Starpery.com

M16 Snap Connector

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
n3o7

M16 Snap Connector

Post by n3o7 »

Hi all,

Shown below is a M16 snap connector, I have this screwed on my doll. Any of you know how to take this off? if yes, what tool do I need?

connector.jpg
connector.jpg (22.94 KiB) Viewed 712 times
m10 to m16 connector.png
m10 to m16 connector.png (140.5 KiB) Viewed 709 times

There are 3 holes on the tube though, maybe I could slip in something to force rotate it?

It's full cylinder with M10 thread on the inside. There are no edges, so I can't use my wrench to take it off.

Thank you for the help

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: M16 Snap Connector

Post by seagull »

Vise grips, big pair of pliers, monkey wrench or even C spanners, also known as adjustable hook spanners (or wrench) or hook & pin wrenches
From destructive to not so destructive :)
There is a Bottle lid remover for glass jars, no idea what it's called, essentially a wooden handle with a leather strap on the end

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Spot on with the C spanner, based on the images of the connector. Something into the pin holes and then rotate.
The part looks nicely machined, but for assembly I'm sure they did not create special tooling.

One option would be to get some 10mm rod, grind a flat on the top endge and drill a hole in the rod at the flats. Insert a rod in the drilled hole of the M10 rod.
Then thread in the M10 rod to the connector, securing it with either JB weld or locktight. Once cured you can twist off the connector using the rod you inserted into the threaded M10 rod.
When out of the doll heat the connector to break down the material securing the M10 rod to the connector and remove the M10 rod. Clean up the threads on the M10 "rod-spanner" for possible later use.
Not too tough if you have the tooling or can get a friend to do it. Toughest part will probably be drilling the M10 rod.

Best bet would be to start simple with a C spanner or pin wrench.

What exact make doll is this one for? Plus what does the head connector look like?

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

I think C spanner is the one, I'll buy and try it, fingers crossed.

Thanks all.

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

Wheezer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:33 am

What exact make doll is this one for? Plus what does the head connector look like?

Cheers!
... W ...
The doll is irontech with M16 female, this connector is an adapter for the AI head.

I'm having trouble switching the head from the AI head to other M16 head because I couldn't take out this adapter.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

n3o7 wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:14 am
Wheezer wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:33 am

Cheers!
... W ...
The doll is irontech with M16 female, this connector is an adapter for the AI head.

I'm having trouble switching the head from the AI head to other M16 head because I couldn't take out this adapter.
From the images it looks like the adapter has two holes (depressions?) on the sides. One on the wider lower ring and one on the opposite side of upper body which is threaded M10 internally.

If the hole in the upper part is deep enough, you may be able to insert a rod into that. Perhaps screw it in, for I can not see if it is threaded. Either way if you can get a rod into that hole you might be able to make a mini "breaker bar" to give you enough leverage to twist off the connector from the body. If you do that go with stainless or similar material to make sure the bar does not bend. :)

Before you get too involved with removal, I would STRONGLY suggest that you contact Irontech or the vendor that sold you the doll and ask about how to remove connector. The custom machined connector and unique AI head is not a "normal" doll head combination. Thus they may have permanently attached the connector to the body.

An enlargement of your image (see below) makes me think they might have done that. The discoloration marks at the body/connector interface and the grinding artifacts on the connector make me wonder a bit. If they are small spot welds, then careful use of a dremel abrasive disk MIGHT resolve it.

So maybe look a bit closer at the connector/body interface and also see what the OEM says before you beat on your doll too much.

Just a though.
Cheers!
... W ...
IronTech AI Adapter(2).jpg
IronTech AI Adapter(2).jpg (105.16 KiB) Viewed 619 times
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Good eyes there Wheezer :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

It actually looks like this below when I got her, I received the adapter above so I could put the AI head on the body with the M16 female.

m16-doll.jpg
m16-doll.jpg (12.52 KiB) Viewed 554 times

I didn't weld the adapter to the body, but the adapter doesn't have edges so my regular wrench doesn't work.

I couldn't switch to other regular heads with M16 connector for now so I'm pretty much stuck to the same head (AI head) until I could take this adapter off.

I'll try the C span wrench first, if it doesn't work, then I will slip a steel rod through the holes (the holes are aligned) and try to unscrew it that way.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Well if YOU inserted it, then YOU can remove it !! All you need is some thinking and patience. :)
Your best bet is probably the rod through the hole and twist it off.

Regardless of the price they charge for the doll, they are manufactured to use as many off the shelf and common components as possible.
Plus those doing the assembly are usually not highly trained aerospace engineers. :)
So in most cases if you step back and consider what would be a simple assembly procedure, then you are half way to the solution.

Just a thought.
Cheers!
... W ...

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

Wheezer wrote: Wed May 24, 2023 8:29 pm Well if YOU inserted it, then YOU can remove it !! All you need is some thinking and patience. :)
Your best bet is probably the rod through the hole and twist it off.

Regardless of the price they charge for the doll, they are manufactured to use as many off the shelf and common components as possible.
Plus those doing the assembly are usually not highly trained aerospace engineers. :)
So in most cases if you step back and consider what would be a simple assembly procedure, then you are half way to the solution.

Just a thought.
Cheers!
... W ...
Got it, thank you soooo much for the suggestion, it really helps and calms my mind.

This is the best community ever, thanks to people like you guys :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

n3o7

Post by n3o7 »

You guys were so right, C spanner wrench was the answer.
adapter-off-with-C-span-wrench.jpg
adapter-off-with-C-span-wrench.jpg (51.89 KiB) Viewed 522 times

You guys are awesome, thanks again.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Coeros
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Coeros »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
A one-stop shop improving the customer experience by offering a complete range of sex doll accessories.

Our website: https://www.coeros.com/

E-mail: service@coeros.com

Follow Coeros On: Youtube| Twitter | Reddit | Instagram

You can find related products on the official website, and related tutorials can be found in YouTube and TDF.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Coeros. Three thumbs?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Two thumbs from my hands - right and left.
Two thumbs from my feet - both big toes
One thumb from my willie - It's real could now. :)

Cheers!
...W ...

INFORMATIONS