Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

A few questions about Classic Real Dolls

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

A few questions about Classic Real Dolls

Post by jellynuts13 »

Hey guys,

I just wondering if anyone's bought a Classic Real Doll in the last couple of years.

If so how do you like it compared the newer models?

Also, do they come with a built in, or removable insert?

How long did it take for you to get it?

I asked Abyss some of these questions with an email I sent, but we all know what they're like with replying to emails. I thought I would get a quicker answer here.

I hope you're all having a good week. :glou:

mitchrd

Re: A few questions about Classic Real Dolls

Post by mitchrd »

They are fixed so no inserts also the q is slow for all dolls 8-14 months.(members opinion) I'm 8 in and still two plus out from being poured still. Google realdoll reviews and was a site that compared the two also the search bar here has a few.
Last edited by TJ_Foxx on Wed May 03, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 10

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 12:12 am They are fixed so no inserts also the q is slow for all dolls 8-14 months. I'm 8 in and still two plus out from being poured still. Google realdoll reviews and was a site that compared the two also the search bar here has a few.
Ah excellent, I thought they might've had the fixed inserts judging by the pictures on the website. I'll have a look around on Google and the forum like you said.

Wowsers! 8-14 months!? That's a bit different from the advertised 6-8 months they have on the website. That means that with the one I already have ordered, I might not get until September, which is not cool. I thought it would be a bit better getting a Classic Real Doll as far as lead times are concerned since they're sold as is without any customizations.

I've sent about three emails to them so far, the first one was sent 9 days ago, the second 4 days ago and the other I sent just today. I'll just have to keep persisting with them. The squeaky wheel gets the oil as they say haha.

Cheers for the input, mate. Hopefully neither of us have to wait too much longer.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Yeah the 6-8 months as the website says is not close to my experience. . Best of luck honestly if your not getting the rd2 I would just get a China made brand or a tpe girl. The queue is the queue its how many orders they have in front of yours I didn't make any changes to mine getting the 1k off the stephanie 1.0 I'm around 50 ish now and been 8 months ordered last sep 2nd.
Last edited by TJ_Foxx on Wed May 03, 2023 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Rule 10.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:43 am Yeah the 6-8 months as the website says is not even close to my experience. Best of luck honestly if your not getting the rd2 I would just get a China made brand or a tpe girl. The queue is the queue its how many orders they have in front of yours I didn't make any changes to mine getting the 1k off the stephanie 1.0 I'm around 50 ish now and been 8 months ordered last sep 2nd.
I suppose saying 6-8 months sounds better than 14 months when it comes to marketing. :lol: (member's opinion)

I'm still getting the RD2. I've been waiting too long already to back out now. It's been 9 months for me so far...

I figured if I wanted to get a second Real Doll down the track, I'd go for the Classic because it's cheaper and I was under the impression it would be a quicker turn around. Maybe by the time I get around to ordering one, Abyss might be running at full capacity again.

In the emails I sent them I was specifically asking them where I am in the queue. That should help give me a bit of a gauge of how long I have left to wait. It seems you ordered yours nearly a month after me. So, if you're 50sih I might be 40sih maybe.

For me, the waiting around isn't so bad if I know what's going on even if we have to work it out with minimal input from Abyss haha.
Last edited by TJ_Foxx on Wed May 03, 2023 4:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Rule 10 quoted post

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Oh got ya. I know once I get the Rd2 f body I wouldn't want/need the classic Rd2 is much improved going backward would be difficult but to each there own. But dont a classic skipping the queue thats not how it works. What RD2 did you order ?

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 6:06 am Oh got ya. I know once I get the Rd2 f body I wouldn't want/need the classic Rd2 is much improved going backward would be difficult but to each there own. But dont a classic skipping the queue thats not how it works. What RD2 did you order ?
I got the body H with the Nova face. I went really light on the makeup as I was trying to go for the more natural look. I also got the permanent vagina instead of the removable because I wanted to go for more realism. I also made sure to get her with pubic hair as well.

Yeah I know what you mean about the Classic RD and going backward. The classics don't have the gel breasts or duracast hands and feet. However, I reckon they would still be probably be a decent doll and a good option for those who want to save bit of money.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

This week I watched the documentary "Guys and Dolls" from 2002. Incredible how they had a quality back then still top today.

I mention a few things, seemless neck from sides cause the face is removable diagonal as half the head, not the full head.

Mouth is half open with teeth and tongue, amazing!

And still they struggle making clients wait 14 months at heft prices? dont understand.

They seem to not haven't entered the industrial revolution of Henry Ford learning to do scale production.
Last edited by TJ_Foxx on Wed May 03, 2023 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed unsubstantiated claim per Rule 10
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

They are hand made custom dolls is different than other manufacturer style items. Plus covid supply issues and let alone the move to a new location on top of losing a bunch of staff I'm sure they will bring in mire talented artists and workers and get back on track but doesn't happen overnight. But yes its a long wait none the less but that says a lot about the quality to me.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

Luiskjr wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 9:35 am This week I watched the documentary "Guys and Dolls" from 2002. Incredible how they had a quality back then still top today.

I mention a few things, seemless neck from sides cause the face is removable diagonal as half the head, not the full head.

Mouth is half open with teeth and tongue, amazing!

And still they struggle making clients wait 14 months at heft prices? dont understand.

They seem to not haven't entered the industrial revolution of Henry Ford learning to do scale production.
Haha, that's nuts I watched that documentary too the other night. It broke my heart seeing how poorly the last guy in that doco was treating his dolls. He had them under mattresses and just laying around in boxes. Disgusting! Then you had Davecat who treated his doll like a real lady, what a legend. :)

I can't really weigh in on the difference between their dolls back then, and now as I've never seen one in person. But I do get what you mean.

If nothing else the long wait shows they're at least getting lots of orders and aren't going out of business anytime soon which can only be good for everyone.
mitchrd wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 3:31 pm They are hand made custom dolls is different than other manufacturer style items. Plus covid supply issues and let alone the move to a new location on top of losing a bunch of staff I'm sure they will bring in mire talented artists and workers and get back on track but doesn't happen overnight. But yes its a long wait none the less but that says a lot about the quality to me.
That's exactly right that they're custom made which means each doll is going to be pretty unique. It's probably one of the biggest appeals about Real Dolls I think. The fact they're still in business and always permanently backlogged shows they're doing something right.

However, I think with the length of time they're making us wait, we're going to be a lot less forgiving of any stuff ups or problems with the doll. At least that's my way of looking at it. If there taking this long then there's really no excuse for any oversights no matter how under the pump they may be.

INFORMATIONS