Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Thinking about cancelling my order

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

PersianKat

Re: Thinking about cancelling my order

Post by PersianKat »

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:40 pm Could be but doubt it think they pride themselves with made in the USA. The most recent setback was a disgruntled employee that cause an uproar and took some of the workers with them I guess kinda crazy but they lost a decent amount of employees. Last time I talked to Sam Said the supply issues been resolved now it's understaffed issues and lack of responses is his health stuff but a huge labor budget increase should bring in the workers to knock out the rest of the orders left from 2022 to now and thinking they can even build up some in stock dolls after the queue is caught up so all sounded very promising.
we can all hope that there will one day be a ready to ship section that is truly ready to ship

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Right think the normal ready to ship have been discounted flawed dolls yet still great. But man would be nice to see the 2-3 months like the old days but feel 6-8 like the site says would be fine. Stephanie would be home already if that was the case but would be happy with July August 10-11 month at this point.

anonymousdfuser

Post by anonymousdfuser »

PersianKat wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 4:50 pm
mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:59 pm The silicone supplier is in the usa so idk what a China lockdown would have to do with RD. They lost a bunch of the work force recently and the supply issues right before that so a few unforeseen complications didnt help the Q. But idk if other components are from China that they might use so I dont know. That being said dont mind waiting knew it would be a long time when ordering.
They had a big issue with silicone recently

My guess is the frame components come from China
Could be an issue
The skeleton is made out of PVC, and the joints are made out of aluminum, at least from what I'm told. I assume both aren't terribly difficult to source in the US.
Zelex 170C Inspiration Series

RealDoll Body AA with Harmony head - retired, most likely will sell

anonymousdfuser

mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:40 pm Last time I talked to Sam Said the supply issues been resolved now it's understaffed issues and lack of responses is his health stuff but a huge labor budget increase should bring in the workers to knock out the rest of the orders left from 2022 to now and thinking they can even build up some in stock dolls after the queue is caught up so all sounded very promising.
Sam is awesome, but considering that the non-sales staff cannot be bothered to reply to a simple email that I sent weeks ago, I have no faith in this happening. Not to mention anyone involved with the apps or Realbotix do not reply period.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:12 am
mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 9:40 pm Last time I talked to Sam Said the supply issues been resolved now it's understaffed issues and lack of responses is his health stuff but a huge labor budget increase should bring in the workers to knock out the rest of the orders left from 2022 to now and thinking they can even build up some in stock dolls after the queue is caught up so all sounded very promising.
I am not sure there is anyone home over that realbotix
I emailed them
The app doesn’t work and I need help
One week of crickets so far

Sam is awesome, but considering that the non-sales staff cannot be bothered to reply to a simple email that I sent weeks ago, I have no faith in this happening. Not to mention anyone involved with the apps or Realbotix do not reply period.

anonymousdfuser

PersianKat wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:41 am
anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:12 am
I am not sure there is anyone home over that realbotix
I emailed them
The app doesn’t work and I need help
One week of crickets so far
The app hasn't worked for months. I cannot sign in to use an app to control the robot head that costs multiple thousands of dollars. That's not a good look.

Also worth mentioning is my third SenseX insert recently died, I don't know what happened to the first one, but the second one had a hole in the back of the vagina, which caused water to damage the electronics. The third one has no visible damage, and it charges and my phone detects it. But the sensors themselves don't do anything. I tried to contact Abyss for help and troubleshooting tips, but Jeff only asked me if the charger was working. Took him a week to do that. I said that the charger was working, and I got no reply. Seeing that his "Does the charger work?" message was sent two weeks ago, and I replied to him the same day, I'm not expecting a reply at this point. I've accepted that the SenseX is dead and the main reason I bought the robot head is now no longer available for use. And there is no way I'm spending another $500 for an insert that will stop working within a few months at most.

I sometimes feel that I might be being too harsh on Abyss, but they really need to improve their customer support and communication. This is not acceptable for the amount of money we are spending on these dolls, especially with such glaring issues appearing. I don't expect to be treated like royalty and have Abyss reply to me at a moment's notice, but I expect at least a response within a few days, considering the price they charge for their dolls. I don't care that they are a small company. These dolls are very expensive. If I had bought a $100 blow up doll, then fine, I don't expect any support or help. But these dolls cost as much as a car.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:08 am
mitchrd wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 2:59 pm The silicone supplier is in the usa so idk what a China lockdown would have to do with RD. They lost a bunch of the work force recently and the supply issues right before that so a few unforeseen complications didnt help the Q. But idk if other components are from China that they might use so I dont know. That being said dont mind waiting knew it would be a long time when ordering.

Could be an issue
The skeleton is made out of PVC, and the joints are made out of aluminum, at least from what I'm told. I assume both aren't terribly difficult to source in the US.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

anonymousdfuser wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 2:08 am

Could be an issue
The joints are indeed aluminum discs but they are set into injection molded plastic then inserted into the PVC "bone." The injection molded plastic is the delay likely issue. Since these are parts specific to real dolls this isn't something they can easily source from McMaster and Carr or Grainger.

Here is failed hip joint extracted and replaced when the 2015 injection molded plastic failed due to improper (too fast) cooling. Properly molded hip joints replaced in 2017 are still in place and functional today in Talia.
Tasha hip.JPG
Tasha hip.JPG (2.5 MiB) Viewed 400 times
Tasha Hip parts.JPG
Tasha Hip parts.JPG (92.02 KiB) Viewed 400 times
Tasha hip repair 1.JPG
Tasha hip repair 1.JPG (47.45 KiB) Viewed 400 times
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

anonymousdfuser

TJ_Foxx wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:13 pm The joints are indeed aluminum discs but they are set into injection molded plastic then inserted into the PVC "bone." The injection molded plastic is the delay likely issue. Since these are parts specific to real dolls this isn't something they can easily source from McMaster and Carr or Grainger.

Here is failed hip joint extracted and replaced when the 2015 injection molded plastic failed due to improper (too fast) cooling. Properly molded hip joints replaced in 2017 are still in place and functional today in Talia.

Tasha hip.JPG

Tasha Hip parts.JPG

Tasha hip repair 1.JPG
Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure how exactly RDs are made as I've never had to disassemble one.

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

Thanks for the inside look TJ. I had also wondered what Abyss used since their skeletons sound like they're made out of stuff you'd buy at the hardware store. In the past, I would have said that was a negative aspect, but now I find it kind of endearing. My RD gals creak just like I do! The only joints I've ever had to mess with is the neck on a couple of the gals; just torque adjustments and all was well.
I'm still waiting on the current doll to be built and am resigned to be patient for as long as it takes them. Sorry they're not replying, Jellynuts, I haven't really tried to contact them since I ordered the first doll a few years ago; just waited it out since then. I have had the same no reply problem with other doll makers and vendors, so I guess it's not uncommon.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

"I never say dame; I always say doll..." (Nick Charles)

"Well, she's no fun, she fell right over!" (Nick Danger)

anonymousdfuser

young guy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:44 pm Thanks for the inside look TJ. I had also wondered what Abyss used since their skeletons sound like they're made out of stuff you'd buy at the hardware store. In the past, I would have said that was a negative aspect, but now I find it kind of endearing. My RD gals creak just like I do! The only joints I've ever had to mess with is the neck on a couple of the gals; just torque adjustments and all was well.
I'm still waiting on the current doll to be built and am resigned to be patient for as long as it takes them. Sorry they're not replying, Jellynuts, I haven't really tried to contact them since I ordered the first doll a few years ago; just waited it out since then. I have had the same no reply problem with other doll makers and vendors, so I guess it's not uncommon.
In my experience, you will only get a quick response if you mention that you are going to buy something. Otherwise, you'll be waiting for a week, if they even reply to you. Experiences will vary, but what I wrote is my personal experience.

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: Out here in the fields, I fight for my meals, I get my back into my living

Post by young guy »

I agree but it's kind of funny that if you already bought something, and they've got your money, they'll treat you like you don't really matter. I've had the same experience with home repair contractors too.
"You know, you could be a handy thing to have around the house if a man went broke." (from His Kind of Woman)

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

young guy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:44 pm Thanks for the inside look TJ. I had also wondered what Abyss used since their skeletons sound like they're made out of stuff you'd buy at the hardware store. In the past, I would have said that was a negative aspect, but now I find it kind of endearing. My RD gals creak just like I do! .
:haha4: Like us all!!!

young guy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:44 pm The only joints I've ever had to mess with is the neck on a couple of the gals; just torque adjustments and all was well.
It is important to remember when adjusting the neck, loosen the small Allen screw at the base of the neck FIRST. Tighten the head bolt down, then tighten the smaller Allen screw. You will find the smaller screw inside a block at the base of the neck just under her skull:
IMG_4238.JPG
IMG_4238.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 327 times
Tasha was happy to oblige for science.
young guy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:44 pm I'm still waiting on the current doll to be built and am resigned to be patient for as long as it takes them. Sorry they're not replying, Jellynuts, I haven't really tried to contact them since I ordered the first doll a few years ago; just waited it out since then. I have had the same no reply problem with other doll makers and vendors, so I guess it's not uncommon.
I havent had any significant issues with non-replies. Last year, there was a delay in getting an answer to a question after a few days. The second email got a replay later the same day.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

young guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by young guy »

Yeah, I always forget about that little set screw when changing heads.
As far as the posts in this thread about getting no reply, I can't say anything since I haven't tried to contact them with the current doll order. I had thought about changing the skin tone and perhaps the face before the doll goes into production, but not sure that's really an option with what I see posted here.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

young guy wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 9:19 pm I agree but it's kind of funny that if you already bought something, and they've got your money, they'll treat you like you don't really matter. I've had the same experience with home repair contractors too.
Home repair contractors are a dime a dozen. Good ones are a different story. I hesitate to lump Abyss Creations/Real Doll in with this analogy. While we can't blame the pandemic, supply chain issues and the labor shortages for everything, we cannot discount them either. Working at Real Dolls does not equate to stocking shelves, typical assembly line sorting and packing etc. Each part of making dolls there is a specifically skilled job. It starts with maintaining a clean environment at the right temperature & humidity, assembling the skeleton, placing it in the mold, mixing and tinting the silicone & pouring it into the mold, extracting the doll, making the the areola/nipples and applying them, doing the face make up, sealing and finishing the doll...I have only skimmed over the process. Here is Mike Wilson walking you through the RD in San Diego before the move. You have to click through to YT to watch. *

* I found this one quickly, There are others, in the new facility.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

INFORMATIONS