betterlovedoll.com

It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: It’s 2023, where are the sex robots?

Post by nicvncnt »

Your sex robot will be delivered any day now by flying car, or maybe by personal jetpack. The lunar manufacturing plant where she will be built has an excellent reputation but if you're not happy with her you can shoot the delivery robot with your death-ray.

Swedish Meatball

Post by Swedish Meatball »

FastEddie68 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:24 am The thrusting bodies and sucking features will no doubt be far more improved within 5 years which is when I hit 60yrs old …
LOL, I’ll be 65. Us old dudes will be living the dream! :lol:
Either that or we'll have the sexiest nursemaids ever. Either way, it's a win! 8)

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

nicvncnt wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 5:38 am Your sex robot will be delivered any day now by flying car, or maybe by personal jetpack. The lunar manufacturing plant where she will be built has an excellent reputation but if you're not happy with her you can shoot the delivery robot with your death-ray.
bah. I slipped into the wrong time-line during the middle of the night, I think, much like my Aranxira... She's not supposed to be here either! :?
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

macboy2
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by macboy2 »

Back in my rc hobby days there was this tube and rod pushrod setup I hadn’t seen before. It used a flexible nylon rod is a sleeve instead of the traditional wire and sleeve setup. Very smooth, flexible and super lightweight. I’m now envisioning your project like the movies where there a central access panel you open up where all the life-giving stuff happens.

Major props to this project. I’m really enjoying following along.

Rollo62

Post by Rollo62 »

Rock13 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:08 am We're not going to see anything like a genuine sex robot until someone invents a soft, pliable, durable material that can withstand the rigors of realistic movement. Neither TPE nor silicone can handle a lot of poses that would be normal for a human model. In the current state of the art, it wouldn't be very long before the robot's flesh started splitting and disintegrating simply from moving around and I'm guessing that the elbows, knees, shoulders, and crotch area would be among the first to go.
I think you are right as far as the material is concerned, it wouldn't last long. The wear and tear caused by a motorized skeleton would be much higher than with today's passive dolls. So the "service paradigms" of the doll industry would have to change, not necessarily the material. In a full autonomous robot the skeleton with all its engines and IT would be the most expensive part, let's say it would make 80% of the value of the product. The rest, the silicone skin, would make 20%. Now, if those 20% last only 2 years, you would need a number of service centers in different countries to put new skins on used skeletons. Nobody would accept to dispose of a working skeleton, but maintenance costs would be accepted, I would accept them. People would need to pay for maintenance comparable to middle class car. In the end, I imagine that such a doll would cost about 20.000 $ with maintenance costs of 2.000 $ per year. If people get a good, motorized and autonomous moving doll for that money, I believe the market would be there.

foofighter12

Post by foofighter12 »

Rollo62 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 am
Rock13 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:08 am We're not going to see anything like a genuine sex robot until someone invents a soft, pliable, durable material that can withstand the rigors of realistic movement. Neither TPE nor silicone can handle a lot of poses that would be normal for a human model. In the current state of the art, it wouldn't be very long before the robot's flesh started splitting and disintegrating simply from moving around and I'm guessing that the elbows, knees, shoulders, and crotch area would be among the first to go.
I think you are right as far as the material is concerned, it wouldn't last long. The wear and tear caused by a motorized skeleton would be much higher than with today's passive dolls. So the "service paradigms" of the doll industry would have to change, not necessarily the material. In a full autonomous robot the skeleton with all its engines and IT would be the most expensive part, let's say it would make 80% of the value of the product. The rest, the silicone skin, would make 20%. Now, if those 20% last only 2 years, you would need a number of service centers in different countries to put new skins on used skeletons. Nobody would accept to dispose of a working skeleton, but maintenance costs would be accepted, I would accept them. People would need to pay for maintenance comparable to middle class car. In the end, I imagine that such a doll would cost about 20.000 $ with maintenance costs of 2.000 $ per year. If people get a good, motorized and autonomous moving doll for that money, I believe the market would be there.
As far as the material is concerned, there were some scientists a year ago that were able to put living human skin tissue on a robot finger; it even had the ability self heal like normal skin from a cut. Obviously, real use of this technology is some 20 or so years off according to one of the scientists, but it is exciting to it see its current development. For reference: https://www.euronews.com/next/2022/06/0 ... inkles-too. Hopefully this tech comes sooner rather than later.

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

We are a long way from robots such as Sophia or any other shared in social media with hype that "they are already being released"

Total lies.

But Doll manufacturers could start making improvements in body optionals. Few are.

1. To start I dont see any manufacturer (with exception perhaps of Realdoll) to be purchasing an Ai gpt license and work in the coding like Replika has done, aiming at a romantic sexual partner

2. A place for a removable bluetooth speaker is needed. Preferable in the mouth-throat area so the doll voice simulates coming from her. (A detailed mouth interior is essential)

3. Industry can make tiny micro speakers if they have an order for it. Small size is not a problem. The speaker could be fit in the doll mouth

Problem is because nobody orders a tiny micro speaker, the smallest available today online or in retail are a bit too large, like 5cm diameter.

So we need really small speakers and place them inside far back at the mouth. Must be a ROS half open mouth with movable jaw so the sound can come out.

With a license users can start talking to an AI sexual partner, dedicated in several languages

4. Then we need inside temperature control improvements. The whole skeleton should be prepared to heat

5. Moisture in mouth and self lubricating holes

6. Eyes that get self lubricated and can "lock" in the owners eye, pretty much as smart cameras do, allowing for the pupil movement. So yes, eyeballs should be little electronic rechargeable devices

7. Did I mention heartbeat and breathing?
The heartbeat must be clocked at 70 bpm with a mild bump in the stomach or chest area

Breathing shouldnt be too fast. Nearly all the breasts/chests with breathing feature I saw are unnaturally too fast. I know during sex rhythm accelerates but that shouldnt be emulated at this point, its irritating. A calm, relaxed breathing of one inbreath every 20s and one outbreath every 20 seconds is more real.

Note that: A deep breath without forcing can take 10 seconds and then when we exhale slowly that process of releasing the air can take another 12 seconds.
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira
Starpery TPE 172F Wayne Winstead and Rozanne, Starpery Silicone Nathalia 165D

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Seriously, I think we have reached a plateau in the doll community.

Have you noticed member activity has gone down?
We had increasing sales and interest all the way back from 2015 through the pandemic, 2019, 2020, 2021 up to end 2022.

Since then I feel everything went downhill

I think I know the reason. Dolls have become something of a "more of the same"

They (manufacturers) are betting people will keep buying heavy dead bodies of silicone just cause it has a new pretty face

We (the people) are a bit tired of more of the same. We feel the technology is ready to give us something more than dead weight.

Look, we ve had Alexa since 2016
a small device that can reply to our commands even if you are in the bedroom and the little box is in the living room.

Its time manufacturers look at what is available in terms of tech and include-adapt them to dolls to make them more robot wise.

I know many manufacturers are working on moveable jaw, ROS, interior mouth design, weight reduction, very useful upgrades that should quickly become standard.

I keep reading so many threads about how owners feel attached to their dolls, how important to their emotional well being dolls have become.

manufacturers must read their consumers, we need dolls that are less of a dead weight and more capable of some interaction. Sometimes just self lubrication is a huge interaction, opens many doors in the "lets pretend game"

AI GPT is out there. We want them included inside our doll bodies so we can interact with simple daily small talk.

Doll manufacturers should get together in their syndicate and buy a license for voice AI software that can be used and shared by any brand.

Its time.

We dont want them to walk or move, that can come in 100 years I dont care. But one that has the improvements listed in my previous post, that will make all of us want to buy a new gen doll.

The way things are today, I keep my dolls for 30 years until I die and see no reason to get a new one. We need something awesome.
Im kind of like Larry David, speak my mind and that offends some but thats how I am
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Luiskjr
Ear bud speakers are way smaller n the sound can only be heard with the bud firmly in an ear :(
But the number of innovations that could be implemented probably will remain cosmetic ones
Doll sales volumes are nowhere near vehicle sales and it has taken from 1896 to get them to where they are today
Not holding my breath on a functional sex robot any time soon :thumbs_down:

foofighter12

Post by foofighter12 »

Luiskjr wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 10:42 pm
AI GPT is out there. We want them included inside our doll bodies so we can interact with simple daily small talk.

Doll manufacturers should get together in their syndicate and buy a license for voice AI software that can be used and shared by any brand.
Meta just released "Llama 2" a language model that is open source and free for commercial use. Doll manufacturers could use this language model, but I see some problems. One, the latency. If you talk to your doll, your message must be sent to some server in China then processed and then sent back. So after you ask her what she wants to do today, you have to wait for 2 minutes or so before she responds. Second, the servers hosting your dolls AI could shutdown or get nerfed at anytime, look at the fiasco that happened with replika AI; people were angry that they lost their friend/lover. Third, there may be some digital laws involved since data is being sent to China because the AI service would require a subscription. In my opinion, within 4 to 5 years, we should see open source and commercial language models like llama 2 with decent intelligence that can be run locally on a normal laptop or smart phone. At that point, doll manufacturers can install these small language models into the doll without the need for servers; thus, bypassing the server latency, regulations, or shutdowns.

Crashtodon2

Post by Crashtodon2 »

foofighter12 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:32 pm One, the latency. If you talk to your doll, your message must be sent to some server in China then processed and then sent back.
You can download Llama2 model and run it on a local machine completely in private without having to send data to any server. You can then hook that up with a Bluetooth speaker and mic on your doll. Might require some tinkering and it’s still dependent on your computer, but it’s the best option for privacy and reliability.

Personally I’d prefer dollmakers to rather invest time and money into simple, light and reliable robotics. To me, doll movement comes first in the list of what makes a doll look alive.
Irokebijin 95cm silicone · Rico B - Review - Galleries

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

foofighter12 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:32 pm [
Meta just released "Llama 2" a language model that is open source and free for commercial use. Doll manufacturers could use this language model, In my opinion, within 4 to 5 years, we should see open source and commercial language models like llama 2 with decent intelligence that can be run locally on a normal laptop or smart phone. At that point, doll manufacturers can install these small language models into the doll without the need for servers; thus, bypassing the server latency, regulations, or shutdowns.
Good point. You are right, Servers in China or anywhere, wouldnt work, they need to be open source

Or could be let to the doll owner to choose an Ai app/software friend of his choice. The doll would come just with a rechargeable bluetooth speaker conveniently placed inside her mouth.
seagull wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:28 pm Luiskjr
Ear bud speakers are way smaller n the sound can only be heard with the bud firmly in an ear :
Ear buds are directional speakers. Phone speakers are just as small and we can listen perfectly and loud from a distance.

This is not robotics, its just a workaround to play with AI... not everyone likes it. Its more directed to the legion of fans that are currently using Replika in a completely wrong way.
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

Luiskjr
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Luiskjr »

Crashtodon2 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 5:14 am
You can download Llama2 model and run it on a local machine completely in private without having to send data to any server. You can then hook that up with a Bluetooth speaker and mic on your doll. Might require some tinkering and it’s still dependent on your computer, but it’s the best option for privacy and reliability.
Thanks! will look at Llama2 on my desktop!

need to find a retail speaker since the smallest ones available are too big to insert through the mouth
1965-1978 Long Pillow
1980 Inflatable
2016 Plush Doll
2020 Irontech Torso Mira

BorderFarce
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by BorderFarce »

Where are the Jetsons flying cars?

Reading Popular Mechanics magazine as a kid it said we would have them now.

Watching Star Trek as a kid all us kids said "when we are 60 years old senior citizens they are going to have these sex Androids Captain Kirk was making out with and we are all going to get a few." Mudd's Women & What Girls Are Made Of episodes.

Hot doll reviews
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: My Harem Tent in My Desert Kingdom 🏜️ 🌵🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🏼‍♀️🧚🧚‍♂️💃👙🩴👗🌹🧘‍♀️

Post by Hot doll reviews »

BorderFarce wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:17 pm Where are the Jetsons flying cars?

Reading Popular Mechanics magazine as a kid it said we would have them now.

Watching Star Trek as a kid all us kids said "when we are 60 years old senior citizens they are going to have these sex Androids Captain Kirk was making out with and we are all going to get a few." Mudd's Women & What Girls Are Made Of episodes.
Here’s one from 150,000 years ago she’s a cylone number 6.
Attachments
IMG_3018.jpeg
IMG_3018.jpeg (35.3 KiB) Viewed 46 times
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg (32.95 KiB) Viewed 46 times
She’s such a doll :plaidskirt: My November Girl……… Stay Hard and Drive Hard Brothers! - - Thanks for your excellent advice!

INFORMATIONS