Starpery.com

Project Aiko real or yet another hoax?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Project Aiko real or yet another hoax?

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Remember the Project Aiko android everyone thought was bogus?

Well theres a video circulating on the interwebs of said android:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/11/19/aiko ... ed-fembot/

Even if the AI looked a bit shoddy, it appears theres something going on there.

Or is this another hoax? Thoughts?

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

I wondered what happened to that guy. :lol: Looks like more of the same simple remote control animatronics being passed off as AI, I bet she looks like an erector set under all those clothes. And what did he do to her right hand? :roll:

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

LOL

Did you read some of the comments under the video?

"Great, he's invented a handi-capable sex doll that guilt trips you, slaps you when you come onto it and then tells you to go to the bathroom."

:lol:

I've said it before... the guy obviously has some electro-mechanical skills. He knows how to put things together and make them move. But this is still basic, hobby level animatronics. It's a sex doll head on a frame of some kind. She's covered in clothes so you get only the illusion that she's complete.

The audio for her sounds like it's been dubbed in.

And he's still making outrageous claims. Before, he said she could already walk and serve coffee. What's she doing in a wheel chair? Same old grandiose, delusional posturing.

Don't be fooled. It's a neat looking display, but nowhere near what he claims it to be.

Move along, move along.

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

For all that it is still clever. This might have been what I saw on the TV News.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Oh, I agree, it is clever. And I'd be cheering the guy on if he wasn't making all of these ridiculous claims and giving sob stories because people don't take him seriously.

But that's the thing. He only gives you enough to make it APPEAR like he's got something credible. And, to me, that's just deceptive and I can't take that seriously.

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

hello KawaiiLuvr , i just watched the movie and have to agree its a basic erector set underneathe with a doll head on top . some of the claims he may say might be true i have an a.i, system in my french madem that has a brain plug in that i can ask my angela a.i. what is the weather and she will tell me the local weather temperature and even a 5 day forcast courtesy of the internet (in here voice ,british accent) i do beleive the voice was dubbed on that tape and would be easy to do . i have a wireless system with my a.i. it doesn't move but can answer things and remember stuff etc. maybe i should borrow that guys errector set to use on my doll. !! :D

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

Doll Luvr wrote:Oh, I agree, it is clever. And I'd be cheering the guy on if he wasn't making all of these ridiculous claims and giving sob stories because people don't take him seriously.

But that's the thing. He only gives you enough to make it APPEAR like he's got something credible. And, to me, that's just deceptive and I can't take that seriously.
Yeah, upon further review it does appear that some of those wild claims are unsubstantiated. Such as reading the news paper to this grandmother (why not make a video of that?). The touch sensors also seemed very rudimentary, more like a button or a switch on the arm if you ask me. The audio sounded scripted, it very well may have been a clever dub.

I'll give the guy some credit for the mechanical work. Maybe in a few years time he will have something more impressive. But right now it looks like hes just fishing for attention without much substance to back up his claims.

fansimman
Active Poster
Active Poster

A.I.

Post by fansimman »

Yawn,yawn same same we did work like this when i was at unitec,and that was over 20 years ago.
Whats the end target?
I worked on multiplex nerve inpulse interface systems,for full control of false limbs,worked well,voice input and r.f. data interface with vocal return,the system used 64 micro step servo drives per wrist and hand.
the m.o.d. withdrew funding after spending £9.2m.
The downside was the crap c.p.u. around at the time,maybe worth a re visit.
Well whatever the chap has made a nice toy to play with,just missed the don't re invent the wheel and make it square bit.
Dave.

xxxtoytech
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by xxxtoytech »

"Project" Aiko is a hoax and always will be.

The Global News segment on Aiko shows, at time 1:12, the uncovered right arm. It looks a lot like he has taken the servos and brackets from a Kondo robot and used it to animate the arm. Kondo already has controllers and software for the PC. It appears that insulating wrap (for plumbing) has been used to flesh out the "arm". You;ll also notice that this arm is nothing like the photos posted showing the "arm" being constructed see a previous posting ("optical serve sensors") The reason for the jerky motion is that the arm is drastically underpowered. You'll notice that the arm cannot do anything useful, merely flail. In another video CityTV you'll see Trung supporting the left arm. I expect that the servos in the left arm have problems overcoming some of the resistance of the plastic skin and need a bit of help.

The speech and AI use the ALICE AI software (Trung has already mentioned this in the comments on another Youtube video). This is most likely what causes the inappropriate comment on the Global segment:

Reporter: "Is that alright?"
Android: "Sure, I love it."

More about the Kondo hobby robot line accesories and enhancements.

The people covering the Hobby show (where these videos were taken) most likely had no idea that the doll was a Japanese sex doll modified with hobby robot parts and using off-the-shelf AI software.

Regarding Trung's claims. This robot CANNOT be scaled up simply. Larger servos will require more space and more power. This is why many investigators are using other methods of powering robots. Servos are great for toys and other low-power applications but that is about it. If you look at the Kondo line, the bulk of the robot is taken up by the servos. He has not shown any integration of the AI program and the motion systems. His website continues to make exaggerated claims http://www.projectaiko.com/aboutcurrent.html and ask for money http://www.projectaiko.com/donation.htm

KawaiiLuvr
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by KawaiiLuvr »

xxxtoytech wrote:"Project" Aiko is a hoax and always will be.

The Global News segment on Aiko shows, at time 1:12, the uncovered right arm. It looks a lot like he has taken the servos and brackets from a Kondo robot and used it to animate the arm. Kondo already has controllers and software for the PC.
Wow, what a hack! I can't believe he got on tv with that crap. I gave the guy too much credit. If you notice when he opens the back theres a whole mess of wires, but the body doesn't have any movement. No way he needs that many wires for like 3 servos. He probably just dumped a bunch of useless junk in there to make it look more advanced. So bogus.

beavis6363
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by beavis6363 »

GrimStrike
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by GrimStrike »

If you're looking for different android projects and the such I've been going through http://www.androidworld.com/ lately. They seem to have some good links and projects. Unfortunately a lot of them seem more like Aiko but sometimes you can come across a good one.

noquiexis
Former Member

Valerie

Post by noquiexis »

Valerie is currently available for $59,000 (pocket change!)

http://www.androidworld.com/prod19.htm
noquiexis
Arana ( RealDoll Face 8 Body 8 ), Lothlorien ( Matt Krivicke Doll Pixie head ) and Zanthia ( Matt Krivicke Doll Yvette ) exist only in my imagination

"To me the meanest flower that blows can give
Thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears."
William Wordsworth

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

noquiexis

Valarie progress and development has been underway around about eight to nine years. She's sure "not to have" the very thing we all "most need". Lol
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

INFORMATIONS