you feel most comfortable with to provide the doll you want, say 35Kg and make that your default, whilst understand you have an audience who want a doll at less than 20Kg too, which they can have at a cost and/or with known loss in performance.
-- Silikodoll 150 G , H1 J7 --

PartThree

Post by PartThree »

SMH.

I think it's guys like me, that are really into this for an immersive sexual experience, are getting the worst out of it. I've had two TPE torsos and one GORGEOUS TPE doll (just under 100lbs with head) that really convinced me that to have fun, I just need a more or less human female shape--narrow waist, wide hips, D-G sized boobs, sealed tunnels molded and not hacked with a plug, oral capable, a face only a mother can love is fine. But keep it under 50lbs or close.

I briefly owned the XT 163F that was near perfect and that is a shot in the right direction. I have another vendor's doll on order with similar proportions but after it arrives I'm buying one of these XTs again as it's close enough to my ideal. Plus, I THINK XT's love holes are never connected to the skeleton during the pour process and are isolated so it makes cleaning peace of mind--I should double check that.

Yesterday, the GF's treadmill arrived. The rectangular box--five feet x 3 feet weighted 38kg. 83lbs. I'm 66yo. I'd say I was pretty fit for my age (squat 225, deadlifted 300 two weeks ago!) but it's getting harder fast with time. I've got to keep it light. That damn box nearly killed me moving from my driveway, through my garage, into my house, up the stairs and into her workout room. Lifting weights through a linear, controlled range of motion doesn't hold a candle to trying manipulate 75lbs+ of simulated human into a position for a romp.I've had too much of a workout. Sure, I could pre-pose the figure and come back later but the spontaneity...

I've only been in this space since October and I'm fortunate to have a supportive, fun GF who likes exploring. Since 150cm seems to be the cutoff based on some perceived line drawn in the sand, I think 40-50lbs should be a doable proposition if the manufacturer understood that compromises WOULD be acceptable as long as the 3 love holes did the trick and were easy to clean.

Dunno, dunno..just a rant over morning coffee...carry on!
SE Doll 163C "Annie"
SE Doll 167E "Deidre" (coming soon)
#3 later this year

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

That’s a pretty good summary, PartThree. As I have one of those XT 163F (55lb without head), I can say that I don’t feel a compromise. The foam core inside, responsible for the majority of the weight loss, is not visible or felt. Some might say that her body is hard in some places. Let’s be fair, women (people, really) have bones, and those are not soft either… I would love for my next doll to be around 50lb, maybe even a little less than that, but would put the line at 65lb.

PartThree

Post by PartThree »

jeep2639 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:51 am That’s a pretty good summary, PartThree. As I have one of those XT 163F (55lb without head), I can say that I don’t feel a compromise. The foam core inside, responsible for the majority of the weight loss, is not visible or felt. Some might say that her body is hard in some places. Let’s be fair, women (people, really) have bones, and those are not soft either… I would love for my next doll to be around 50lb, maybe even a little less than that, but would put the line at 65lb.
It's just such a realization as a newb that 60lbs of body shaped weight proportioned across a five foot tall doll is MUCH different than two 30lb dumbbells you're punching through 5 sets of 12. Obviously, the farther you lean towards companionship and photography, the less of a burden (I'm guessing here) the extra weight from a very realistic model is. But if hey, the GF is out of town, you're laying in bed reading a book, and the mood comes over you, popping the featherweight doll off a hook, adding a head/wig, turning on the AI conversation starter, and going at it becomes less a hassle and compatible with spontaneity. Having the peace of mind of an isolated sealed tunnel helps to since you might crash after and not be able to do cleanup until the next morning or so. And then there is morning sex...

Once this third doll comes in I'll have to evaluate if it's worth pursuing further. I JUST found a shorter, lighter doll in stock at another vendor and trying to find some reviews about general durability. The pics are not very revealing below the waist and I'm unwilling to take the $2000 plunge for an unknown. At least we have first hand experience with the XTs and they are going a LONG way to getting closer to my end of the doll owner/purpose spectrum. Hooyah!
SE Doll 163C "Annie"
SE Doll 167E "Deidre" (coming soon)
#3 later this year

BorderFarce
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BorderFarce »

The rule of thumb is 60 lbs with head ideal compromise.

Up to 70 lbs max if the doll is super hot super arousing for you like a real woman.

For example another manufacturer Fanreal Maria:
170 cm old version without head 88 lbs.

170 cm new weight reduced version with head 77 lbs.

155 cm petite version weight reduced with head 64 lbs.

Do not want to alter a superb body style sales photo as posted in the OP.

Go down as low to guarantee sales in Australia or UK (155 cm) and reduce from there.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

Man! You have a GORGEOUS girl on her way to you. Wait for her!... She is not heavy, she looks gorgeous. Taste her first...
But I'm with you. That's the crazy thing. Before buying my first doll, I wondered what would be a good weight. So, I lifted the Costco water bottle trays. I then weighed them. They were about 40lb each. I realized that an 80lb doll would weight like two trays. Can I lift two trays together? Probably, but it would be hard. Did it stop me from getting a 120lb doll as my first one? No! And then I learned that the math was right. 120lb was WAY over my abilities. Especially because every time I want to "play," I have to take her out of the box, bring her to bed (unless I want to do a photoshoot), and 120lb is heavy. That's why I'm so sensitive to weight now.
I love how I can take Emily (55lb+head) out of the box, put a head on, put her in bed, cover her with a blanket, go do other things, come back to the bedroom to find her exactly where I left her (would be creepy if I found her elsewhere...), get an immediate "physical reaction" and got in the game. Then, clean her up (man, ever since you started talking about the sealed tunnel I started worrying, but it looks like the XT163F is sealed...), put her back in the box.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

BorderFarce wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:23 am The rule of thumb is 60 lbs with head ideal compromise.

Up to 70 lbs max if the doll is super hot super arousing for you like a real woman.

For example another manufacturer Fanreal Maria:
170 cm old version without head 88 lbs.

170 cm new weight reduced version with head 77 lbs.

155 cm petite version weight reduced with head 64 lbs.

Do not want to alter a superb body style sales photo as posted in the OP.

Go down as low to guarantee sales in Australia or UK (155 cm) and reduce from there.
I think that the degrees of freedom in reducing weight are:\
1. Overall size and body shape
2. Foam core
3. Skeleton material

Willing to compromise on some, but not on others.

BorderFarce
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BorderFarce »

Aluminum alloy, titanium alloy or carbon fiber tubes for the long limb bones of the skeleton and skip the jointed Evo spine and go to a one piece forged shallow S shape double curve spine that will last forever and be lighter

BorderFarce
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BorderFarce »

Wait a sec.

Aren't XTdoll 150 cm D cups with weight reduction already 45 lbs without the head?

The voluptuous 162 cm E cup OP sales photo doll should bee no problem at 60 lbs without head getting the full weight reduction treatment.

XT weightwise offers a lot of the TAYU doll benefit at 60 percent of the cost.

jeep2639
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jeep2639 »

BorderFarce wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:30 am Aluminum alloy, titanium alloy or carbon fiber tubes for the long limb bones of the skeleton and skip the jointed Evo spine and go to a one piece forged shallow S shape double curve spine that will last forever and be lighter
This should definitely be an option. I will likely cost more, and some will stick with steel, just like I don’t take just about ANY option. But, if they said that it would cost $250 more (just throwing a number) to get such a skeleton, I will likely upgrade.

anatoly

Post by anatoly »

I'm just learning about weight-reduction.

From what I've read so far, it seems like a bad idea in a lot of cases. Having a little bit of foam in the core maybe is OK, but after a certain amount it looks like it's too much? If a doll is too light, does it get less life like and lose realism? Also, don't want the silicone to separate from the foam.

To be safe, I'm steering away from dolls with “super reduced weight."

INFORMATIONS