Post by Tbuilder »

Ok, first time posting a pic lets see if it works

Edited post for before and after shots.

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

Don't laugh at the nose Im still working on it. LOL
Becky is an attempt to make a doll that is "upgradeable" meaning she can be disassembled and modified without major reconstruction or damage. It's just an experiment at this point and I thought I'd see if you all had an opinion?
As is, I can change her jaw line, eyes, cheeks, color, forehead, and the shape of her lips . The only thing Im stuck with (for now) is her damn nose.

Keithallen
Ex-Member

Post by Keithallen »

Not bad Tbuilder. Keep experimenting, and I'm sure you will come up with a better nose :D

NamRepaid
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by NamRepaid »

She has a kinda cro-magnin look that could go hot or ugh with the next look. Cave girl selling car insurance? Post some more, larger pics & more info on the project.
Looks like fun.

Nam

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

yeah not to bad the nose is a little pug nosed but you have a good start i think !! keep letting us know of your progress with pics and info . :D

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

Well I love the work of Lisa Lichtenfels sculptures. If you haven't seen her website, check it out http://lisalichtenfels.net/. She creates with nylon stocking and batting etc, creating a sculpture from the inside out. Obviously, nylon skin isn't going to work for what Im trying to get to, so I came up with a form of silicone that is very stretchy and highly tear resistant. That part was pretty easy really. LOL. The hard part is sculpting the few facial traits that aren't formed by the underskull, the nose and lips. Sooo Becky has a goofy ass nose right now, but she is getting a re-cast very soon.
The skin can be stitched without pulling through the silicone so changing shapes and weaving animatronic features into the face is pretty straight-forward.
I figured if I could get the face to work out right, that a full body could be made using this technique. Then if a part were damaged or an upgrade became available, surgery could be done using a needle and thread, kinda like the girl from "Nightmare before Christmas" ,uh, but not as creepy.

Doll_Luvr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Doll_Luvr »

Tbuilder wrote:Well I love the work of Lisa Lichtenfels sculptures. If you haven't seen her website, check it out http://lisalichtenfels.net/.
Holy crap! 8O

Her stuff is amazing! Thanks for that link.

As far as Becky goes, I don't think it's just the nose... her forehead is short (maybe raise the wig?), and her jaw looks rather square and big. Nothing wrong with that, if that's the look you're going for. My first impression was that she would make a good female dwarf character. And I don't mean that in a bad way, it's just one interpretation.

Sounds like you've come up with a unique way of working with silicone. Please do keep us informed of your progress.

~DL
If you can see yourself in the doll's happiness, you feel certain you can manage another day. ~ Doll maker Gentaro Araki

[url=http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10562]Saya's Albums[/url]

Crazyhorse

Post by Crazyhorse »

Doll Luvr wrote:
Tbuilder wrote:Well I love the work of Lisa Lichtenfels sculptures. If you haven't seen her website, check it out http://lisalichtenfels.net/.
Holy crap! 8O

Her stuff is amazing! Thanks for that link.
Yeah she's pretty incredible, there was some discussion of her work in another thread not long ago. Somehow I missed the pic dollluvr posted tho, thats a great one. I'm going to have to go look at the site again now too see if there's more I've got a little bit of a fairy fetish. :D

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

Becky's getting a make-over.
These photos are going to give ya an idea on how the face is being created, very little "sculpting" goes into the skin, everything is done from the skull and muscle tissue. She has no eyes yet or really any sockets, I'm still thinking on how to handle that (I want her to blink realistically)
So really all you've got here is a skin with lips and nose stretched over a halloween skull.

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

Nose is better :D

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

She's taking shape. Its like an artist who draws a portrait, The more they do this the better they get. Ideally there is no separation between the sculpter and their creation. They are one, so to speak. Thats quality!
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

LabRat

Post by LabRat »

I hate drawing noses. It's probably the most annoying part of the face for me to portrait. Eyes, no problem. Lips can be difficult, but I enjoy drawing mouths. Noses should be easy, but I'm never happy with the results.

But an artist is never truely satisfied with their own completed works... They can always see what they perceive as "flaws"...

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Tbuilder »

Image<br>

I took a page from Perry's book and stuck some paper eyes on Becky before I go and cut the silicone. This stuff can be cut and the cut won't propogate but I can only cut the eyes in once. :D

Any thoughts or ideas on different eye sizes or shapes? You guys are a big help figuring out what this is going to end up looking like.

Tbuilder
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

a monalisa smile

Post by Tbuilder »

Caught this pic of Becky smiling (must have been her cousin Jab R. Jaw tellin' a dirty joke.

Im pretty happy with the way her face is turning out, she can smile and her mouth opens no eye blinks yet but Im still thinking on it.

The body is next I've got a few extra skeletons around the house to experiment with. I need to order some more silicone and I haven't figured out which grade to order. But it will happen pretty soon. In the meantime I'll be busy adding muscle and fat tissue to a skeleton to see what I've got to work with.

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

your doll

Post by timetraveler1 »

is this a doll your fixing for yourself ?? or a prototype for a doll that your going to mass produce ?? if so are you going to have the skeletons and fat tissue inside all of them . ??

INFORMATIONS