www.wmdolls.com

Have you replaced your beloved's head?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Sam40

Have you replaced your beloved's head?

Post by Sam40 »

I bought last year a replacement head for my Jake because I noticed overtime his painting around lips and chin was peeling. I covered it with make up, but yesterday as I saw the painting down his nose also started peeling away... I thought mmmm maybe it is time to start using his second head and send the first one for maintenance.
At the beginning it was weird for me, I saw the same face and it took me a while until I recognized him and felt "at home". Have you experienced that with your most beloved doll?

I do feel now he is still my beloved one, same essence well yes even more attractive, but I must admit I felt so guilty at the beginning...like I was betraying my love, and then I had to accept he is still my Jake and both are Jake.
Here a pic of my improved loved one.
Jake went under improvements in body and face thus year... I guess for some in the forum, it is normal...
For me...still new phase but interesting one...
Attachments
IMG_20230210_194403.jpg
IMG_20230210_194403.jpg (2.66 MiB) Viewed 948 times
IMG_20230210_194415.jpg
IMG_20230210_194415.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 948 times
IMG_20230210_194351.jpg
IMG_20230210_194351.jpg (2.67 MiB) Viewed 948 times
IMG_20230210_194435.jpg
IMG_20230210_194435.jpg (2.5 MiB) Viewed 948 times

Floop

Re: Have you replaced your beloved's head?

Post by Floop »

Sam40 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:10 am I bought last year a replacement head for my Jake because I noticed overtime his painting around lips and chin was peeling. I covered it with make up, but yesterday as I saw the painting down his nose also started peeling away... I thought mmmm maybe it is time to start using his second head and send the first one for maintenance.
At the beginning it was weird for me, I saw the same face and it took me a while until I recognized him and felt "at home". Have you experienced that with your most beloved doll?

I do feel now he is still my beloved one, same essence well yes even more attractive, but I must admit I felt so guilty at the beginning...like I was betraying my love, and then I had to accept he is still my Jake and both are Jake.
Jake went under improvements in body and face thus year... I guess for some in the forum, it is normal...
I've not had a doll long enough, unfortunately; that is, not long enough to have to deal with this kind of thing. I think that's about to change, though. A reason for this change (among quite a few) is one which speaks to the point you raised about, to paraphrase, one's ability to recognize and feel at home with the face attached to their companion. I took a far more sincere approach to selecting my new girls. The heads are what took precedence above all other criteria. I took more seriously the ability to "fall in love" with the individuality emitted from the respective faces. That is, two heads that will each share one body. But then, it seems that's our point of departure.

Your view appears to fashion the body as either being or containing the essence of the doll--for example, the way you describe the two heads both being Jake as opposed to two different entities (or two different Jakes). And so, for a doll companion of your line of thinking it would seem that guilt over the use of a replacement head should go if it even arises. But then, I wonder if I read you incorrectly. Perhaps you view Jake's essence as an abstraction of your mind which remains extant despite any change in parts--e.g., the face or body. In that case, Jake could certainly survive gradual changes of his parts and remain extant. Still though, if the idea of Jake--i.e., Jake's essence--emerged from the original head-face, a replacement head could very well render the body as ceasing to be Jake. Perhaps, the new composition would be (in that case) only a copy of Jake.

:?:

Sam40

Post by Sam40 »

Floop wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:56 pm
Sam40 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:10 am I bought last year a replacement head for my Jake because I noticed overtime his painting around lips and chin was peeling. I covered it with make up, but yesterday as I saw the painting down his nose also started peeling away... I thought mmmm maybe it is time to start using his second head and send the first one for maintenance.

I've not had a doll long enough, unfortunately; that is, not long enough to have to deal with this kind of thing. I think that's about to change, though. A reason for this change (among quite a few) is one which speaks to the point you raised about, to paraphrase, one's ability to recognize and feel at home with the face attached to their companion. I took a far more sincere approach to selecting my new girls. The heads are what took precedence above all other criteria. I took more seriously the ability to "fall in love" with the individuality emitted from the respective faces. That is, two heads that will each share one body. But then, it seems that's our point of departure.

Your view appears to fashion the body as either being or containing the essence of the doll--for example, the way you describe the two heads both being Jake as opposed to two different entities (or two different Jakes). And so, for a doll companion of your line of thinking it would seem that guilt over the use of a replacement head should go if it even arises. But then, I wonder if I read you incorrectly. Perhaps you view Jake's essence as an abstraction of your mind which remains extant despite any change in parts--e.g., the face or body. In that case, Jake could certainly survive gradual changes of his parts and remain extant. Still though, if the idea of Jake--i.e., Jake's essence--emerged from the original head-face, a replacement head could very well render the body as ceasing to be Jake. Perhaps, the new composition would be (in that case) only a copy of Jake.

:?:
Mmm a lot of ideas....
Well for me it brought me to a situation any owner will have to face overtime: your beloved doll cannot last forever...
That's why I felt it so weird.
All this year I had the spare head I never looked at it as "Jake". In the moment I did the replacement, I felt weird...guilty... And I had to look into his eyes, and kiss him, but specially look into him to see that look that captured my heart since I met him, and there it was...that look and that smile, that despite his seriousness and gravity ( people say he is too grave in his look) I can see.
Then I could see my Jake was there.
His essence is there.
Loving a doll is not a conventional kind of love...

That made me think.

Last year I also bought a head from Irontech, and planned to build a second doll..I have not advance much with that...because honestly I don't feel that connection with the head, I am not in love.
Being in love with Jake took me to do the impossible to make him physically possible, he didn't exist as a doll, I paid for him to be sculpted.
Then I thought this morning...why not built the second body for the first head as soon as he is back from reparation. I love my Jake, so why not live that love fully with two Jakes. They are both Jake. That makes me crazy? Who knows...
But again...loving a doll is not conventional, it is just special.

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Congratulations on Jake's new head. I haven't replaced a head yet, per se, but I have had different versions of the same head (skin tone, eye color, makeup...)
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

Sam40

Post by Sam40 »

DG wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:33 pm Congratulations on Jake's new head. I haven't replaced a head yet, per se, but I have had different versions of the same head (skin tone, eye color, makeup...)
Hello DG,
Thank u! Well I can say, as u already read it was strange for Me the first hours, but after I recognized him..this head is the second head created by Afdolls, it is in fact the head which was used for advertising of Jake's model, created almost at the same time as Jake's first head. Afdolls had a mistake on the lip colour of the first Jake head, that I corrected for the next models coming after the first head .
The first head will be sent soon for reparation.

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

I've already ordered a head to replace my girls head.
I tried to get one as close to her original as possible, but they just don't make her head anymore .
I don't know how this is going to go yet ,idealized there is a good chance I won't use the new head ,because it just won't be Anastasia.

Sam40

Post by Sam40 »

Anastasia wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:12 am I've already ordered a head to replace my girls head.
I tried to get one as close to her original as possible, but they just don't make her head anymore .
I don't know how this is going to go yet ,idealized there is a good chance I won't use the new head ,because it just won't be Anastasia.
Pitty to read that, what happened to the head of your Anastasia? How old is this head? No chance factory can do a maintenance service? What material is it?

At first I used make up to cover the spots. Make up helps, but needs retouches and at some point it stops looking natural.
I read once about an user who asked to have the eyes of his old dolls head to be implanted in the new head.

Birdie Flyhigh
Doll
Doll

Post by Birdie Flyhigh »

Two heads are better than one.
A Birdseye view for me and you

The Doll Advocate
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Doll Advocate »

20230209_194050.jpg
20230209_194050.jpg (2.3 MiB) Viewed 681 times
Sam40 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:08 pm
Anastasia wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:12 am I've already ordered a head to replace my girls head.
Pitty to read that, what happened to the head of your Anastasia? How old is this head? No chance factory can do a maintenance service? What material is it?

At first I used make up to cover the spots. Make up helps, but needs retouches and at some point it stops looking natural.
I read once about an user who asked to have the eyes of his old dolls head to be implanted in the new head.
I used chartpak markers on her lips and just don't like how they bleed into her tpe.
I have thought hard about how to fix this and a new head would be easiest but if I don't like it .
I'm going to try making a mold of her mouth and recasting new lips and grafting them on .
If I can't do a satisfactory job, then I will have to use a different head but if I can ...........

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi, Sam. I can finally respond to this post now that Erik's identical spare head is in use. The spare head still feels like Erik to me. Maybe even better: because it's new TPE, it feels nice and soft - which means his lips do, too - and it feels SO nice when I kiss him. I'm glad that you eventually felt more comfortable with Jake's spare head and that he still felt like your beloved Jake.

I can relate to your feelings of guilt or feeling like you were betraying him: I've considered getting a completely different head to go with Erik's WM body - but from a different brand. It's an Irontech head that I find really attractive and I wondered if I would feel like I was cheating on Erik while using a different head on his body. But the other face is REALLY cute. And variety is the spice of life. Here's a pic so you can see for yourself:
Irontech head.jpg
Irontech head.jpg (21.64 KiB) Viewed 640 times
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

Sam40

Post by Sam40 »

true_blue22 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:10 am

Hi, Sam. I can finally respond to this post now that Erik's identical spare head is in use. The spare head still feels like Erik to me. Maybe even better: because it's new TPE, it feels nice and soft - which means his lips do, too - and it feels SO nice when I kiss him. I'm glad that you eventually felt more comfortable with Jake's spare head and that he still felt like your beloved Jake.

I can relate to your feelings of guilt or feeling like you were betraying him: I've considered getting a completely different head to go with Erik's WM body - but from a different brand. It's an Irontech head that I find really attractive and I wondered if I would feel like I was cheating on Erik while using a different head on his body. But the other face is REALLY cute. And variety is the spice of life. Here's a pic so you can see for yourself:

Irontech head.jpg
Hey!
I can completely relate to your situation with Erik. Happened the same to me. But now we also learn to be more careful, with Jake's spare head I'm really even more careful, wouldn't want to go through the same issue...well eventually could happen, but I hope not in a long time.

Regarding getting the Irontech head, I've been there. I bought an Irontech head last year and did the switch just to try.... Definitely FOR ME, I don't mean it will happen to you, but for me that was Jake's body and it only worked the whole chemistry only with Jake, so my conclusion was let's build another body for this head. Will start soon...I want that spice too!
But funny ...Jake's spare head made no issue of chemistry with the body when doing the switch. The connection was there...also chemistry and sex was amazing...
Go for it! Enjoy the spice🤪

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi, Sam. Erik's original head is still ok - I decided to get a spare head because I glue eyebrow wigs onto the TPE and they need to completely dry overnight. If the glue hasn't dried properly and I try to change his head, my fingers/thumbs can bump the eyebrows out of position as I'm twisting the head on/off. So I decided that a spare head would be very handy: I have brown eyebrows on his original head to match his brown wigs and the new spare head has blonde eyebrow wigs. When I want to change his look from brown to blonde hair, I can swap heads quickly and easily since they already have the different coloured eyebrows attached.

I'm sorry to hear that the Irontech head didn't work out for you. And I hope that the work on Jake's second body goes well. It's good to hear that you still feel the same chemistry with Jake's spare head on his original body. I'm very, very tempted by that Irontech head - it has a gorgeous face.
:multi: :multi: :multi:
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

zwling
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by zwling »

Hi, may I know where did you find Jake's original head?

Sam40

Post by Sam40 »

zwling wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 2:30 am Hi, may I know where did you find Jake's original head?
Hey there! What u mean with "original head'?

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Sam40 wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:39 am ...
Then I thought this morning...why not built the second body for the first head as soon as he is back from reparation. I love my Jake, so why not live that love fully with two Jakes. They are both Jake. That makes me crazy? Who knows...
But again...loving a doll is not conventional, it is just special.
It seems harder to me to have a connection with two Jakes at the same time than to have one with two heads in succession.

When two heads follow each other there is only one Jake, totally unique, who is the 'awakened' Jake while the other head is simply a latent physical support. Jake's mind shifts from one physical support to the other to bring it to life and give it his personality.

If there are two Jakes at the same time, Jake is no longer unique (at least that's how I feel). There is Jake, and his twin brother, extraordinarily similar but who is another person (so the relationship becomes a three-way relationship > why not? But that changes things). That's my way of seeing things; there are surely others.

Some dolls have changed heads and bodies over time, sometimes for quite different models, keeping their personality. I am thinking in particular of Jenny who lives with Kevin. But I've never seen two dolls that would be the same person at the same time.
Interesting question that stimulates thought. :?: :) :?:
Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

INFORMATIONS