Starpery.com

Making a doll out of a mannequin?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Agony

Making a doll out of a mannequin?

Post by Agony »

When watching some mannequins in a window recently i was playing with the idea of modifying one and making it into a more "companion friendly" doll.

Just add some realistic eyes, some latex or silicone skin ontop, some silicon parts (like boobs and butt), add an insert for a fleshlight and then make the legs and arms moveable, maby even insert a metal skeleton into it.

Has anyone made or thought of making a doll like this? I would be surprised if i was the first one that suggested it... some of the dolls look really great (Example: http://www.ssc.se.com/skyltdockor/dam.php )

They are not expensive either (a few hundred US $) although modifying them could cost anything from a few bucks to an insane amount of money depending on what you want to do.

Ideas?

Bobay
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Bobay »

Agony,

This topic has come up many times over years, with links to many sites. I bet you can find a lot if you do a keyword search on the entire forum. Generally the down sides are brought up, like lack of softness, poor posability, etc.

One or two Japanese love doll makers have products with mannequin like features like removable legs, head, etc.

Many here, including me, find mannequins hot. I can't believe it would be horribly difficult for someone handy to modify a mannequin, in particular to add a vagina. I imagine boring out a circular whole in the groin area. Then placing a firm outer canister inside that is glued or otherwise affixed to the mannequin. Inside the canister goes a soft insert. Logical things to try would be modified off the shelf products like the FleshLite and the dozens of other related products that combine an insert with an outer canister.

One thing to look out for is whether the legs joints on a particular mannequin will permit the anatomically correct placement of the vagina. A complaint about one Japanes doll (one of the Candy Girls?) was that the vagina was placed higher up than the natural position for this very reason. I, for one, would like to see someone try a project like this and let us know how it works out.

jayo215
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by jayo215 »

The nice thing about a mannequin is that you could stand it up when not in use, dress it, and call it a piece of "art" for people who come over. That's always been a downside to dolls--what to do with them so they're not unintentionally found.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

Hi Agony,

A mannequin has an inert kind of detachment that is strangely appealing. Modifying one would certainly be a much cheaper option than buying a high end doll. Many of them are beautiful.

Some find it compelling, not to look at them when passing a store window because the attraction is intense and there is a fear that others might notice.

Did get caught once when the shops were shut and it was quiet, one morning, and I stared at what I thought was a mannequin and to my embarassed horror, it was a real woman posing, I suppose as some sort of experiment. Wow!
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

lovingchanj
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by lovingchanj »

Mannequins ARE hot! As I have said here before, they are a poor man's doll. If you think about all the different ways we enjoy our dolls, mannequins already can do a lot of the same things.

Companionship, attractiveness, dressing, photographing, kissing, hugging, - all quite enjoyable with a nice mannequin.

Hindsgaul, Rootstein, Greneker, Decter, Patina V, Pucci all very nice!

Even the new cheap chinese fiberglass mannequins are good for short money. $150 US gets you one of those!

As far as sex goes, that would take some doing, but then again, that's what DOLLS are for!

lovingchanj
The more I understand, the less I know.

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

I just love this one. And I'm not African-American. (But different strokes for different folks though.)

Bobay, I started off with mannequins! It took a curious search on Wikipedia about mannequins to find out about TDF and RealDolls and the like! If I didn't, I wouldn't known that a Website for doll lovers would ever exist, nor that there are people like me out there; and also, "love dolls" to me would remain the cheap inflatable vinyl things that I can get for US$ 30 or so on some online sex shop.

Lovingchanj, yes, mannequins ARE hot. I believe that they are also a poor man's doll myself. And roughly $150 US before shipping (which can be high, depending on which carrier they use), that's a good deal for something to start off with.

Raysmod, I know how it is to be caught staring at a mannequin. It happened to me when I was a teenager, when I was told to leave the store by a "loss prevention officer" just for looking at mannequins. But I digress. The security guard of that store had "insider customers" not employed in any way by the company, but was his unofficial informants to tell him if a teenager, whether male or female was in the store, even if s/he was "just looking," and be prompted to get out of the store until s/he turned 18, and your parents had to come with you otherwise if you are going to shop there again, and to also discuss your "punishment." Word got back to the regional HQ (and this was Sears) because of a new manager got hired that hated the loss prevention officer's guts. So, after the new manager found out his actions (insider customers, kicking legitimate customers out until a certain age, etc etc), he got fired and was told to never work a security position again and would put it on his report and will tell each potential employer about that stupid shit that he pulled. But then, you've one-upped me about your embarrassment finding out that it was a RG instead.

Jayo, that's the good thing about having a mannequin. Since you don't need a fancy setup to stand up a mannequin. And yes, they're definite works of art.

And to the person who stated that it's not difficult to modify a mannequin to be functional, and I would have to agree. You possibly can get the cylinder or the parts to make one from a hardware store. Fleshlight? TDF toystore.

/dev/mycents3
CasperGhostboy, Daphne and Tiffany

My Doll-Friends: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=10382

The best part of waking up, is Ubuntu in your cup!

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

CasperGhostboy,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. My embassment was only momentary. LOL. until I got out of sight. You got an early insight into some people's hyprocrisy. Though you triumphed in the end.

I seem to remember seeing manequins or as they were called store dummies "Naked" in the windows. This was between times when they weren't featured with the latest fashions on sale. People didn't regard them as sexual entities back then so no one worried much.

However that's going back to the Sixties and Seventies. They probably are more realistic now. That vacancy, blankness is kind of magnetic. Maybe the attraction is because of something of this state, within ourselves. I don't know? Manequins are very easy to identify with I find.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

muffy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by muffy »

Mannequins there Pretty cool 8) And Hot :wink:

technoguy
Ex-Member

Post by technoguy »

The big problem with using a mannequin for a sex toy is the legs which, generally, are not posable near the hips. However, it might be possible to modify a mannequin so that one could temporarily remove its legs near the hips and convert it into a torso doll. The vaginal insert could then be in the correct location. When one was finished with the doll, its legs would be reattached and it could be stood up in the corner again.

I tend to see a realistic mannequin as a source of VISUAL stimulation. For example, I could be screwing my realistic high-end silicone doll on the bed and then place several nude mannequins around the bed.

Maybe I would fantasize that I had my own harenm of nude women and each was waiting her turn in bed with me.! That would definitely heighten my experience with the one doll I could penetrate!

The nice thing about a manneuin is that it is very light and easily moved around. After one is finished enjoying it, it can be quickly hidden away in the nearest closet and no one need be the wiser....

technoguy

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

raysmod wrote:CasperGhostboy,

Thanks for the acknowledgement. My embassment was only momentary. LOL. until I got out of sight. You got an early insight into some people's hyprocrisy. Though you triumphed in the end.
Problem is, I had to deal with it most of my life. To a "closed-minded mental-health agency," what is not their perception of "normal"--e.g., finding a suitable partner of the opposite gender and marrying him/her; not buying a mannequin/love doll and "settling down" with her and shutting off contact of females in the "dating game"--is seen as "delusional" whether you believe your doll is real in the realest sense possible or not. I was called that because I gave every doll and mannequin a full name. Vanessa Marie Faxanadu. Jennifer Diane Tilbrook. Alexandra Tiffany Tilbrook. And finally, Daphne Catherine Holland. The last one is my Candy18 that I just so happen to love and IMHO, is the best doll that I had ever happened to own.
raysmod wrote:I seem to remember seeing manequins or as they were called store dummies "Naked" in the windows. This was between times when they weren't featured with the latest fashions on sale. People didn't regard them as sexual entities back then so no one worried much.

However that's going back to the Sixties and Seventies. They probably are more realistic now. That vacancy, blankness is kind of magnetic. Maybe the attraction is because of something of this state, within ourselves. I don't know? Manequins are very easy to identify with I find.
Those gave me painful hard-ons whenever I saw one like that! :D Of course, they are much more realistic now. The blank expression of ANY doll or mannequin can send some people firing off fireworks inside. And add some degree of nudeness in there and you'll be sending off Roman Candles and blockbusters!

Even though that I was born in 1977, so my interest in mannequins then lifesize love dolls later on really didn't start until 1985, or when Small Wonder aired its first episode. I was eight at that time. Of course, in such a big city like Virginia Beach, it shouldn't be a big deal, right? Not if you're a client of a community mental health agency. Anything you utter to a doctor or therapist in a community mental health agency is NOT a secret between you and him or her, even though that it seems like it's implied when you come to an appointment with them. Patient confidentiality, right? It's only between OTHER CLIENTS OF THE AGENCY, and the public; not any worker within same agency. They have an obligation to DOCUMENT IT and any worker that comes into contact with your case has every right to see and glean what they can interpret in your "treatment" and maybe use it against you. And I remember one time when I was in the office for an appointment, one worker pointed to me and said "Look at that guy. He's disgusting, he loves mannequins instead," and then the rest of the office staff starting laughing their asses off. And the Novell NetWare system that the City of Virginia Beach uses (it's outdated, Novell is now a Linux distributor, they sell SUSE now instead of NetWare, their old flagship product) really doesn't guarantee security because of their old permissions and the insecurity of Windows, so any Novell administrator within the ENTIRE CITY can read ALL documents stored on ANY COMPUTER within the vbgov.com network. (Really, www.vbgov.com is just the public Website for the City of Virginia Beach, the intranet for city employees is called Beach.Net, and no, looking at the WHOIS database, beach.net is not registered to the City of Virginia Beach, but to someone else.)

But anyway, I believe that in the sixties and seventies were mostly wonders dealing with computers and networks (Xerox PARC, BBN, [D]ARPA and the Arpanet; Steves Jobs and Wozniak and others), which led us to personal computing and our beloved Internet, without those people we wouldn't have TDF... but it was all about free love and sex, and drugs were king. You could get a dimebag (and it was a whole lot more than today's size, I heard) easily and anywhere and you had no fuzz on your tail. Oh, and source code was freely shared. I understand that those times no one thought of mannequins to be objects of sexual desire, and if you were possibly caught having sexual relations with one, you'd be put in an asylum the rest of your life... that is, until deinstitutionalization happened in the eighties.

But then, a lot of people still have the ethic that every man is supposed to be with one woman, and I know in those times there was this ethic called "22 skiddoo," what meant, if you were a man or a woman the age of 22, you HAVE to leave your parents' house and go out in the vast world out there and get married. But then more liberal ethics and Women's Lib happened in the late seventies and now you have single, never married women in their forties. (Seen Sex in the City? That HBO show was based on single thirty- and fortysomething women in NYC and happy about it. It's on reruns on TBS in the US, don't know what channel it's on in reruns in NZ.)

Speaking of New Zealand, have you ever heard of Flight of The Conchords (FoTC)? Website is http://www.conchords.co.nz/. They're from New Zealand. I had seen one show that they put on in a university theater in NYC on HBO's One Night Stand. I now have some of their songs. I like "Hiphopapotamus versus Rhymenocerous," "Business Time," "She's So Hot... BOOM!", "KISSING Part A," and "Humans are Dead." And now they have their own series on HBO Comedy. I like it when Rhys Darby has some old computer in his office. One time, it was an old 386 running Windows 3.1. Another was an old Macintosh 512Ke. And another still was a Commodore 64 with a 1541 disk drive.

/dev/takecare0

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

CasperGhostboy,

I don't know what to advice or if to. First, is learning who you can trust and who you cannot. It is going to take a long time for mental health workers to accept doll love. But there are many people who aren't closed off.

What you do and experience is your business and no one else's. In the future we might find that the men who embraced doll loving were pioneers in human sexuality. And the fact that there is such a successful forum is testament to this.

No self promotion here, but I run an erotic web site. Have to pick and choose who I tell and who not to tell. Some react very badly when I tell them. If they discover what I do and change their opinion about me based solely on this, then it is better that they are out of my life.

I have had problems in the distant past in mental health services here in NZ. Don't know your full situation. I broke of all contact with them but it was at the right time for me. Earlier I had done this and I crashed. So sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Guess, I'm getting away from talk about dolls. Yes it is great to call your dolls names. We name ships after people and dolls are much closer to being human than ships will ever be.

I haven't heard of "Flight of The Conchords"

Remember seeing a science fiction type theatre TV programme of a guy falling in love with a mannikin. This was early 1970 when I was in my Teens. So there was, even then an inkling of things to come.

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

Raysmod

I had learned after leaving the city mental health system about who to trust and who my friends REALLY were. And fast.

And yes, it does take trial and error to find out which practices and agencies aren't closed-minded. I had found one, but it's all the way in Norfolk. I'd rather travel an hour and a half on the bus to there instead of just walking down the street to see psych doctors and therapists that have an open mind and LISTEN to you, not spend ten minutes with you, hand you slips of paper with handwriting you cannot hardly read, and expected to take to your pharmacy right away and then go out to the waiting room with you, you leave while the doctor says, for example, "Daphne Holland, NEXT?" (I decided to use my doll's name instead of mine because I don't want people who might work for that agency that I'm bashing to find out that I'm a member here.)

Just to cut this ranting short, I have seen that many friendships there in their day support programs are "Frenemy" (part friend, part enemy) friendships (Learned that word on NBC's Today Show) and are artificial in every sense of the word. Studies show that "toxic [Frenemy] friendships" have many negative side effects, like the Frenemies make you angry/sad/moody about as the same as they make you happy. While true friendships (true in every sense) make you happy and don't judge you for who you are. And these day support personnel doesn't monitor the negative side effects of Frenemy relationships, they just try to pair you up with certain people and EXPECT you to become friends with them!

I have an open mind, so PM me the URL to the website that you host. I'd like to see it and I will NOT judge you any differently regardless of the outcome and my reaction on my end. I like erotic stuff, so this may be another site I may add to my repertoire. (Hey, I consider sites that sell mannequins and show pix of them nude "erotic sites," even though that's not their intent.) That is, if you would like to. I'm not forcing you to if you don't want to.

Like you, I had broke all contact with City-affiliated mental health agencies that are part of a "human services" organization that also cranks out Medicaid cards, welfare (known as TANF [Temporary Assistance for Needy Families], here in my state, but it's still welfare regardless) checks, food stamps and other "assistance programs" including subsidizing mental health, mental retardation (really cognitive or developmental disabilities) and substance abuse, that really shouldn't be my end-all be-all answer to my situation. And these were the same people who believed that I WASN'T autistic! After I been with Kat, she set me up with her same doctor, but not her same therapist because her therapist only sees females.

Haven't heard of FoTC? Damn. Well, here's a link to one of their songs on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbbxA8a_M_s Enjoy!

I saw "Mannequin" when I was in fourth grade, so that was an inkling for me to know that things were to come also.

Agony

Post by Agony »

casperghostboy wrote:finding a suitable partner of the opposite gender and marrying him/her; not buying a mannequin/love doll and "settling down" with her and shutting off contact of females in the "dating game"--is seen as "delusional" whether you believe your doll is real in the realest sense possible or not.

I rather be "delusional" (Doesnt that require that you are actually unaware of the problem?) than to give up my own dreams of living with the girl that i actually want to spend my life with. I know that my latex babe isnt real and given the girls that are available, i rather keep fucking her than some desperate mom with 37 kids made with 37 different guys, a low IQ, a smoking habit and an idiot ex that comes by every now and then that makes you wanna go Dexter on him.

Thanks but no thanks.

Maby these psychologists want us to live alone or settle for anything they consider ok untill one day when we realise that we havent truely got what we want and flip out and starts picking of civvies from a tower with a sniperrifle.

Anyway, we are getting a bit OT now.

casperghostboy
Ex-Member

Post by casperghostboy »

Agony wrote:
casperghostboy wrote:finding a suitable partner of the opposite gender and marrying him/her; not buying a mannequin/love doll and "settling down" with her and shutting off contact of females in the "dating game"--is seen as "delusional" whether you believe your doll is real in the realest sense possible or not.

I rather be "delusional" (Doesnt that require that you are actually unaware of the problem?) than to give up my own dreams of living with the girl that i actually want to spend my life with. I know that my latex babe isnt real and given the girls that are available, i rather keep fucking her than some desperate mom with 37 kids made with 37 different guys, a low IQ, a smoking habit and an idiot ex that comes by every now and then that makes you wanna go Dexter on him.

Thanks but no thanks.

Maby these psychologists want us to live alone or settle for anything they consider ok untill one day when we realise that we havent truely got what we want and flip out and starts picking of civvies from a tower with a sniperrifle.

Anyway, we are getting a bit OT now.
Sorry. When I start ranting, I don't seem to stop. OK, back on topic now.

Agony, I forgot to address you on this, but this seems to be my favorite from that site:

A very hot and sexy Nubian beauty, if I have to say so myself. Can she be bought Stateside?

BTW, I had seen a post here (I just cannot remember who did it or what forum subsection it's in) about a year ago about one member who spent a substantial sum just to modify a mannequin and some others rided him about how much he spent to get his mannequin modified and "should have" bought a high-end silicone doll instead. But that's why we got Forum Rule #3 (oops, should that subject be dropped?).

Regardless of what others say about the difficulty of modifying a mannequin for sexual function, and the difficulty of actually "doing it" with one; I say it wouldn't cost no more than $100 US in parts to modify a mannequin, not counting the actual cost of the mannequin, of course.

I'm saying these things that could be purchased for small change:

(All prices in US dollars.)
Inexpensive mannequin with wig, $150 to $300
3" (7.62 cm) diameter PVC pipe, cut to 7" (17.78 cm) length, $ 3 at the most
3" (7.62 cm) diameter PVC cap, $1.50 to $2 at the most
PVC cement (to fuse together cap and pipe), $5 to $7
Fleshlight or preferred insert from TDF toystore, $15 to $50

Total cost: $174.50 to $362. That's about the price of a used Candy18. Total cost of parts not including mannequin: $24.50 to $62. That's a small price to pay for something you want.

And I'm just stating the basics, if you want a doll to have sex with right away, then that's a good start. But, if you are a bit more handy, you can try molding the mannequin into another mold then pouring latex or silicone into it, but then that's a bit higher in cost. That's because you may have to mold each part separately.

I'd like to see someone try to make this, and I don't seem like I have the time to document every step, because it's all in my mind right now and it may not come out right in actual execution. And anyway, TDF thrives on creative minds coming up with something like this. Without this, we would cease to exist.

/dev/mycents3

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

lovingchanj wrote: Hindsgaul, Rootstein, Greneker, Decter, Patina V, Pucci all very nice!
I had no idea you were a connoisseur of mannequins, lovingchanj. :D

I like this one:

I'm not so sure I would care to modify them for sex, even if I didn't have a doll, but for having a feminine "presence" in the room... hell yeah!

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

INFORMATIONS