Starpery.com

Artificial muscle

Got an idea? Need an invention?
timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Artificial muscle

Post by timetraveler1 »

I HAD TALKED ABOUT THE IDEA A LONG TIME AGO OF ADDING MUSCLES UNDERNEATH THE SKIN ON DOLLS, IT COULD BE DONE BY ATTACHING A STRAND OF TPE , OR SILICON MATERIAL ON THE FRAME SO WHEN WHEN THE ARM IS MOVED WOULD BASICALLY STRETCH AND SLIDE THE MUSCLE PART FORWARD IN THE ARM OR LEG AREA . BUT HAVING SAID THAT THESE EXTRA ADDED FLEXING MUSCLES WOULD ALSO HAVE TO HAVE SOME SORT OF LUBRICATION TO ALLOW THEM TO MOVE AND SLIDE INSIDE WITHOUT FRICTION OTHERWISE IT WOULD WEAR QUICKLY AND BREAK FROM WEARING OUT.

sorry didn't know caps was on. 8O 8O :roll:

Bastelhans1+

Post by Bastelhans1+ »

King Solo wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:47 pm This may be a little off topic, but I don't know why manufacturers haven't created an entire doll made out of a gelatinous core material, with a thin layer of TPE over the top of it. I don't know if it's just laziness, or if they're afraid it'll get damaged to easily. Whatever the case, they need to start innovating new ways of creating dolls outside of the old solid single pour construction. At least it'll be a start in the direction this idea is headed in.
So you pour that 200°C TPE into that perfect Bodyform with gelatine muscles and electronics all fitted in. I am sure the skinlayer will be to thin in some places and the "muscles" will melt anyway. It is difficult enough as they are done nowadays but it is good to keep the dream alive!

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

For practicalities sake I'm sure the skin would go into a mold and then go on to the doll more like a suit after it is cold
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

King Solo
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by King Solo »

Bottomline ..... the technology and know-how is out there .... it's just that "WEIGHT" ALWAYS prevents them from being able to accomplish most of the things we desire in making her feel and behave as real as possible. If they really wanted to, they could probably easily make a doll that feels as real and soft as a real woman, but that doll would probably weigh just as much as real woman. And the average doll owner would have a hard time moving her big soft juicy dead weight around. So, they refuse to put in the effort of making one.
110cm Mega Vanessa Torso
viewtopic.php?t=176738

Certified advocate for properly placed LHP's :glou:

Technician
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Technician »

Weight and power consumption I believe are the hurdles. But Haptic actuator technology is getting better and could be something that brings android companions off the paper and into the world.
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs
125cm Amazon doll. Purchased: 3/24/2024, Measurements: G - cup / 26G - 17 - 25 @ 39.8 lbs

INFORMATIONS