betterlovedoll.com

JDs Corner!

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: JDs Corner!

Post by 4891d »

JustDude wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:05 pm ...
I have to say the one where they're standing was much harder. I had to balance them against each other. Un-posing them was even harder lol. :haha4:
The greatest feat is that the virtuosity and the effort are not visible. We have the impression that they are naturally advancing towards us without you having had to do anything other than press the shutter button of the camera. :thumbs_up: It's bringing dolls to life.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

4891d wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:36 pm
JustDude wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:05 pm ...
I have to say the one where they're standing was much harder. I had to balance them against each other. Un-posing them was even harder lol. :haha4:
The greatest feat is that the virtuosity and the effort are not visible. We have the impression that they are naturally advancing towards us without you having had to do anything other than press the shutter button of the camera. :thumbs_up: It's bringing dolls to life.

Oh man thanks so much D!

Comments like yours really are such a great motivator let me tell you. Plus! You've been following me and my progression since almost the beginning! Thank you so much for sticking with me bro. I really do appreciate you more than you know. Up until now, all you (and others) have seen from me here are phone pics.

I'm happy to announce that I have recently obtained an actual camera! I've been wanting to play with aperture (focus/ blur) for quite a while now and was never ever happy with what the phone camera was doing. A few weeks ago I didn't even know what aperture was, didn't know what a sensor was, nothing. I started to do research and started to know all the terminology, watched a TON of youtube videos and started to learn. Thanks to Leatherman, Mishka, John (aka The Sexy Police lol), Mr Fix It, Jimmy and others I made a choice and went for it!

I got my camera and before even switching it on I read even more. I'd be damned if I'd invest in an expensive camera only for my phone to do a better job! I'm happy to announce that I haven't ever turned that dial to ''auto'' hahhaaa! I did my first shoot and I'd like to think it was a success! I'd like to give a special shout-out to my friend Mishka who sent me some brand specific e-books and youtube recommendations and walked me through the settings. I'll be forever grateful for getting his insights into doll photography, they have helped me in many ways.

As I document my strange but oh so wonderful doll journey to anyone that may be willing to listen, it's my absolute pleasure to introduce to you all the gadget that will be taking pictures that you will see going on forward in my journey. This is a Sony A7 iii body with a Sigma 24-70mm f2.4 lens.

20231010_004425.jpg
20231010_004425.jpg (2.12 MiB) Viewed 547 times

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

I've been trying to improve both my posing and my photography and getting a real camera was the only logical obvious choice.

Here is Elly, my flagship doll, to introduce you to my next chapter in my journey that is doll life!

DSC00083.JPG
DSC00083.JPG (2.01 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00089.JPG
DSC00089.JPG (2.17 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00098.JPG
DSC00098.JPG (11.09 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00122.JPG
DSC00122.JPG (2.58 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00129.JPG
DSC00129.JPG (1.92 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00140.JPG
DSC00140.JPG (8.69 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00142.JPG
DSC00142.JPG (1.46 MiB) Viewed 542 times
DSC00148.JPG
DSC00148.JPG (1.48 MiB) Viewed 542 times

Flight of Fancy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Flight of Fancy »

Very nice! I use a Sony A7 as well, a big step up from my old Olympus. Gotta be 1,000 different settings, however. :haha4:
Sandy isn’t tall (155 cm) but she has a big personality and towers over her 1/6 scale sisters. None of them will ever admit they are dolls.
For more photos of Sandy and her sisters check out their thread: "Sandy's Enchanting World" in the Eye Candy forum.<viewtopic.php?t=154188>

ricardoqdq

Post by ricardoqdq »

Beautiful photos JD! Nice job upping your game. I love that new wig for Elly!
CJ - - - Gabi - - - Kaci

ZONE-D

Canvas
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Canvas »

All the settings on a camera can be hard to work with, you can color me impressed, I remember struggling just to get things to focus when I first started
- viewtopic.php?t=144737 -
🌸 🍒 - Doll Canvas - 🍒 🌸

poppy70
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by poppy70 »

Hi JD congrats to your new gear. Good thing is, you have now full control on the settings, bad thing is you have full control :) But it looks like you really got the hang of it rather quick. Your photos of Elly are great. Love them.

Jo
Poppys girls
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
click on image to go to their thread

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

Flight of Fancy wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:52 pm Very nice! I use a Sony A7 as well, a big step up from my old Olympus. Gotta be 1,000 different settings, however. :haha4:
Many thanks FoF!!

Yeah the setting menu can be a little daunting. Thankfully the camera has many customizable buttons, so once set up you barely need to go into the menus. :thumbs_up:

It's such a great piece of equipment, let me tell'ya!
ricardoqdq wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 10:46 pm Beautiful photos JD! Nice job upping your game. I love that new wig for Elly!
Thanks Ricardo!

I'm glad you like the photos! I agree that wig suits her well! :glou:
Canvas wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:10 pm All the settings on a camera can be hard to work with, you can color me impressed, I remember struggling just to get things to focus when I first started
Thanks Canvas!

I made sure to know (somewhat lol) how to use it before playing around with it. I'm super happy with it and the images I'm able to produce with it! :mrgreen:
poppy70 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:31 am Hi JD congrats to your new gear. Good thing is, you have now full control on the settings, bad thing is you have full control :) But it looks like you really got the hang of it rather quick. Your photos of Elly are great. Love them.

Jo
Thanks so much Jo!

Yeah having better control was what I wanted. Playing with the aperture is fun! I'm glad you like the pictures, I appreciate it! :glou:

WithlovefromBelgium

Post by WithlovefromBelgium »

The group photos are nicely done. We can relaxed watching it. But the owner and photographer has put a lot of work into it. Nice work and well done.

:glou: :multi: :angel:
The adventures of my girls: viewtopic.php?t=157070

Lingerie party:
viewtopic.php?t=157070&start=1699

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

JustDude wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:07 pm ...
I'm happy to announce that I have recently obtained an actual camera!
The rendering is both extremely detailed and soft, very beautiful. :thumbs_up:
Sure, you'll have fun with this camera, especially by playing with the depth of field.
This will magnify what matters most: your lighting, the way you pose the girls and your original framing. A great tool to support your creativity. :)

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

WithlovefromBelgium wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 10:50 am The group photos are nicely done. We can relaxed watching it. But the owner and photographer has put a lot of work into it. Nice work and well done.

:glou: :multi: :angel:
Thanks man!

It's my pleasure to share the photos with you and I'm glad you like them! :glou:
4891d wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 11:49 am
JustDude wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:07 pm ...
I'm happy to announce that I have recently obtained an actual camera!
The rendering is both extremely detailed and soft, very beautiful. :thumbs_up:
Sure, you'll have fun with this camera, especially by playing with the depth of field.
This will magnify what matters most: your lighting, the way you pose the girls and your original framing. A great tool to support your creativity. :)

Thanks so much D!

I'm really enjoying it. Before and after having ordered it I was a little anxious about whether or not I'd like it. I wasn't sure if I'd manage to actually improve my pictures. That's also why I did a lot of research on photography before even having placed the order. I'm glad I went through with it. These things are definitely not cheap but I'm happy with the results so far.

Thanks again my friend! :glou:

john1972
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by john1972 »

Great stuff man.
I knew you could do it..
You already had all the basic info to get you going before you even opened the box lol.

Keep up the good work man :thumbs_up:

Flyer
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Flyer »

Congratulations :angel:

Quality equipment is just as important as our beautiful girls we photograph :multi: :glou:

The shots are really breathtakingly beautiful :eggface:

Great job :!: :!: :!: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

john1972 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:48 am Great stuff man.
I knew you could do it..
You already had all the basic info to get you going before you even opened the box lol.

Keep up the good work man :thumbs_up:
Thanks John! :thumbs_up:

I'm glad you like the pictures and thanks for having faith in me haha. :mrgreen:

JustDude
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by JustDude »

Flyer wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 6:09 am Congratulations :angel:

Quality equipment is just as important as our beautiful girls we photograph :multi: :glou:

The shots are really breathtakingly beautiful :eggface:

Great job :!: :!: :!: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Thanks so much Flyer!

I'm so glad you're enjoying my photos! :glou:

INFORMATIONS