realsexdoll.com

Hi from Berlin!

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Re: Hi from Berlin!

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Luther wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:22 am Hi katiesBoyfriend!

<snip>

You must be lucky.

Today, looking at the state Germany is in, I think that I should have went to the US or maybe even better to South America as soon as the borders opened in 1990 and never look back. Even so, I'm glad to live in Berlin because it's still a great place and I love it.
In the mid-1950s, Canada had a labour shortage and the government went to Europe to recruit skilled workers to come over. A lot of people saw what was available in "Amerika" (a name which was used to describe both Canada and the U. S. at the time) as a result of the post-war occupation and Hollywood movies and left to seek their fortunes.

Wir hatten guten Glück hier in Kanada gehabt. (We had good luck here in Canada.) My father made a good living at his trade and left me some money when he died. I grew up and got a good university education.
Concluding from your avatar we've got something else in common: being users of the best operating system under the sun :)
That's a leftover from earlier days. I prefer FreeBSD now.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Luther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Luther »

katiesBoyfriend wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:36 amI prefer FreeBSD now.
I see. May I ask which advantages over Linux you see in BSD? Not that I disliked BSD in any way, it's just that I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Myself being a Linux user, mostly Debian, since thirty years or so already.

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Herzlich Willkommen, Luther
(Welcome, Luther)
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

adymoro

Post by adymoro »

Hi Luther, I was born and bred in Gdansk (Danzig) and have visited Berlin on many occasions and loved it (I speak some German but not enough to write comfortably). I was actually in Germany on the day of the collapse of the Berlin's wall so I do have some unforgettable memories of that era which were unthinkable only a few months earlier.
I have settled many years ago in Rome btw but my heart has always been in "my" part of Europe.
Welcome to this great community where you can learn a lot and share your experiences with your new dolls.
6YE 161J - BBW Kate's thread viewtopic.php?f=383&t=147401

katiesBoyfriend
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: Western spiral arm of the Milky Way galaxy, out near the outskirts of the Laniakea supercluster

Post by katiesBoyfriend »

Luther wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:48 pm
katiesBoyfriend wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:36 amI prefer FreeBSD now.
I see. May I ask which advantages over Linux you see in BSD? Not that I disliked BSD in any way, it's just that I don't have a lot of experience with it.

Myself being a Linux user, mostly Debian, since thirty years or so already.
I can build a whole system from scratch and I have a variety of desktops to choose from. I find that it's a lot more powerful than Linux.
"A man has to be what he is, Joey. Can't break the mould. I tried it and it didn't work for me." Alan Ladd, Shane
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." Harlan Ellison
"Dad says that anyone who can't use a slide rule is a cultural illiterate and should not be allowed to vote. Mine is a beauty--a K&E 20-inch Log-log Duplex Decitrig." Robert Heinlein

Luther
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Luther »

Hi adymoro!
adymoro wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:05 pmI was born and bred in Gdansk (Danzig) and have visited Berlin on many occasions and loved it
I have been to Gdańsk a couple of years ago and liked it a lot. Now I'm planning some more visits at the Polish coast for this year, especially the narrow gauge railroad Gryfice-Pogorzelica! Also, since I'm frequently visiting the Czech Republic, I'm looking forward to some visits to the neighboring mountains on the Polish side, especially Góry Izerskie!

Yes, it was a great event when the darn wall fell in Berlin. However there were lots of subsequent events during the first half of the Nineties that also were deeply impressing and unforgettable to me and all of the fellows who were lucky enough to attend! It was the time of a previously unthinkable amount of free spaces and creativity and feeling of freedom in general, outstanding and unique. I'm so glad that I could be part of it!

Some day I'm going to write everything down, it will become a bestseller I believe ;)

adymoro

Post by adymoro »

sorry took some time to reply ;)
I am glad to hear about your visits. I need to visit Berlin again as it's been quite a while now, if so, I'll defo drop you line.
Thanks and take care
6YE 161J - BBW Kate's thread viewtopic.php?f=383&t=147401

soulove_
Ex-Member

Post by soulove_ »

wow, hope you can share the pics with make up for them.

INFORMATIONS