Heating

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Guitarra
Apprentice
Apprentice

Heating

Post by Guitarra »

Hi everyone!
I would like to share you an idea how to heat up your doll.
I read about owners who has doll with heating system and having issues adv. hands remain cold, much waiting for reach temperature. Some of us using electric blanket and heating pad. I have never tried these because I thought it would be better having some greater mass (liquid or solid) which stores and transfers the heat. These methods above unfortunately do not have a massive store of heat and store it for limited time. I think mass is essential for a fast and accurate heatup.
So I ended up putting my doll on the radiator. No. :) No way!
At last I found the perfect for me. It is for me, because I know we have different location, weather conditions, and possibilities, so heating methods may differ by its owner. This is fillable bag (bag-in-box without box). I doing this method from 2022 autumn, when cold season started, and I live on temperate climate.
Here is a step by step guide to what I do.
1. Buy some fillable bag from the local vinery. Ridiculous cheap (~1 $/pcs.). Measurements: 50× 30 cm/10 liter. ~3 piece of bag can cover a full sized doll.
2. Fill the bags with clear cold water. Do not fill fully, ~ 8 liter will be enough. With that quantity, the bag will get the shape of the doll.
3. Close the bags by placing the plug/tap, leaving no air inside!
4. Place the bags to a warm place. I have radiators in my room, and the heating starts automatically by a thermostat ~after 12. So I place them on the radiator(s) before I go to work in the morning, and at 17 when I arrive I find them fairly warm (above 40°C measured). I got the best result, when the water in the heating system running ~60°C high in this period.
I also tried placing them into my car. Windows up at morning, and leave them for late afternoon. It works, but only on fully sunny days in the hot seasons.
5. Place the bags on your doll, leave it for 1 hour, place a blanket above. Then change doll side and do the same.
Result:
I got a fairly warm body, touchable almost every side. I have a 6ye brand doll, and the heat did not ever damaged or deformed the material. These bags works similar as heating pads, but much cheaper, I recommend everyone, who has similar conditions like me.
I hope you like it!
I am curious, so tell me if you already tried heating like above!
Attachments
step3
step3
IMG_20221227_195054.jpg (306.62 KiB) Viewed 572 times
step5
step5
IMG_20221227_193242.jpg (186.66 KiB) Viewed 572 times
step5
step5
IMG_20221227_182324.jpg (207.21 KiB) Viewed 572 times
step4
step4
IMG_20221227_135725.jpg (172.32 KiB) Viewed 572 times

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Heating

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Interesting and cost effective method for sure. 8) Hope you don´t have a cat beeing left alone when leaving the house. 8O :mrgreen: Did you notice any water or moist condensing on the doll or elsewhere btw? cheers :glou:

Guitarra
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Guitarra »

Hi Ragnar66! I have never saw water coming from the bag or condensing. Moving it always a bit risky, better to keep away from sharp objects adv. furniture edges, cat claws :) . (his first thought would be having a sleep on my nice warm bags I bet, so I let Mr. Gang out) I handle the bags with care, moving slowly, but that’s all. Although not designed to make move day by day, just to store wine or something, after months of use not have leaks on it. When out of use and for emergency situations I hold a closed plastic box near at hand.

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Guitarra wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:33 am Hi Ragnar66! I have never saw water coming from the bag or condensing. Moving it always a bit risky, better to keep away from sharp objects adv. furniture edges, cat claws :) . (his first thought would be having a sleep on my nice warm bags I bet, so I let Mr. Gang out) I handle the bags with care, moving slowly, but that’s all. Although not designed to make move day by day, just to store wine or something, after months of use not have leaks on it. When out of use and for emergency situations I hold a closed plastic box near at hand.
Thanks! 8) So we´ve quite a couple of (good) ideas and means to get and keep our gals (and guys) warm. One just got to choose a prefered method. :) Wishing a happy new year! :glou:

MourningWood

Post by MourningWood »

That bag of water on the radiator pic makes me a bit worried, stay safe friend!

I use a heated blanket but need something more powerful. Have you thought about using those thick pink rubber heating pad bottles? I don't see them much anymore but they were popular when I was a kid. Might be safer and less tear resistant than those.

Anonymouser
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by Anonymouser »

Good idea!

bikerbob
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by bikerbob »

what if you connected the bags with tubing and "t"s to a container that would stay on radiator to make more of a heat transfer system similar to an engine ?

Stocking_Hunter

Post by Stocking_Hunter »

MourningWood wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:23 pm That bag of water on the radiator pic makes me a bit worried, stay safe friend!

I use a heated blanket but need something more powerful. Have you thought about using those thick pink rubber heating pad bottles? I don't see them much anymore but they were popular when I was a kid. Might be safer and less tear resistant than those.
Hot water bottles? They are still available but mostly replaced by heating pads for menstrual pain.

INFORMATIONS