betterlovedoll.com

TDF suggestion

This forum is devoted SOLELY to questions and answers regarding how to use the forum and other features of the "The Doll Forum" website. Questions or help regarding dolls should be posted elsewhere. Bug reports can also all be found here. If you encounter a bug, this is where to address it.
Kandicaine
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

TDF suggestion

Post by Kandicaine »

Not sure if this is the right forum

Wanted to leave a couple suggestions for the site.

For a while now I’ve been thinking an up vote system could be fun to have. Often times there’s a lot of posts where I like something but it feels a bit intrusive to post a comment in the middle of a discussion or if I don’t really have something of substance to say other than a bunch of emojis and that I like the content of the post and my replies kinda just take up space.

Another thing I was thinking would be cool would be a discord server. It would be a little more modern than the live chat and a bit more accessible to mobile users. So I think it might be a bit more active and populated. The reason for this is also in part that sometimes I have a really quick question I need to ask about something and I feel like making a post in general for everything just ends up cluttering the forum as well.
Katya - Starpery 167E viewtopic.php?t=158234

I also make music. https://soundcloud.com/illeptik

informalproblem

Re: TDF suggestion

Post by informalproblem »

Not a fan of turning this into a reddit clone nor bringing my outside life into TDF with Discord.

Just my opinion.

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

informalproblem wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:07 am Not a fan of turning this into a reddit clone nor bringing my outside life into TDF with Discord.

Just my opinion.
+1 :thumbs_up:
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

informalproblem wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:07 am Not a fan of turning this into a reddit clone nor bringing my outside life into TDF with Discord.

Just my opinion.
Nope, I don't either. Reddit is already out there if that's what I wanted.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

Post by Stewie studmuffin »

Call me old school, but I actually prefer the layout and workings of TDF to those other places.
Although one way that I wish TDF was more like Discord is the ease at which pretty much any video format can be posted on Discord.
I know that when posting certain videos here, MP4 for example, anyone interested in watching the video has to first download it. That is not only a bit of a pain but it also discourages people from watching the video. I have posted quite a few of these videos and very few people bother to watch. There might be over 100 views on the thread and barely 10 people will bother to watch the video. My only guess as to why is perhaps people are afraid to download stuff in general. Or maybe they think that I'm trying to hack their computer or something. :roll:
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Girlfriends are for guys who haven't found the right doll yet.

I feel much better now that I've given up hope.

informalproblem

Stewie studmuffin wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:51 pm Call me old school, but I actually prefer the layout and workings of TDF to those other places.
Although one way that I wish TDF was more like Discord is the ease at which pretty much any video format can be posted on Discord.
I know that when posting certain videos here, MP4 for example, anyone interested in watching the video has to first download it. That is not only a bit of a pain but it also discourages people from watching the video. I have posted quite a few of these videos and very few people bother to watch. There might be over 100 views on the thread and barely 10 people will bother to watch the video. My only guess as to why is perhaps people are afraid to download stuff in general. Or maybe they think that I'm trying to hack their computer or something. :roll:
you could just post the video to YouTube of Vimeo.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

TDF is a member-oriented forum on love dolls.
It is our policy to be independent of other platforms.
We should be able to make our own decisions, have our own rules and policies.
Also, it is key not to share member info with external sites like Discord or such, or any other site.

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Southside Virginia. A place where the men are men and the horses are nervous.

informalproblem wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:44 pm you could just post the video to YouTube of Vimeo.
I didn't know that it was possible to post an MP4 video in one of those other formats. If so that would indeed be great. :D
The only way that I have been able to post these types of videos is by posting them the same way that I would post a picture.
I haven't been able to find a way to post them like YouTube and Vimeo videos.

But here is an example of what I was talking about:
cachedVideo (2) (1).mov
(415.99 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
There is no way to play the video by simply clicking on it. It has to be downloaded first. :|
No matter how pretty she is, there is a guy out there somewhere who is tired of her shit!

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Stewie, I'm sure informalproblem meant that you can upload your video on YouTube or Vimeo and then embed them into a TDF post.

Having videos as attachment that play inline like YouTube or Vimeo is not as easy as it sounds. The most problematic point is video compatibility. Inside a browser only a very few video codecs are allowed, everything else does not work. Just by having a file that ends in .mp4 or .mov doesn't mean it is compatible. It can contain video formats that will not work.
Therefore every uploaded video must be checked and converted to a compatible format. Such a functionality does not exists for this forum. In addition it needs CPU power and is time consuming.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

justintime
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by justintime »

Tsall wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:59 pm Stewie, I'm sure informalproblem meant that you can upload your video on YouTube or Vimeo and then embed them into a TDF post.

Having videos as attachment that play inline like YouTube or Vimeo is not as easy as it sounds. The most problematic point is video compatibility. Inside a browser only a very few video codecs are allowed, everything else does not work. Just by having a file that ends in .mp4 or .mov doesn't mean it is compatible. It can contain video formats that will not work.
Therefore every uploaded video must be checked and converted to a compatible format. Such a functionality does not exists for this forum. In addition it needs CPU power and is time consuming.
:thumbs_up:
“Put … the Doll … down … and slowly back away.”
Shelby My Piece Of Heaven
Shelby Model Information

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Tsall wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:59 pm Stewie, I'm sure informalproblem meant that you can upload your video on YouTube or Vimeo and then embed them into a TDF post.
I have no idea how that would work as I have never uploaded anything on YouTube or Vimeo. In fact, I have never made any videos at all and just share videos that others have sent me or that I stumble upon on my own.
Tsall wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:59 pm Having videos as attachment that play inline like YouTube or Vimeo is not as easy as it sounds. The most problematic point is video compatibility. Inside a browser only a very few video codecs are allowed, everything else does not work. Just by having a file that ends in .mp4 or .mov doesn't mean it is compatible. It can contain video formats that will not work.
Thanks for the explanation as to why it's not feasible. That makes perfect sense. :thumbs_up:

informalproblem

Stewie studmuffin wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 12:41 am I have no idea how that would work as I have never uploaded anything on YouTube or Vimeo. In fact, I have never made any videos at all and just share videos that others have sent me or that I stumble upon on my own.
YouTube.com, select "your channel" on the left hand side, and then in the top right click "create" and select "upload"

It will convert the video to be played in modern browsers, and that could take a short bit of time.

Once the video is done, you can copy part of the URL into the phpbb code. Say the url is

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNQXAC9IVRw
this is what you will do. Congrats, you just got to see the very first YouTube video ever, by a YouTube co-founder.

Code: Select all

[youtube]jNQXAC9IVRw[/youtube] 

Edit: I would highly recommend having a secondary account for doing this so you don't inadvertently dox yourself

Stewie studmuffin
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Thanks for the information informalproblem. While I have never uploaded anything to YouTube, the process itself looks simple enough.
I think the secondary account is a wise idea as well. :thumbs_up:

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

Kandicaine wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:18 pm Not sure if this is the right forum

Wanted to leave a couple suggestions for the site.

For a while now I’ve been thinking an up vote system could be fun to have. Often times there’s a lot of posts where I like something but it feels a bit intrusive to post a comment in the middle of a discussion or if I don’t really have something of substance to say other than a bunch of emojis and that I like the content of the post and my replies kinda just take up space.

Another thing I was thinking would be cool would be a discord server. It would be a little more modern than the live chat and a bit more accessible to mobile users. So I think it might be a bit more active and populated. The reason for this is also in part that sometimes I have a really quick question I need to ask about something and I feel like making a post in general for everything just ends up cluttering the forum as well.
Idk about the discord thing ,
Don't know what it is .

But the ability to "like " posts or pictures is something I've thought about .
I don't know anything about web design so maybe too much trouble ,idk.

nicvncnt
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by nicvncnt »

Stewie studmuffin wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:16 am Thanks for the information informalproblem. While I have never uploaded anything to YouTube, the process itself looks simple enough.
I think the secondary account is a wise idea as well. :thumbs_up:
The problem with YouTube etc is the kind of material TDF members would want to upload will be age-restricted so you have to have an age-verified YouTube account to view it. I use YouTube a lot - there's a ton of great stuff on there - but never will I give them my personal data just to get an account. Not specific to YouTube - I won't have accounts at any such site.

INFORMATIONS