www.wmdolls.com

Needing advice on my new doll

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
GothicFang

Needing advice on my new doll

Post by GothicFang »

Hello everyone, I’m new here but I’ve been checking out this forum for the past few months.

I recently got a male doll, he’s my first and only one! He’s absolutely incredible, amazing and I cannot fault his design.

But, there’s one major issue with him… he’s so heavy that I can’t move him. He weighs 38kg (but I suspect it to be more) and no matter what I do I cannot shift him.

I brought him to be a cuddle buddy for myself while I deal with my PTSD, anxiety and chronic fatigue syndrome. But all I’ve done so far is hurt my arms and back just trying to lift his arms or legs.
Now I’m not a strong person and I’m a very small woman so I opted for an equally short doll with the lowest weight I could find at the time.
The only way I got him in the house is because my 63 year old mother gave me a hand at the time, and while she’s stronger than me even she cannot lift him.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can move him? Or should I possibly be thinking of trading him for an even lighter model? Perhaps even get him a new home and opt for something else entirely?

Please let me know! Any help is welcome :)

M M

Re: Needing advice on my new doll

Post by M M »

GothicFang wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 8:11 am
Does anyone have any advice on how I can move him? Or should I possibly be thinking of trading him for an even lighter model? Perhaps even get him a new home and opt for something else entirely?

Please let me know! Any help is welcome :)
Hi. Congratulations on your doll. I have a couple dolls around that weight. I am only 5’2 myself and am in the process of learning how to move them around. I do practice just moving them around on occasion. I consider it my daily doll workout routine. I did learn that I am getting stronger though and it gets easier when you find a technique that works for you. For me, it is easiest to move from room to room if they are standing and I squat and bear hug. I do this squat and lift thing a few times just to find my best position on the doll before I even start walking around. I also practice moving the doll in different positions on the bed by bending the legs and finding out which positions can work as a counter balance to help change positions. Another thing that is important is figure out how all of his joints move best. You will feel sore at first as your body gets stronger, but I promise it does get easier.

I recently purchased some satin sheets and pajamas. Have not tried them out yet and an hoping it helps with the sliding. There are also “slide sheets” used by medical professionals to help move people in wheelchairs. Once I figure out my best methods for moving these dolls around I do plan on making a video to help others. Just not quite there yet.

I would not give up on him just yet. The joints will loosen up the more you bend them. What model is he? Keep practicing and know that you are not alone. Us small people have to stick together. :D

Oh and go get a back brace! You will definitely want this.
Dolls:
Jasmine (Jaz) WM 159C / 70
Vivian (V) Irontech 163B / 101
Billy WM 158D / 210
Grant Irontech 170cm / M1
Max Irontech 162cm / M1
Aiden Irontech 162cm / Charles head

Heads:
Hunter WM 78
Xander Irontech M7
Mina & Tina (elves) WM 154 & Irontech 94

More Than Love Dolls - Thread
The Men in My Life - Thread

symmes

Post by symmes »

It's unclear from your post just what type of movement is involved, so some of this may not be relevant; but....

First, if you want to move the doll from one room to another, or from one place to another in a room, a chair with wheels is very helpful. Some people buy actual medical wheelchairs for this purpose, but an office chair with wheels can work, too. It's very helpful if the arms fold down -- note that arms help keep the doll from falling out of the chair. Put the doll in a sitting position (more on that in a moment) and then slide or lift it off the bed and into the chair. Reverse the process when you get it where you want it.

Second, it may be helpful to put the doll into a convenient position before moving it. Don't try to make the doll "sit up" the way a human would; do it by lifting its legs up and then rotating the doll into a sitting position. This will be easier, since you can bend one leg at a time, and lifting/bending each leg is easier than lifting/bending the whole torso. Also, when moving the doll, fold its arms against its chest. This will help keep them out of the way and reduce the risk of damage.

Third, consider clothing or other fabric "helpers," like sheets. Smooth fabrics like satin can help reduce friction and binding when moving a doll; and it may be easier to move a sheet with a doll sitting atop it than to move the doll across the sheet. You can probably get a loose sheet under a doll by bending its legs up, as just described, and balancing it on its tush while you slide the sheet underneath it.

Finally, if the weight is really too much for you to handle, you might look into a fabric doll. These are much lighter and easier to move than TPE or silicone dolls. Unfortunately, offhand I don't know of any male fabric dolls, but maybe you could find one or convince a manufacturer to custom-build a male doll. Teddy Babes and Textile Doll are two manufacturers I know of, but I believe there are others.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

No getting around the weight. TPE and Silicone is just heavy! If you're mainly interested in cuddling, I'd suggest a plush/fabric doll. Can't beat a plush for cuddling. Valentina Girls offers excellent made to order male dolls, that can be customized any way you want.

M M

Post by M M »

Here is a video I found on YouTube that may help.

https://youtu.be/KDnKPzw5nY8

The wheelchair and office chair are wonderful once you can get the doll in a seated position.
Dolls:
Jasmine (Jaz) WM 159C / 70
Vivian (V) Irontech 163B / 101
Billy WM 158D / 210
Grant Irontech 170cm / M1
Max Irontech 162cm / M1
Aiden Irontech 162cm / Charles head

Heads:
Hunter WM 78
Xander Irontech M7
Mina & Tina (elves) WM 154 & Irontech 94

More Than Love Dolls - Thread
The Men in My Life - Thread

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Hi, GothicFang. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble moving your new guy. I had abdominal surgery almost 10 months ago and while recovering I was unable to lift anything heavy - including Erik. So I had to come up with an easier way to move him on/off my bed. Yes, I have a wheelchair - but the arm rests create an obstacle beside the bed. I needed a way to slide him straight from the bed to a chair beside it. I didn't want an office chair with wheels because the wheels don't lock and most of them have arm rests - which also create an obstacle beside the bed. So I came up with an idea to create the chair that I needed. You can find photos of it here: viewtopic.php?t=147308&start=195 You'll have to scroll down past the pics of our anniversary celebration to find it. Please note that I lock the wheels before sliding him onto the chair. I also came up with a way to make my bed while he was still laying on it. You can check out pics of the process here: viewtopic.php?t=152913 I advise that you use a back brace while lifting your doll - even if you think you won't need it. I'm 2 centimetres taller than Erik (he's 160cm) and when he first arrived, I could just manage to lift his full weight a very short distance. (From his wheelchair to the bed and vice versa.) Because he has a loose hip joint and can't stand, he lives on my bed 24/7. I always place another folded sheet (or doona cover) under him so I can pull the sheet and slide him to the middle of my double bed when I'm in the mood for sex. And when we're done, I use the sheet to slide him back to his side of the bed. Edit: I forgot to include the link which shows how I bath Erik on the bed. You can check that out here: viewtopic.php?t=147308&start=210

You stated that you're sure your guy is heavier than his listed weight. I'm curious to know: what brand is he? And how long have you had him? I hope my tips have been helpful.
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Hello GothicFang.
I have experience with male dolls of a wide range of weight. From 5 pounds to 108 pounds.
My TPE males were about 5'2" (160cm), which is also my height. They weigh 38kg/85 pounds as well.
I am also female, although I am in my 40's.
However, I have had 4 abdominal surgeries (2 recent), plus two bad knees and a bad back.

I use a back brace and knee braces when lifting.
I also have a transport wheelchair, a rolling office chair and a traditional wheelchair available.
The key is to lift your doll using the bridal carry. This is where the knees are bent at a 90 degree angle and the legs are also bent at a 90 degree angle at the waist (such as sitting in a chair). You also want your rolling chair right next to wherever he is sitting, so that you do not have to move him far.
If you have someone who can assist you, that is even better.

Best of luck!

By the way, what brand of doll / which head model did you get? I would love to see photos, if you can take them, and I'm sure others here would too!
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll