Attachments
20230402_164436.jpg
20230402_164436.jpg (189.34 KiB) Viewed 425 times
Aromatic with a touch of fruitiness, that's Kelvin Klein :plaidskirt:

My Partner in crime & naughty girlfriend is Kim1970

Kelvin Klein

Re: Performix VLP

Post by Kelvin Klein »

Am I correct in thinking this is the correct product to protect vinyl girls from tears and holes developing?

If so would one glue stick be enough and where are the most vulnerable parts, in pics if possible Also would the advice be to do it while she is still inflated. Obviously in my opinion prevention is better than cure.

Cheers

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

I've only used VLP to repair damage, not as a preventive measure. A 118ml tube fixed two areas on a vinyl doll and many holes on another airbabe. It was used in small amounts on single locations. I very much doubt that one standard tube could cover every seam on a doll to strengthen it. The worse seam failures can be internal, in the insert pocket for example that one may not be able to gain access to.

The damage I repaired to my main doll was in every possible location as once the plasticizer left the vinyl, it turned brittle and cracked when flexed (UPVC). From my experience, exposure to human skin oil, sweat and various materials can damage the vinyl over time. I can't speak for Kimmi as she's a different brand.

Before you all panic! lol. Keeping your airbabe fully clothed 24/7, stuffing it with a material and sleeping with it almost every night and cuddling up during your free time clocks up a huge amount of hours that the doll has to endure. Inflatables are not designed IMO for that kind of continuous wear and tear. TPE/silicon dolls have their issues too as the joints loosen.

One good preventive measure is to go easy with your dolls 8)
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."
Tagline in the style of Robocop; "PART WOMAN, PART FANTASY, ALL DOLL!"

Dolls Alive! -
Marlene And Layna Ch. マーリーン レーナ

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe 90 »

Kelvin Klein wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 11:52 am Am I correct in thinking this is the correct product to protect vinyl girls from tears and holes developing?

If so would one glue stick be enough and where are the most vulnerable parts, in pics if possible Also would the advice be to do it while she is still inflated. Obviously in my opinion prevention is better than cure.

Cheers
Kevin, get in contact with Genesis when your doll arrives. He has been able to keep his beautiful Kimmi dolls in pristine condition and would be able to advise you.
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

Joe 90 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:26 pm get in contact with Genesis when your doll arrives. He has been able to keep his beautiful Kimmi dolls in pristine condition and would be able to advise you.
Yep, he's the man for Kimmi Kim Kim! 8O

UPDATE:

Here are some old threads:

Just finished my Kimmi Lovecok modifications
Kimi :)
My Kimmi's modifications are completed
Cayenne a little depressed
Describing my airbabe in the style of Obi-Wan Kenobi; "She's more patch now than doll, twisted and crumpled."
Scammer switching my doll in the style of Darth Vader; "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."
Discussing my dolls in the style of Alien... Woman; "You admire them." Me; "I admire their purity."

Dolls Alive! -

Kelvin Klein

Post by Kelvin Klein »

Entity2020 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:16 pm I've only used VLP to repair damage, not as a preventive measure. A 118ml tube fixed two areas on a vinyl doll and many holes on another airbabe. It was used in small amounts on single locations. I very much doubt that one standard tube could cover every seam on a doll to strengthen it. The worse seam failures can be internal, in the insert pocket for example that one may not be able to gain access to.

The damage I repaired to my main doll was in every possible location as once the plasticizer left the vinyl, it turned brittle and cracked when flexed (UPVC). From my experience, exposure to human skin oil, sweat and various materials can damage the vinyl over time. I can't speak for Kimmi as she's a different brand.

Before you all panic! lol. Keeping your airbabe fully clothed 24/7, stuffing it with a material and sleeping with it almost every night and cuddling up during your free time clocks up a huge amount of hours that the doll has to endure. Inflatables are not designed IMO for that kind of continuous wear and tear. TPE/silicon dolls have their issues too as the joints loosen.

One good preventive measure is to go easy with your dolls 8)
Kim will probably only last a month with me then, 😁 But I have picked up a few pointers, not to fully inflate when sleeping with a vinyl and not to use human breath to inflate as it can cause moisture and mold

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

Kelvin Klein wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:01 pm Kim will probably only last a month with me then, 😁 But I have picked up a few pointers
We'd all hope that she lasts a little longer ;)

The good news is that you are aware of some of the pitfalls and have TDF knowledge base to hand.

Dolls Alive! -

Kelvin Klein

Post by Kelvin Klein »

Yes with the good folk here I have learnt some basics I also spotted another product called Tear Aid. Clear adhesive strips that apparently resist the oils found in Vinyl. No messy glue and you can cut to size.

Am I right in thinking if you plan to sleep with your lady, best to dress her, to avoid sweat and other bodily secretions

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

Kelvin Klein wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:50 pm Am I right in thinking if you plan to sleep with your lady, best to dress her, to avoid sweat and other bodily secretions
Dressing the doll didn't help. I have no proof but there may be a link between certain types of clothing and the migration of plasticizers - the chemical that gives the vinyl its flexibility. Perhaps my skin oil saturated the doll's clothing and nylon tights. There is also usually a lot of heat and moisture trapped under the bed sheets. I also heat-treated the dolls in question (Marlene and Layna). The other dolls have been laid naked on white duvets, covered with throws for months on end with no visible degrading of their vinyl. Those one to two year old 'happy' dolls have never slept with me and seen very little action in the bedroom - thus my skin has hardly made contact with them. This was an intentional care plan to preserve their life spans...

I've found soft good condition vinyl in my three-year-old main doll Marlene's arm recesses because it is shielded from clothing, bed sheets, heat, moisture, and my naked skin. The remainder of Marlene is brittle.

Plasticiser loss from plastic or rubber products through diffusion and evaporation

Conclusion.

The two vinyl dolls I have heat-treated, stuffed and slept in bed with have plasticizer issues. I was able to rescue Layna taking her out of service after around 60 days. Marlene was a write-off after a year and has continued to degrade as each week passed. For both dolls, the stuffing was applied from day one and heat treatment was done much later when the vinyl began to crumple and set into rigid undesirable shapes. Layna's vinyl is so-so and has remained much the same for the last two years as her care plan keeps her safe. Marlene gets repaired weekly but continues to sleep with me most nights.

Dolls Alive! -

Kelvin Klein

Post by Kelvin Klein »

Oh well just a thought.... Maybe just leave her in the box and just look at her then😂😂

On a serious note I want to have enjoyment and fun with her, and I want her to have the same with me, I will give her the care I can. I do plan to sleep with her, have intimate times, dress her up, take photos, watch movies together

Better to have a fun filled life, than a miserable one. But thankyou for your comments and help.

Entity2020
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Entity2020 »

:thumbs_up:

Yeah, vinyl dolls can have a good life but those that burn twice as bright, burn half as long and Marlene and Layna have burned so very, very brightly :idea:

I wanted to have my cake and eat it so in the end, I bought multiple dolls to cycle them and keep most factory-new.

Kimmi is a different brand and member Genesis has proved you can prolong her life and enjoy the doll too!

I've learnt the hard way by pushing dolls and breaking them.

Dolls Alive! -

Su-Ling
Doll
Doll

Post by Su-Ling »

Entity2020 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:16 pm those that burn twice as bright, burn half as long and Marlene and Layna have burned so very, very brightly :idea:

cheese.gif
cheese.gif (1.64 MiB) Viewed 310 times

Kelvin Klein

Post by Kelvin Klein »

Su-Ling wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:45 pm
Entity2020 wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 3:16 pm those that burn twice as bright, burn half as long and Marlene and Layna have burned so very, very brightly :idea:

cheese.gif
Indeed and what a classic. Blade Runner!

INFORMATIONS