docklandet_top_banner_tdf.gif

Some problems with translations from the Swedish webstore

Docklandet is a Sweden-based retailer and distributor of realistic silicone and TPE dolls. We are an authorized partner of famous brands such as WM, Zelex, Irontech, Starpery and many more. We have our warehouse in Sweden for fast delivery to whole EU. Docklandet has one of the greatest doll collections in the world with over 60 dolls on display in our huge show room. Our team got high experience in dolls and our store offers the best prices, newest dolls and upgrades, free discreet shipping, right to return and of course no hidden fee's.
Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Some problems with translations from the Swedish webstore

Post by Docklandet »

Hi!

Problem: Doll modifications/upgrades/accessories are not translated correctly.

As you might know our main store is in Swedish. We use a plugin for translation that makes an automatic translation of our webstore with the use of Google translate. This plugin translates our store (almost 1000 pages currently) from Swedish to English, Finnish, Danish and Norweigan languages. We also translate some parts ourselves manually.

Our webstore also uses another plugin for doll modifications, upgrades and accessories. We have used this plugin for over 3 years and have now sadly realised that it is impossible to translate it what so ever, this applies to both languages and currencies. Right now modifications, etc are shown in Swedish language and all prices are shown wrong in the shopping cart.

This makes the English/Finnish/Danish/Norweigan stores a bit confusing to order from, but they are still fully functioning though. When moving on from shopping cart to check out you will see the correct value/price of your doll, upgrades and accessories.

Our main markets are Sweden/Scandinavia and also our main focus. But we will of course also welcome any customer and we want to make the experience of our store as good as possible (even if you are not Swedish). We got a couple of alternatives for solving the problems with translation and doll modifications. Right now we are trying to find the best possible solution. As you might understand there are tons of different options for dolls (brands, sizes, materials, upgrades, etc) that will take alot of resource to rebuild/translate in English, Finnish, Danish and Norweigan.

If you are making an order from outside Sweden and find our translations or doll options too confusing you could write us an e-mail with what you wish to order and we will make an custom order for you right away. Don't hesitate to ask us if you have any questions!

:oops: :oops: :oops:

Best regards / Docklandet team

mcawesome

Re: Some problems with translations from the Swedish webstore

Post by mcawesome »

Hello, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm Swedish, and I have an unconventional proposition: I could assist with the English translation in exchange for one doll. Does that sound interesting?

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

I could also help with translation in Finnish in exhance for a doll I want. I have been googling your website for a while now and so many things are just plain wrong there that it gives very sctechy vibes. Also Seems you have banner here so you must have been TDF approved now am I right ?
Review of my Vanessa BBW Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=177349
Review of my Monica Hentai Torso Doll - viewtopic.php?t=169345
Review of my Elsa Babe 160cm L-cup - viewtopic.php?t=172708

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
Where to buy doll clothes
After honeymoon

Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Docklandet »

just a guy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:47 pm I could also help with translation in Finnish in exhance for a doll I want. I have been googling your website for a while now and so many things are just plain wrong there that it gives very sctechy vibes. Also Seems you have banner here so you must have been TDF approved now am I right ?
Hi! Actually we could need an extra hand for the Finnish translations. Its much easier for us to correct English, Norwegian and Danish. But Finnish is on another level :mrgreen:

Yes we are proud members of TDF (approved vendor). Otherwise we would not have a forum here 8)

Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Docklandet »

UPDATE: Our store is fully translated! But there are still a few pictures here and there with Swedish language.

We have also added German to the language list. We can ship to whole Germany!

We still have not find a good solution for doll options (translation + currencies). Right now it seams the options can only be translated with automatic translation apps. We hope to find a better way in the future. But anyway, it should be pretty easy to navigate through the options just seeing the pictures of them and the correct price/currency of the payed options will be shown when checking out.

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

sure hit me via PM and we can talk about the job :)

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

Hello. I have to reply here since I can't send you reply via PM. I got your message, but I get this error message and I tested, but I can't reply you back.

error message
"Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages."

Perhaps you need to contact moderator to enable PM feature so people can send you PM since it's can't even been found on your profile and even when you send PM I can't reply back :(

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Docklandet »

just a guy wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:44 pm Hello. I have to reply here since I can't send you reply via PM. I got your message, but I get this error message and I tested, but I can't reply you back.

error message
"Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages."

Perhaps you need to contact moderator to enable PM feature so people can send you PM since it's can't even been found on your profile and even when you send PM I can't reply back :(
Hi! Sorry for the very slow answer. It seams like the standard setting for our account was "Users can contact me by email". We have changed it now!

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

I still get same message "Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages."

Also I think the PM should be visible in your account in order it to work. It is not visible on your profile wehn I look at it. I also see you have done some new layout for your site as well. Looks good :)

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Docklandet »

mcawesome wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:32 pm Hello, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm Swedish, and I have an unconventional proposition: I could assist with the English translation in exchange for one doll. Does that sound interesting?
Sorry I missed your message. I think we got the English translations under control. We could need an extra hand though with some stuff. Guess you dont live close to Borlänge?
just a guy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 3:00 pm I still get same message "Some users couldn’t be added as they do not have permission to read private messages."

Also I think the PM should be visible in your account in order it to work. It is not visible on your profile wehn I look at it. I also see you have done some new layout for your site as well. Looks good :)
I will check with mod right away!

Thank you! :D
We are always trying to improve our webstore!

just a guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by just a guy »

when you make the PM work let me know and we can talk business if you still looking for proper finnish translation.

Best way to clean a doll
Best way to dry a doll
After honeymoon

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

There is a setting inside the User Control Panel, Board preference. Give it a try please
2023-10-17_6-41-09.jpg
2023-10-17_6-41-09.jpg (52.83 KiB) Viewed 939 times

Docklandet
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Docklandet »

KKFun wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:42 am There is a setting inside the User Control Panel, Board preference. Give it a try please

2023-10-17_6-41-09.jpg
Thank you! But we have this setting like that already :o

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

You should be able to receive private messages from members now. Thanks so much for your patience.
2023-10-23_16-16-39.jpg
2023-10-23_16-16-39.jpg (75.55 KiB) Viewed 861 times

Flintstones

Post by Flintstones »

Docklandet wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:53 am
just a guy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:47 pm I could also help with translation in Finnish in exhance for a doll I want. I have been googling your website for a while now and so many things are just plain wrong there that it gives very sctechy vibes. Also Seems you have banner here so you must have been TDF approved now am I right ?
Hi! Actually we could need an extra hand for the Finnish translations. Its much easier for us to correct English, Norwegian and Danish. But Finnish is on another level :mrgreen:

Yes we are proud members of TDF (approved vendor). Otherwise we would not have a forum here 8)
It would be really good if you could fix your Finnish website. Now they look like they are made by scammers and this will definitely limit buyers. There would be a big market in Finland and completely free. There isn't really a top-level doll sales in Finland. Only a few scam sellers and their websites. Make good Finnish-language pages where ALL the points are in Finnish and then market in Finnish, then the business will work. The arena is yours. :thumbs_up:

INFORMATIONS