Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Current production time.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

AnonViking
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Current production time.

Post by AnonViking »

Nackers wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:01 am Aggressive doesn't have to mean angry or violent, it also has a meaning of "proactive".
Yes, I meant "aggressively trying", or "try with a lot of effort", not rude or impolite. :thumbs_up:

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

AnonViking wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:26 am I do get automatic response when I sent to sales@realdoll.com, and an id for the request. But no follow up. So I'm not sending into some blackhole :D
I will try again in the new year, and apparently have to be aggressive, using phone even!
Calling won't work, because unless the planets align and hell has frozen over, you won't get any answer to your call. Instead you will get an answering machine that tells you that you need to schedule your call via email. I say this from experience.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

Wolfr1997
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wolfr1997 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:00 pm
Wolfr1997 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:41 pm I sent a service request after the lead time estimate of 8-10 months expired. I’ve been waiting for a reply to my enquiry for a pouring date estimate for 7 weeks. Still nothing.
What email address did you contact? Did you email a second time?
I’ve emailed 3x to sales@realdoll.com I also tried speaking via chat to a person as per their options on their website and to date my message (2 weeks ago) is marked unread. I have screenshots of everything

ovbtlwivxi
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by ovbtlwivxi »

Oh wow, I had no idea. Do they still have the faces from back then? For a while they had faces that were slightly less realistic but very cute, with larger eyes. They were named after the seasons and the months of the year.
Swan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:01 pm

Not true... https://www.realdoll.com/product/star-3-0-petite/
They changed the name from Boytoy to Petite
dylan10200125 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:52 pm Is it true that abyss discontinued the bt3 star

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

ovbtlwivxi wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:29 pm Oh wow, I had no idea. Do they still have the faces from back then? For a while they had faces that were slightly less realistic but very cute, with larger eyes. They were named after the seasons and the months of the year.
Swan wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 3:01 pm

Not true... https://www.realdoll.com/product/star-3-0-petite/
They changed the name from Boytoy to Petite
dylan10200125 wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2023 2:52 pm Is it true that abyss discontinued the bt3 star
The Calendar Girls (months), Seasons, and C series faces were discontinued when the Celestial series Star, Sky, were released with the BT3 Body. Then Solana with the BT4, Nova was added when the line was renamed Petite with the P5 body.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

dylan10200125
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dylan10200125 »

Lynxz wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:15 pm Well had quite the chat with Sam today. For reference i e-mailed and he replied in 6 days. The guy is swamped but still getting shit done. Anyone complaining Abyss/Sam don't reply is incorrect. What i will say is people aren't checking their e-mails (inc spam folder), not answering the phone or not checking their voicemails or its full. (i don't pick up on random numbers either. So when he called i cancelled it. He e-mailed me a minute later sayin 'hey i just tried calling and it dropped". I called and he picked up.

Anyway they have 160ish doll orders atm and still having supplier issues getting silicone. Not only that but are down to 12 albeit skilled staff. There are a few hopeful things on the horizon that should bring lead times back into this solar system but won't know definitively for a couple months. Currently a new order is probably 1.5 years out but even that can/should change as much can occur in that time. Even my order which is at 13 months can't be ironed down to an exact time. So thats where we are. I want what i want (the best) so im gonna be patient. Also take it easy on Sam the guy gets the worst treatment you can imagine being in customer service.

Did you find out anything about your doll since then?

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

Sam did ask me to check in mid January for a better timeline on my doll. I haven't yet. I won't lie i picked up a Chinese silicon doll thats been holding me over and made me much more patient for my RD. Perhaps i'll check in tomorrow if not for me but anyone else here thats awaiting news

dylan10200125
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dylan10200125 »

Make and model?

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

dylan10200125 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 5:50 pm Make and model?
Lynxz wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:06 am Sam did ask me to check in mid January for a better timeline on my doll. I haven't yet. I won't lie i picked up a Chinese silicon doll thats been holding me over and made me much more patient for my RD. Perhaps i'll check in tomorrow if not for me but anyone else here thats awaiting news
Just a reminder - we do not discuss competing brands in a manufacturer's section - Feel free to PM each other.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Lynxz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Lynxz »

Thats why I didn't name it.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Lynxz wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:57 am Thats why I didn't name it.
Yes, I see that. But dylan10200125 asked after you posted, therefore my reminder.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Wolfr1997
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Wolfr1997 »

After months of waiting I finally received a reply. The news isn’t good. My lead time was set at 8-10 months and I ordered December 21st 2022. It is now February 2024 and I have had 2 pour estimates. The first estimate was given at the end of December and set at May 2024, 3 weeks later that estimate was extended 3 months. I was told they’re only producing and sending out 1 doll per week right now. I was also informed that they’re having money issues but are hoping to get more money soon??? All of it seems very opaque and I’m worried

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Wolfr1997 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:43 pm After months of waiting I finally received a reply. The news isn’t good. My lead time was set at 8-10 months and I ordered December 21st 2022. It is now February 2024 and I have had 2 pour estimates. The first estimate was given at the end of December and set at May 2024, 3 weeks later that estimate was extended 3 months. I was told they’re only producing and sending out 1 doll per week right now. I was also informed that they’re having money issues but are hoping to get more money soon??? All of it seems very opaque and I’m worried
While we understand you are relaying your experience, please help us understand what you are saying.

Are you saying the ETA for your pour is now August 2024?

Please also be careful when making statements, like you were informed Abyss is having "money issues." What does that mean, and who "informed" you? That could mean that customers are not making full payments on their doll or canceling orders late and Abyss has already laid out cash for the materials and started production. Maybe the price of silicone has gone up? Please explain what you mean and verify the source. This kind of statement usually causes confusion and derails discussions.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:08 pm
Wolfr1997 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:43 pm After months of waiting I finally received a reply. The news isn’t good. My lead time was set at 8-10 months and I ordered December 21st 2022. It is now February 2024 and I have had 2 pour estimates. The first estimate was given at the end of December and set at May 2024, 3 weeks later that estimate was extended 3 months. I was told they’re only producing and sending out 1 doll per week right now. I was also informed that they’re having money issues but are hoping to get more money soon??? All of it seems very opaque and I’m worried
Please also be careful when making statements, like you were informed Abyss is having "money issues." What does that mean, and who "informed" you? That could mean that customers are not making full payments on their doll or canceling orders late and Abyss has already laid out cash for the materials and started production. Maybe the price of silicone has gone up? Please explain what you mean and verify the source. This kind of statement usually causes confusion and derails discussions.
Considering he mentioned he got a reply from Abyss, I would say it's safe to assume that Abyss told him this. But yes, a screenshot of the conversation would be helpful as Abyss possibly being financially insolvent, or near that point, would be concerning.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Let’s not assume. We know where that leads.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS