www.yourdoll.com

Would a Photography background stand help a doll with standing feet stand on her own.

Clothing, footwear, hats, gloves, jewelry, etc. Store bought, modified and handmade.
ian85

Would a Photography background stand help a doll with standing feet stand on her own.

Post by ian85 »

I am talking about a stand like this: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003464645693.html

Thank you.

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Would a Photography background stand help a doll with standing feet stand on her own.

Post by Photo_guy »

I have a similar one for my backgrounds, these frames are incredibly lightweight. Which does make them easy to use, but I believe it would just bend if trying to hold the doll at all.
These dolls are so heavy that anything they lean against; stand, furniture, etc, needs to be quite substantial itself otherwise once the doll starts leaning, even slightly it is just going to push it over or out of the way.
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

ian85

Re: Would a Photography background stand help a doll with standing feet stand on her own.

Post by ian85 »

Photo_guy wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:56 am I have a similar one for my backgrounds, these frames are incredibly lightweight. Which does make them easy to use, but I believe it would just bend if trying to hold the doll at all.
These dolls are so heavy that anything they lean against; stand, furniture, etc, needs to be quite substantial itself otherwise once the doll starts leaning, even slightly it is just going to push it over or out of the way.
I see. What I meant is would it help balance the doll on her feet if she is with standing feet without bolts for example. Without the doll leaning on the stand itself but standing underneath it with a rope from the stand holding the doll. Kinda like what they have done here: https://youtu.be/hr7k2xU8GTg?t=32

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi ian85 that's really cool what you did with that setup outside, you can bet I shall be trying something like that but like Photo_guy said these backdrop stands are really lightweight. I've actually got the one you have linked and I wouldn't trust it with the weight of any of my dolls, I think even those at just 28kg would prove too heavy. You might be able to rig something up with some heavy duty light stands but they will probably cost around £50 each so it might be easier to make a DIY doll stand like a few of us have using a piece of hardboard with a section of steel tube bolted to it that the doll can rest against, her weight will stop her from tipping backwards.

ian85

Post by ian85 »

Arthur1960 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:07 am Hi ian85 that's really cool what you did with that setup outside, you can bet I shall be trying something like that but like Photo_guy said these backdrop stands are really lightweight. I've actually got the one you have linked and I wouldn't trust it with the weight of any of my dolls, I think even those at just 28kg would prove too heavy. You might be able to rig something up with some heavy duty light stands but they will probably cost around £50 each so it might be easier to make a DIY doll stand like a few of us have using a piece of hardboard with a section of steel tube bolted to it that the doll can rest against, her weight will stop her from tipping backwards.
Thanks I will research more. The Youtube Video is not mine. I just found it in Youtube. I will probably get the doll in the video next though. She is gorgeous. And just like Pokemon - Gotta have them all :D

riotmac
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by riotmac »

a DIY stand viewtopic.php?t=156216&hilit=doll+stand total at home depot was about $70 only thing i say to buy is some pipe insulation to wrap around it so you dont get black stuff on your doll while shes leaning up against it also depending on your flooring buy some rubber skid pads for the bottom i got tile flooring so bare wood on tile can still slide.
Attachments
20221221_192008 edit.jpg
20221221_192008 edit.jpg (851.27 KiB) Viewed 267 times
Gameladydoll Ciri/Quiet thread - viewtopic.php?t=162288

ian85

Post by ian85 »

I had a chandelier at home which I removed and now there is a large hook in the center of my room on the ceiling. It is directly screwed to the ceiling with a couple of screws. Maybe I could use that. I also have some VR pulley system from when I had wired VR. I will have to experiment a bit.

riotmac
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by riotmac »

ian85 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:55 pm I had a chandelier at home which I removed and now there is a large hook in the center of my room on the ceiling. It is directly screwed to the ceiling with a couple of screws. Maybe I could use that. I also have some VR pulley system from when I had wired VR. I will have to experiment a bit.
chandelier should have been anchored into a ceiling joist so it should support her weigh or could get a sex swing :whistle:

ian85

Post by ian85 »

riotmac wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:07 pm
ian85 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:55 pm I had a chandelier at home which I removed and now there is a large hook in the center of my room on the ceiling. It is directly screwed to the ceiling with a couple of screws. Maybe I could use that. I also have some VR pulley system from when I had wired VR. I will have to experiment a bit.
chandelier should have been anchored into a ceiling joist so it should support her weigh or could get a sex swing :whistle:
Love the swing idea. Thank you :)

riotmac
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by riotmac »

ian85 wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 1:12 pm Love the swing idea. Thank you :)
no problem i wish i had the room to install one but search around pretty sure there are some recommended swings in one of the BDSM threads here bc the swing has to properly support a doll

INFORMATIONS