Starpery.com

Cardbox box repair

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Koop

Cardbox box repair

Post by Koop »

I want to make more sturdy the box my doll came in (for future transportation / shipping). I was going to duct tape up the gaffs and apply Contact Cement to the frizzled parts. (Some smoke from a fire got onto the box and I made the mistake of washing the box leading to water damage). Anyone else have better suggestions? (Am I over concerned?)
IMG_3107.JPG
IMG_3107.JPG (1013.65 KiB) Viewed 700 times
IMG_3106.JPG
IMG_3106.JPG (2.98 MiB) Viewed 700 times
IMG_3105.JPG
IMG_3105.JPG (684.47 KiB) Viewed 700 times
IMG_3104.JPG
IMG_3104.JPG (691.75 KiB) Viewed 700 times

ishmin
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Cardbox box repair

Post by ishmin »

Those dark spots, are they burn spots from the fire or black mold from the washing? Going off the description and pictures I would say any attempts at repair would be more trouble than it is worth. Water weakens the structural integrity of the cardboard. So while it may look sturdy, once weight is applied to the box and the box is in motion during transport then it is more likely to break.

I would recommend getting a new box. If you get a box larger than the original it can be cut down to size. If the boxes you get are thin but come in a pack, you can use multiple layers for rigidity.

Koop

Post by Koop »

Dark spots = from burn, not from mold. Also the compromise is at the top/bottom of the box (when vertical) not the base where the doll puts her weight. This will probably be the last time I use the box: I'll buy a new box/storage container after this shipment.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Good thinking Koop :thumbs_up:

b33
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by b33 »

Koop wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 12:18 pm Dark spots = from burn, not from mold. Also the compromise is at the top/bottom of the box (when vertical) not the base where the doll puts her weight. This will probably be the last time I use the box: I'll buy a new box/storage container after this shipment.

I don't know if I would get rid of that high performance racing box, it has that sweet racing stripe :lol:

Kaley 3.0 Zelex X165 GE94-2 head
Main Threadviewtopic.php?t=164426

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Have you considered the Flight Case? Made of premium aluminum alloy with an interior of custom hard foam, it offers strong protection.
Flight Case: https://coeros.com/product/sex-doll-storage-case/
This might be an excellent long-term solution if you're concerned about the safety of your doll during transit.

I hope this helps!

A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Koop wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:10 pm I want to make more sturdy the box my doll came in (for future transportation / shipping). I was going to duct tape up the gaffs and apply Contact Cement to the frizzled parts. (Some smoke from a fire got onto the box and I made the mistake of washing the box leading to water damage). Anyone else have better suggestions? (Am I over concerned?)
For home storage that box is probably OK.
But not for shipping. :(
Sorry to say it to ya'.
Time for a new one.

Check out the thread HERE (viewtopic.php?p=2438952) about shipping and boxes.

Shipping tends to be brutal on the shipping box and looking at yours I would doubt its integrity.
You COULD repair it by getting solid cardboard and tape then covering the inside and outside with new stuff.
But at that point, you have built a whole new box !

Hope it helps.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Koop

Post by Koop »

Coeros wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:40 pm Have you considered the Flight Case? Made of premium aluminum alloy with an interior of custom hard foam, it offers strong protection.
This might be an excellent long-term solution if you're concerned about the safety of your doll during transit.

I hope this helps!

Yes I've seen your webpage you have lots of excellent products! Would you ever consider just selling the cardboard box? I don't need a flight case just for shipping.

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

Koop wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 4:43 pm
Coeros wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:40 pm Have you considered the Flight Case? Made of premium aluminum alloy with an interior of custom hard foam, it offers strong protection.

I hope this helps!

Yes I've seen your webpage you have lots of excellent products! Would you ever consider just selling the cardboard box? I don't need a flight case just for shipping.
Hello.

Thank you for your encouragement!
or the cardboard box, I would recommend you to buy it in a nearby area as the shipping cost can be high when shipping internationally due to the large size of the box.

Best Wishes.
Coeros
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

INFORMATIONS