Starpery.com

Veins? anyone know how to draw them right?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Veins? anyone know how to draw them right?

Post by EBmoist »

Doll realism is amazing is it not?
The artistry in this world is truly amazing!! Ive been looking at the starpy /Zelex dolls//// and i know they are silicone..and there obviously is a paint - or marker that they use and a process to make it look the way it does.

however ,
What im asking to TDF- and all those who are far more advance than me, IS there a process that has been done that can simulate the Veins in a dolls breast in TPE that is foolproof?
1. What is product that manufacture use in the first place? obviously is a paint - or marker that they use and a process to make it look the way it does.
2. IS there a DIY process that also works ? ive sat back and looked at how many times doll owners deal with Dark color clothing- and we are scared of dark unwashed cotten for a reason as it marks the TPE quite permanently , it fades - but is never gone.. can you use that disaster (dye stain) to a way to make good looking -permanent veins?

To me its a huge leap to making a doll real - Estelle is open to the idea- Im pretty good with my Moles and Freckles on her, but she has drawn the line on veins until there is real answers

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Veins? anyone know how to draw them right?

Post by Socratus »

I've been looking into this myself. Now I'm not a doll artist, but I am an artist and the first thing I would advise is reference material (get plenty of realistic boob pics). See, look, compare where all those blue lines come and go on the breasts both left and right. Then begin some light testing on any spare TPE with a really fine art brush... And always keep it light.

That would be on paper or computer, but on a doll, I don't know. I'll let the more experienced doll artists enlighten us on what to use that works on TPE. :)

p.s that dark stain thing also made me think if it's possible to do a fine blue version of it on TPE? Maybe some kind of DYE that's used on most clothing painted really finely in very light blue?
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBmoist »

Socrates- that was my exact thinking-- took the words right out of my mouth (as they say)

Last time this disaster happend to me was over an arm strap to a cotten nighty that i completely brain farted that it was not washed yet. and the strap - (dark blue) got wet with a bit of baby oil and make a light blue mark on her breast and shoulder - that i -- was Furious over- and did eveything i could do undo the mark , but it was too late,
BUT if it wasnt so straight-- it was almost , almost a large vein.. thats what got me thinking...

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

I remember a post some time ago where a member used this eyeliner pencil to draw veins.

Good thing about this is if you mess up it can be removed and re-done.

BB6C2DB2-6888-4AD4-A0E0-09A14B7A0A1F.jpeg
BB6C2DB2-6888-4AD4-A0E0-09A14B7A0A1F.jpeg (865.57 KiB) Viewed 547 times
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

Probably not.
The good news is, if you don't like it, baby oil will take it off (TPE).

Justinpassinthru
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Justinpassinthru »

crazedcat wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:13 pm I remember a post some time ago where a member used this eyeliner pencil to draw veins.

BB6C2DB2-6888-4AD4-A0E0-09A14B7A0A1F.jpeg
I used this pen but my results weren't that great. It might be because she's tanned skin, but I couldn't get it to draw. It also has a slight glitter to it, which did rub onto her but did not leave the desired effect. I believe other people had better results, but it did not work for me.

EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBmoist »

Justinpassinthru wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:26 pm
crazedcat wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:13 pm I remember a post some time ago where a member used this eyeliner pencil to draw veins.

I used this pen but my results weren't that great. It might be because she's tanned skin, but I couldn't get it to draw. It also has a slight glitter to it, which did rub onto her but did not leave the desired effect. I believe other people had better results, but it did not work for me.
I agree! The issue with the revlon pen is its very nature-- will wipe off-- its not staining the TPE deep enough.. Correct me if im wrong.. it almost seems that with a Dark Fabric- (i.e. a cotten strap) that when it presses to the TPE - with pressure, and time -- that it stains DEEP into the tissue of the TPE,, when the horrified owner comes back and tries to clean it- the surface stain is removed - but the deep stain is not..

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

EBmoist wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:53 pm
I agree! The issue with the revlon pen is its very nature-- will wipe off-- its not staining the TPE deep enough.. Correct me if im wrong.. it almost seems that with a Dark Fabric- (i.e. a cotten strap) that when it presses to the TPE - with pressure, and time -- that it stains DEEP into the tissue of the TPE,, when the horrified owner comes back and tries to clean it- the surface stain is removed - but the deep stain is not..
I reckon light blue cloth dye with a very, very fine brush is the answer. I can't see it ruining the doll as long as you keep it really fine and light. It needs to be almost imperceptible, faded. One thing I notice some people do is they go over the top- No. Keep it super-light. Most common people don't even realise there's blue there even though they see the flesh every day. You gotta get close. I can't see why it wouldn't work like every other cloth dye, just let it rest for a while. I'm not doing it yet, but I will give it a go at some point.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBmoist »

Good call Socratus-- i think if its tried on the scalp of your girl you can see if that works.. let us know how it goes

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

Just like you said., I've found pens to be dicey on TPE. Some will flow well and others stuck/jump. All depending on how you have prepared the surface.

An alternative is to use a good airbrush to place fine lines on the TPE. Take a tiny bit of light blue or turquoise oil paint and thin well with xylene to make a watery solution. Several light passes and you can get a decent vein. Heat set and you are done.

Before actually doing this on your doll make sure to practice. If you can get a hairline spray out of your airbrush during practice, then you are good to go for the doll.

Cheers!
... W ...
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

chippyminton

Post by chippyminton »

Begog wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:19 pm Probably not.
Seamless, realistic and hugely impressive :D

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

chippyminton wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:50 am
Begog wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:19 pm Probably not.
Seamless, realistic and hugely impressive :D
Thanks. They lasted about a year. Did it with a sharpie.

HalcionDNA
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by HalcionDNA »

Socratus wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:58 pm
EBmoist wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:53 pm
I reckon light blue cloth dye with a very, very fine brush is the answer. I can't see it ruining the doll as long as you keep it really fine and light. It needs to be almost imperceptible, faded. One thing I notice some people do is they go over the top- No. Keep it super-light. Most common people don't even realise there's blue there even though they see the flesh every day. You gotta get close. I can't see why it wouldn't work like every other cloth dye, just let it rest for a while. I'm not doing it yet, but I will give it a go at some point.
If you want something more permanent I think you can use "gentian violet" dilute with water.
I will definitely suggest to practice it first on a piece of paper,silicone or TPE with a fine art brush.

EBmoist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by EBmoist »

HalcionDNA wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 4:20 am
If you want something more permanent I think you can use "gentian violet" dilute with water.
I will definitely suggest to practice it first on a piece of paper,silicone or TPE with a fine art brush.
[/quote]

What is gentian violet? a dye? or a pen ink?

Wheezer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Wheezer »

For veins I only tend to put them on dolls with fair skin or lighter breasts, such as tan line areas. I also like to keep them very subtle. but that is just me.

If you don't have an airbrush, you can just paint them on. Here is how I do it.

Take some turquoise artists oil paint and apply small lines with a 0, 00 or 000 brush. Once applied roll over the line gently with a Q-Tip dipped in IPA. This removes the excess pigment.
Draw on whatever you want until satisfied. Remove or adjust any with a Q-Tip dipped in baby oil.
Once complete hit the area with a hot air gun at about 150-170C. Just make the TPE slightly glisten and set the oil paint into the TPE. Mist with IPA to flash cool and set.
Next stipple on some translucent white over the veins and general breast area. Blend in well. Just small bit is needed to give a "below the flesh" effect. Heat set and cool as before.
Practice this a few times on a scrap area and adjust to your specific blend of TPE and doll color.

The only thing I have found is that light and your eyes make a significant difference. That is what looks good in room light to a real eye may come across too subtle in a picture. Likewise what looks great in a photo may be a bit garish in real light.

Cheers!
... W ...
Vein_Sample(3).jpg
Vein_Sample(3).jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 343 times
Any comments, ideas or suggestions are given FREELY for your use and information. Before using, first check to ensure they are compatible with your doll or specific situation. If any tool, chemical or technique is mentioned, make sure to follow all directions and safety instructions of the product. Some tools or items can be dangerous, so be careful. Use all appropriate safety gear, don’t run with scissors and don’t eat the yellow snow. Always keep your mind open.

INFORMATIONS