realsexdoll.com

Can you judge a vinyl doll's condition without removing it from its wrapper?

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
Inflator_Mouse
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Can you judge a vinyl doll's condition without removing it from its wrapper?

Post by Inflator_Mouse »

Hi! I'm a new user with what might seem like an odd question. I have a unused vintage? vinyl doll that hasn't been unwrapped from it's original clear plastic bag (although I've removed it from it's box). Since I bought it in the early 2000's, I'm concerned about it's condition, but I don't want to remove it from it's bag if it would reduce it's value to a collector.

In the early 2000's, I bought a number of Zena Fulsom dolls new in box from a particular auction site. A quarter of a century later, I have two left; one in the box and one unwrapped display model. They've been in storage since 2010, and I can't keep them any longer. I don't want to throw them away, but I don't want to sell them to someone and have them being disappointed.

Is there anyway to tell if the doll has survived the years without removing it from the bag, or should I unwrap it for a better look? I don't want my first posts in the community to sound like an advertisement, but this is the only forum that has members who would know about the subject.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Can you judge a vinyl doll's condition without removing it from its wrapper?

Post by seagull »

Almost Schrödinger's cat paradox
If you unwrap the doll and it collapses into a mess, there's your answer
However, vinyl is quite a robust material, as per music records, kind of hopeful that your doll will be ok :)

Inflator_Mouse
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Re: Can you judge a vinyl doll's condition without removing it from its wrapper?

Post by Inflator_Mouse »

Would it matter to a collector if it was unwrapped? I don't know how much condition means to someone collecting vintage dolls. When I was young and on my own, I collected a LOT of things: toys from my youth, video games, books, movies, and most importantly, inflatables. I have a family member to take care of now, and I don't have the time or space to keep up with my old pursuits. The easiest thing to do would be to just throw the doll away, but I just can't bring myself to do it. The first doll I ever bought was an original Zena Fulsom with the biggest breasts. The dolls I have now are the later versions with the smaller, Zero-G breasts, but they still hold fond memories for me. Should I unwrap the sealed Zena, blow her up and check for leaks? Is the unwrapped Zena worth bothering with? At this point, it's less about making money as it is finding a proper home for my top-heavy girl.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi Inflator_Mouse
Welcome to TDF. You say you have an unwrapped display doll, what condition is she in :?: That might be a guide to the condition of the other doll. I would think that the still wrapped doll would be in as good, if not better condition than the unwrapped doll. Take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

yorktown
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by yorktown »

8) Howdy

Great question - "Inflator Mouse" - :idea:

As esteemed member " Vickylover" - pointed out above - the still sealed air babe should be fine

The main dangers to stored air babes are UV Light & moisture - once opened from the plastic seal and removed from the box the air babe should be stored at room temperature

Hope that helps "Inflator Mouse" :thumbs_up: oh and good luck on your sale too :angel:

Stay inflated

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

Inflator_Mouse wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:05 pm
Hi! I'm a new user
Hi Inflator_Mouse! Welcome To Vinyl Section!! :multi:

I'm concerned about it's condition, but I don't want to remove it from it's bag if it would reduce it's value to a collector.
I like the way you think!
You think like a Real Doll-Collector!! :D :thumbs_up:

In the early 2000's, I bought a number of Zena Fulsom dolls new in box from a particular auction site. A quarter of a century later, I have two left; one in the box and one unwrapped display model. They've been in storage since 2010, and I can't keep them any longer.
Well Done! :thumbs_up:
You have Real Treasure!!

Inflator_Mouse wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:05 pm I don't want to throw them away, but I don't want to sell them to someone and have them being disappointed.
Yeah, I understand.
Because of that kind of stuff, or maybe more similar situations,
probably Doll-Collectors take more then one Doll for colection..

Inflator_Mouse wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:05 pm Is there anyway to tell if the doll has survived the years without removing it from the bag, or should I unwrap it for a better look?
Of course I would like to see new pictures
of such a precious girl, but that is no reason why
I should dare to tell you to unpack the box...

It certainly has great value.
It has value when is packed in a box.
It has value even unpacked.
It has value when has been unpacked with damages....

:glou:

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

hopshing
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by hopshing »

Hey! Zena is one of my all time favorite dolls! I'd happily buy both of them from you, should they still be available! Please send me a private message! Thank you!

SexyEmma
Doll
Doll

Post by SexyEmma »

Just a little friendly reminder: having only made one post Inflator_Mouse can't send PM's yet and can't use the "Market" section either. Forum rules require that all sales go through the "Market" section, the mods take a very dim view of anyone trying to bypass the "Market" section. Like I said this is just some friendly advise, I have no authority here just don't want to see anyone get in trouble. Love Emma.
You reap what you sow, I always try to sow love and happiness :angel:
I also have a doll album

Inflator_Mouse
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Inflator_Mouse »

Sorry to take so long to reply, I will post pictures once I become a full user. Are we allowed to post links to image sites before then?

Inflator_Mouse
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Inflator_Mouse »

As far as selling the dolls, I would definitely go through the official procedure for selling them here, or post them to a site that can offer protections for the buyer if that isn't an option.

hopshing
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by hopshing »

Inflator_Mouse wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:15 pm As far as selling the dolls, I would definitely go through the official procedure for selling them here, or post them to a site that can offer protections for the buyer if that isn't an option.
Hooray! Very much looking forward to your sale!

Inflator_Mouse
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Inflator_Mouse »

Vickylover wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:19 am Hi Inflator_Mouse
Welcome to TDF. You say you have an unwrapped display doll, what condition is she in :?: That might be a guide to the condition of the other doll. I would think that the still wrapped doll would be in as good, if not better condition than the unwrapped doll. Take care Vickylover.
That's a very good idea. I'll get it out of it's storage box and inflate it to check it's condition. It may take a while to get pictures, since I don't have much free time right now. I've taken pictures of my wrapped Zena, and have added them to my DollAlbum. Sorry to take so long to reply, BTW.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

No problem, I'm retired but I can still remember when I was at work, not always a lot of time to yourself. Hope she's OK, take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Post by Dollfriend »

My guess is that even an unused vinyl Doll still in the wrapper/box after a decade would have a few air leaks just due to the time alone, mine are approaching this age and have been in their boxes most of this time and have sprouted a few air leaks in recent history, a simple vinyl repair kit that may or may not come with the doll can easily correct this.

hopshing
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by hopshing »

Inflator_Mouse wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 11:45 pm
Vickylover wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:19 am Hi Inflator_Mouse
That's a very good idea. I'll get it out of it's storage box and inflate it to check it's condition. It may take a while to get pictures, since I don't have much free time right now. I've taken pictures of my wrapped Zena, and have added them to my DollAlbum. Sorry to take so long to reply, BTW.
Thanks for the pictures! Never thought I'd find myself feeling nostalgic about a love doll box, but here we are...

INFORMATIONS