Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Current production time.

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

Wolfr1997
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Current production time.

Post by Wolfr1997 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:08 pm
Wolfr1997 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:43 pm After months of waiting I finally received a reply. The news isn’t good. My lead time was set at 8-10 months and I ordered December 21st 2022. It is now February 2024 and I have had 2 pour estimates. The first estimate was given at the end of December and set at May 2024, 3 weeks later that estimate was extended 3 months. I was told they’re only producing and sending out 1 doll per week right now. I was also informed that they’re having money issues but are hoping to get more money soon??? All of it seems very opaque and I’m worried
While we understand you are relaying your experience, please help us understand what you are saying.

Are you saying the ETA for your pour is now August 2024?

Please also be careful when making statements, like you were informed Abyss is having "money issues." What does that mean, and who "informed" you? That could mean that customers are not making full payments on their doll or canceling orders late and Abyss has already laid out cash for the materials and started production. Maybe the price of silicone has gone up? Please explain what you mean and verify the source. This kind of statement usually causes confusion and derails discussions.
I’ve been speaking to Sam via email and have had around 4 emails over the last 5 weeks stating that I’d receive a call from him which never transpired. He informed me of the current doll production being @1 doll per week and informed me that my pour date (not the shipping date) is now August 2024where in December I was told May 2024 The reason given is that they only have 2 staff building dolls as one has recently left the job. Sam also spoke of funding which could hopefully result in hiring more staff and improved lead times. I don’t see anything positive in the above information, I paid cash in full 14 months ago and apparently have another 29 weeks to wait for production to begin. Who’s to say this is the last delay? If they’re sending out 1 doll per week that means I’m number 29 in the queue. There are people here hundreds down in the queue! By those numbers they have a 3year wait ahead

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Thank you that gives us a clearer picture of what you were trying to say. Often we are so close to something; what is clear to you, is not to someone reading it for the first time
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

dollguy

Post by dollguy »

Starting to sound like some of those companies that went out of business?

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

dollguy wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:55 am Starting to sound like some of those companies that went out of business?
All of them folded except for Real Doll.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

dylan10200125
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dylan10200125 »

Wolfr1997 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:00 am
TJ_Foxx wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:08 pm
Wolfr1997 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 4:43 pm After months of waiting I finally received a reply. The news isn’t good. My lead time was set at 8-10 months and I ordered December 21st 2022. It is now February 2024 and I have had 2 pour estimates. The first estimate was given at the end of December and set at May 2024, 3 weeks later that estimate was extended 3 months. I was told they’re only producing and sending out 1 doll per week right now. I was also informed that they’re having money issues but are hoping to get more money soon??? All of it seems very opaque and I’m worried
While we understand you are relaying your experience, please help us understand what you are saying.

Are you saying the ETA for your pour is now August 2024?

Please also be careful when making statements, like you were informed Abyss is having "money issues." What does that mean, and who "informed" you? That could mean that customers are not making full payments on their doll or canceling orders late and Abyss has already laid out cash for the materials and started production. Maybe the price of silicone has gone up? Please explain what you mean and verify the source. This kind of statement usually causes confusion and derails discussions.
I’ve been speaking to Sam via email and have had around 4 emails over the last 5 weeks stating that I’d receive a call from him which never transpired. He informed me of the current doll production being @1 doll per week and informed me that my pour date (not the shipping date) is now August 2024where in December I was told May 2024 The reason given is that they only have 2 staff building dolls as one has recently left the job. Sam also spoke of funding which could hopefully result in hiring more staff and improved lead times. I don’t see anything positive in the above information, I paid cash in full 14 months ago and apparently have another 29 weeks to wait for production to begin. Who’s to say this is the last delay? If they’re sending out 1 doll per week that means I’m number 29 in the queue. There are people here hundreds down in the queue! By those numbers they have a 3year wait ahead
There queue is only 160ish dolls long. There main issue is with the people who ordered Realcocks. They have about 5,000ish orders they are trying to punch thru and have other staff that are helping with that. It is true though that they have only 1 or 2 people making the dolls they are not about to go out of business or anything like that.

From what they told me (abyss) they have a hard time keeping staff. I know the economic situation in California so it makes sense to me. If I lived there I would be demanding 40 an hour so I would have something left over after paying 3k on rent, silicone is expensive so I don't think they have a fat profit margin so they need outside funding to hore more people to go faster.

All I can say is stay with them, you will most likely get your doll within the next couple of months. I ordered in July so I have longer to wait. I don't see them "folding" like the other companies. They have a great reputation.

Commish

Post by Commish »

If it’s true the queue is 160ish dolls long and they’re pumping out one doll per week as stated, well…do the math. If you’re order #160 you’re not getting your doll until Spring 2027 LOL

jca
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jca »

Unless they need the money from new orders to continue to make payrolls and such (which would mean accidentally putting themselves into a ponzi), they really ought to just put a pause and freeze on said orders and take some time to breathe and fulfill what they've got. A backup that long is precarious.

dylan10200125
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dylan10200125 »

jca wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:23 pm Unless they need the money from new orders to continue to make payrolls and such (which would mean accidentally putting themselves into a ponzi), they really ought to just put a pause and freeze on said orders and take some time to breathe and fulfill what they've got. A backup that long is precarious.

I agree, I think they should pause new orders until their current queue is complete, namely their "Realcock" line. Then again I'm not Matt McMullen so I can't make that call. I think the queue being so long is bad for their reputation, we need more American doll companies and its a shame that realdoll is the only one.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

It is very easy to Monday morning quarterback a company's business moves. Realcoks may have a high profit margin and are easy to turn out. Creating cash flow. Let's also acknowledge that Mike Wilson is the Chief of Operations for Abyss Real Doll and has been since before the move to Vegas. Yes, the factory is in Las Vegas and has been for several years. I saw California mentioned in a post. Although due to the skills needed to make this quality doll, there is a significant amount of training, needed, maintaining that level of expertise is not easy in any state.

I don't think we know what the queue actually is; I read a few guesstimates. Regardless, it is likely the longest it has ever been historically. . Still not as long as S**thetics in the years before they folded.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

dylan10200125
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by dylan10200125 »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:00 pm It is very easy to Monday morning quarterback a company's business moves. Realcoks may have a high profit margin and are easy to turn out. Creating cash flow. Let's also acknowledge that Mike Wilson is the Chief of Operations for Abyss Real Doll and has been since before the move to Vegas. Yes, the factory is in Las Vegas and has been for several years. I saw California mentioned in a post. Although due to the skills needed to make this quality doll, there is a significant amount of training, needed, maintaining that level of expertise is not easy in any state.

I don't think we know what the queue actually is; I read a few guesstimates. Regardless, it is likely the longest it has ever been historically. . Still not as long as S**thetics in the years before they folded.
They have a new location in San Marcos.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

dylan10200125 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:34 pm
TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:00 pm It is very easy to Monday morning quarterback a company's business moves. Realcoks may have a high profit margin and are easy to turn out. Creating cash flow. Let's also acknowledge that Mike Wilson is the Chief of Operations for Abyss Real Doll and has been since before the move to Vegas. Yes, the factory is in Las Vegas and has been for several years. I saw California mentioned in a post. Although due to the skills needed to make this quality doll, there is a significant amount of training, needed, maintaining that level of expertise is not easy in any state.

So you are saying Abyss re-opened a facility in San Marcos? They moved from San Marcos to Vegas a few years ago... I am interested in the source of this info.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

TJ_Foxx wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:56 pm
dylan10200125 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:34 pm

So you are saying Abyss re-opened a facility in San Marcos? They moved from San Marcos to Vegas a few years ago... I am interested in the source of this info.
I've never heard of them reopening in San Marcos. I'm also interested to know the source.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

I am aware heads & faces are being sent to CA for makeup by the makeup artist who worked in San Marcos - who didn't relocate to Vegas. That is not a facility by any means. The two sets of eyelids I just got for Tasha were sent to her. I was thrilled because the same artist did Tasha's custom eyebrows. I couldn't be happier with the way they turned out.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

Commish

Post by Commish »

jca wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:23 pm Unless they need the money from new orders to continue to make payrolls and such (which would mean accidentally putting themselves into a ponzi), they really ought to just put a pause and freeze on said orders and take some time to breathe and fulfill what they've got. A backup that long is precarious.
When I wrote my comment the P word was in my mind but I stopped short of saying it, but you aren't wrong. Would Abyss have the funds to fulfill that huge backlog if no more orders came in? If not, that's the very definition of it. Eventually it catches up to you and it never ends well. I hope they succeed and can find some qualified workers going forward.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Commish wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:18 am
When I wrote my comment the P word was in my mind but I stopped short of saying it, but you aren't wrong. Would Abyss have the funds to fulfill that huge backlog if no more orders came in? If not, that's the very definition of it. Eventually it catches up to you and it never ends well. I hope they succeed and can find some qualified workers going forward.

That is what happened to S**nthetics, for completely different reasons. You guys are getting WAY ahead of yourselves on that notion about Abyss. Let’s keep the discussion factual.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS