sexyrealsexdolls.com

Can anyone help me save my doll? She's in rough shape after being in storage for years.

Mods, Repairs & Maintenance related specifically to not specifically listed TPE or TPR Dolls
Adam492
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Can anyone help me save my doll? She's in rough shape after being in storage for years.

Post by Adam492 »

Her name is Ellie, she's been in temperature controlled storage for five years, for a while my living situation didn't allow for a doll. When I put her in her hand was already broken, two fingers had broken and poked through the TPE.

Well, over the years it got worse. I'd check on her a few times a year and it's like her arm was melting. It worked it's way up her arm and is in the state you see it in today. Her arm is gooey, it gets firm again at the armpit, and the rest of her body is solid.

Can her arm be recast or do I have to amputate?

Also, what are those spots on her clothes and skin? Mold?

I'll clean her up once I can move her easier.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
It's like something from a horror movie.
It's like something from a horror movie.
20230430_190827.jpg (1.46 MiB) Viewed 1014 times
20230427_152544.jpg
20230427_152544.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 1014 times
Men own model cars, why shouldn't we have model women? I have a scaled down model of a Packard, why is it weird for me to own a slightly scaled down model of a big breasted redhead?

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Can anyone help me save my doll? She's in rough shape after being in storage for years.

Post by seagull »

Recasting an entire limb hasn't been done as far as I know
Amputate the arm from where the material still looks perfect
You may be fortunate to find a similar arm from a disused doll being sold on the forum to replace it :thumbs_up:

Adam492
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: Can anyone help me save my doll? She's in rough shape after being in storage for years.

Post by Adam492 »

How do I stop this from continuing on to her body? I'm afraid that will start to melt away next. I find it inexplicable how two small tears in her fingers slowly caused a whole arm to melt, she wasn't near any heat source. And it was slowly, over the years it was half her arm, now it's the whole arm. I was unable to repair her, my living situation was less than ideal over the past five years. I'm ashamed I let her get like this.
Men own model cars, why shouldn't we have model women? I have a scaled down model of a Packard, why is it weird for me to own a slightly scaled down model of a big breasted redhead?

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there and sorry to see you have had this happen. It's my experience that when any of the copper used for finger wires comes into contact with the tpe it can cause this kind of reaction over time. It can occur when finger wires snap and then loose the surrounding string that separates the wires from the tpe. I took in a doll for repair a few years back and in the end had to remove her hands and make a pair of replacements using wooden articulated hands. From my experience if you cut back to good tpe then it should stop spreading but as you also suspect that the body has mold it may be better to get a new bod for the head as the damage is pretty severe and once mold has become established it's very difficult if not impossible to remove unless you cut it out.

Taeyeon
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Taeyeon »

Hello Adam492,

I am sorry Ellie is injured and is not feeling well >.<
It is so sad and injury looks scary ;_;
I have also seen other pictures of TPE material melting after years.
Maybe it can happen to rest of body soon too.
Is head of Ellie ok? Maybe you can find new body to replace, but keep head of Ellie.

TaeYeon
(。ᵔᵔ。) SooYoung's pages (DS/Ex-lite/Sino T158) and album

사랑은 그저 사랑이다. 절대 설명 될 수 없다.
Love is just love. It can never be explained.

nikuana

Post by nikuana »

*update*
I just realized there's a much better solution for this.

it is best to get a clotrimazole-containing agent (as a concentrated solution and powder containing clotrimazole)

mix the solution into the oil (shake always before using)

In my opinion, you should still apply 6%(should be enough, safe in use)-10%(handle carefully) h2o2 over it,
> and IMPORTANT, let the material dry out at least halfway, since the material absorbs water and oil like a sponge (swelling and less reactive) oil and water also do not combine

(h2o2 reacts significantly faster under heat and sunlight ((after exposure to the sun)), warmer material (tpe) reacts and diffuses faster and as it happens, water from the h2o2 evaporates.

Absorbent paper is also a good option ((keep it dry, otherwise it will retain the moisture, ventilate and change in between))

*HYDROGEN PEROXIDE (h2o2) (oxidizes to pure water and air, it's nontoxic, but not harmless at all*) oh and it's bleaching! (also useful for stains)
here it costs enormous sums in the pharmacies (like 300x-500x more expensive) ,- better get h2o2 in liters to mix it down on e Bay or other platforms.
if it foams, you can see how it works, that's normal.
(Wear gloves and safety goggles at higher concentrations. From ~5% skin contact quickly leads to less harming chemical burns, which hurt a bit but quickly subside ((wash off with cold water as you notice white spots on skin)) / alternatively, avoid skin contact and don't splash around :P. 10% is allready "pretty hard" but not that badass. in concentrations above ~30% it becomes really dangerous and needs serious precautions. Always store in a dark place and in a pressure-proof container
and lastly, be careful not to mix with vinegar!)
that should be enough but it's always a good idea to read the warnings (see web, container-label) more on web.

clotrimazole - Imidazol-Derivat
The antifungal spectrum of clotrimazole is broad and includes dermatophytes, yeasts (sprouting fungi), moldsand dimorphic fungi. In addition to its antifungal effect, clotrimazole also inhibits the proliferation of gram-positive (streptococci/staphylococci/Gardnerella vaginalis) and gram-negative (Bacteroides) microorganisms.

*original*
where was my whoa! creepy!

it clearly looks like mold, which would indicate high humidity

did you use any fluids on that part which you didn't on the intact area? or wrapped it in something? any chemicals (glues or cleaning utils?)
a copper-based reaction like this sound strange to me. i don't know if this could be.

I advise you to think this through carefully.
should you still want to try it anyway

I suggest that you make sure it's clean again, even if it breaks in the process

i would probably do this:
(wear a mask and or enough fresh air)
1. cut and throw away that mud, also those clothes (or boil them, h2o2 whould do it's magic as well)
2. use h2o2 (10% should be fine) wash it, wait and put it in a stable bag / container (don't seal it) and make sure it's enough h2o2, let it absorb
3. check the result and if it looks okay lay it in something like NaHCO3 sodium bicarbonat (it's cheap and works fine - Siliciumdioxid SiO3 would be better) to suck out the moisture. wait
4. as it dried well (it shouldn't have any moldlike smell, as it's clean) lay it in babyoil. let it adsorb.
5. put it in paper, let all that bad memories diffund and repeat step 4.
now check everything and make sure it's clean (also no organic smells) and watch it over time (you could also test it as you'd "incubate" ((get optimized conditions for mold to growth)), which doesn't, if it's clean)
6. let us know :)

good luck if you try so

sorry for my bad english skills.

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Adam492 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:27 pm Her name is Ellie, she's been in temperature controlled storage for five years, for a while my living situation didn't allow for a doll. When I put her in her hand was already broken, two fingers had broken and poked through the TPE.

Well, over the years it got worse. I'd check on her a few times a year and it's like her arm was melting. It worked it's way up her arm and is in the state you see it in today. Her arm is gooey, it gets firm again at the armpit, and the rest of her body is solid.

Can her arm be recast or do I have to amputate?

Also, what are those spots on her clothes and skin? Mold?

I'll clean her up once I can move her easier.

Thanks in advance.
I wish I could be positive about her, but it does not look good.

You do need to remove the bad TPE before it "infects" the rest and it turns into a gooey mess. Removal of the bad TPE and areas near it are prudent.
I would NOT amputate the actual metal arm parts except as a last resort. Remove the bad TPE and thoroughly clean the metal.
Having an attached and working arm structure can assist you in later repair steps. You can always cut off, adding back isn't so easy. :)

Worse yet are the spots on the doll and clothes, they look like mold. Plus due to the time frame and the fact that appears on the doll and clothes, it is probably deep seated.
Before doing the arm I would clean the doll completely, then do an oil and scrape type cleaning. You need to determine if it mold and also how deep. If the mold is bad then fixing the arm is pointless. Also check her internal openings to see of they are OK. Again fixing up a sex doll to look good, but you can't use for sex might not be a great use of time. :(

But if her body is solid (no mold) and her lady bits are still OK then getting the bad arm TPE off and mold cleaned up might be all you need.
Realistically I can't see success with grafting on a complete new arm to make her look new again, but anything is possible. :)
However you COULD remove her arm TPE and replace it with something that looks close.

Some folks here have done great work with grafting on robot (cyborg) looking ones and even "close" to real looking arms.
She might need to wear long sleeves, or you could consider some of the tattoo sleeves to lighten up the visual impact of her new arm.
Another option is to get a complete hand and graft that on so it looks good, and then a general shape for the rest of the arm, utilizing the existing arms skeleton.

You could also get a similar sized doll and retain her head and outfits (once you clean them thoroughly).
Otherwise if you have a deep personal attachment, then fix her.
But a newer doll would be the best option.
And a newer doll would have improvement over the old one (hands, body, breasts, skeleton, TPE blend, etc.)

Good luck.
Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

I've had that happen too! Didn't know it was the copper... fortunately I had a spare set to replace them with.
Attachments
20230928_174822.jpg
20230928_174822.jpg (74.37 KiB) Viewed 612 times
IMG_20230814_204511_01.jpg
IMG_20230814_204511_01.jpg (78.5 KiB) Viewed 612 times
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

michael7777
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by michael7777 »

dump it, and buy new one

Sofia dolll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Sofia dolll »

Trash. Completely rusted and rotted from the inside

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

To make it simple for the OP, all you need to do is answer a simple question.

Do you like fixing or fucking your TPE sex doll ?
- If it is fixing, then clean, repair and rebuild.
- If it is fucking, then dump her and get a new one.

Once you answer that question, the rest is clear.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Reminds me of when I was in the tire business. Guy comes in with a flat tire. He had driven on it for several miles and by the time he got to the shop there wasn't much left of it . Told him it was beyond repair and that he needed a new tire. Guy throws a fit, insisting the shredded tire can be fixed. Finally I told him, okay I'll fix it but it's going to be expensive. He agreed and I slapped a new tire on his car, listing the cost as a flat repair on his bill. The customer is always right. :mrgreen:

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Did not see that coming :haha4:

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Perfect solution.
... W ...

INFORMATIONS