Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Questions about Realdoll after ordering

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Questions about Realdoll after ordering

Post by jellynuts13 »

Hi everyone, first off I want to wish you all a merry Christmas and hope you're all enjoying the holiday season :D.

I just had some questions for current Realdoll owners, and those that have a current order that they're waiting on.

The first one I wanted to ask is if Realdoll send photos of the finished dolls before shipping them out? I know they probably do, since that seems to be the standard practice for all doll manufactures but I just wanted to clarify.

The other question is specifically for other people who might have a pending order. I was wondering if they could possibly share when they ordered and the time frame they were given. I ordered mine in July 23rd 2022, and was told 9 to 11 months beforehand by Sam, however I don't know if that's changed at all.

I've tried reaching out to Realdoll by contacting Sam directly over two weeks ago. I sent him a couple of emails but I'm yet to get a response from him. I also sent a message a couple of days ago through the contact form on their website and received a reply from Jeff who told me Sam was the best one to answer my questions. (Thanks Jeff, but Sam isn't replying to my emails) :haha4:

I don't really want to make a nuisance of myself by constantly emailing them because I know that probably gets irritating after awhile, but since I spent so much money I feel it's pretty reasonable to expect a response from them in a more timely fashion. I understand that we're in a busy time of the year, and people are taking holidays and all the rest of it but the questions I asked aren't that difficult to answer and just giving me a little a update from to time goes a long way. It's nice to have a bit of peace of mind, especially after spending so much money on something.

Anyway, sorry this turned into a bit of a rant, but I'm hoping since I can't get answers from Abyss themselves if someone here can help me out.

Take care everyone, and stay safe over the holiday period.

mitchrd

Re: Questions about Realdoll after ordering

Post by mitchrd »

They have still been dealing with the silicone supply issue as of last week but it's possible they receive it this Tuesday or later in the week and from my place in the queue compared to when you ordered I'm guessing yours could start the process late February or March best case by the sounds of my last email.

TJ_Foxx
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by TJ_Foxx »

Sam is wearing multiple hats and will get to you. Sending more emails doesn't necessarily help. It is nothing personal, he just has a huge queue to deal with.
TJ_Foxx
Tasha Petite 3 Sky
Talia Petite 3 Dark Sky

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 12:35 am They have still been dealing with the silicone supply issue as of last week but it's possible they receive it this Tuesday or later in the week and from my place in the queue compared to when you ordered I'm guessing yours could start the process late February or March best case by the sounds of my last email.
Ah that makes sense. Hopefully they get the silicone supply sorted out. That's would be a pleasant surprise if they could start the process with my doll that soon. In saying that, I'm prepared to wait the 9 to 11 months. The last thing I would want is them to rush my doll and have defects. I would rather they take their time with it.

Speaking of which, do they typically email photos of the doll before shipping it out? As I mentioned before, I'm sure they do, but just wanted to get some confirmation from someone who has bought from them before.
TJ_Foxx wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:19 am Sam is wearing multiple hats and will get to you. Sending more emails doesn't necessarily help. It is nothing personal, he just has a huge queue to deal with.
Yeah, I understand it's nothing personal. However, the wait time is brutal enough and having a bit of communication in the mean time can make all the difference with alleviating the stress. I'll feel much better once he gets back to me I'm sure.

I figured sending multiple emails would be pointless since they seem to taking forever to get to the first one.

mitchrd

Post by mitchrd »

Thursdays and Fridays are the best days to reach out to him also that timline would be starting production in 8 months and be around the 9 month minimum he mentioned to you to be finished plus they won't ever rush and send out a doll not up to their high standard.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

mitchrd wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:37 pm Thursdays and Fridays are the best days to reach out to him also that timline would be starting production in 8 months and be around the 9 month minimum he mentioned to you to be finished plus they won't ever rush and send out a doll not up to their high standard.
I might try again around that time. I live in Australia so I can only really reach out to them by email, or through the contact form on the website.

Despite the lack of communication, I do still have a lot of confidence that they're going to deliver a stunning doll. I guess because this is my first one I've ever ordered, I don't have the same experience with the waiting around, and not hearing anything as those that have been long time customers.

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

They don't send pictures, or at least didn't for Traceter.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

raysmod wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 7:52 pm They don't send pictures, or at least didn't for Traceter.
I suppose they they have their reasons for not sending photos before shipping the doll out, but it's still a bit strange considering the other doll makers do. I just assumed it was a standard practice for all doll brands.

Ah well, I guess the plus side is it will be more of a surprise if the first time I see my doll is when I'm looking at her in person. :)

ZZ48UUP
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by ZZ48UUP »

Hi jellynuts.

As mentioned Realdoll doesn't send photos prior to shipping. When she finally arrives and you're about to see her for the first time, close your eyes and pull the plastic from the staples in the crate. Once the plastic is removed, film yourself when you see her for the first time. This was suggested from another Realdoll owner on another thread and I am glad I took that advice. You will catch a level of astonishment on your face that you would not have predicted.

Sam is great with his customer service but he is both over worked and NOT in the production process. What I am trying to tactfully dance around about saying is that when he suggests your doll is going into production may not be as accurate as you would think.

It's much better going into the process if you just say to yourself that it's going to be a 10 & 1/2 month wait rather than think it's down to 6 months and get frustrated when it exceeds that time period.

As someone much wiser than I told me (AH) in reference to the wait on another manufacturer (that cannot be mentioned on TDF), just make sure you have another doll to play with and occupy your time during the wait.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

From my experience doll #1 you don't get a final picture they just ship her
you get a ship confirmation and delivery instructions

I'm waiting for doll #2 BodyX D right now
Sam called and emailed me about the delays
Silicone and robot head shortages I'm at 13 months waiting

There is a shipping indicator or the box if its not in the happy range inspect or reject the shipment

raysmod
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by raysmod »

There are email notifications from Abyss; like "In Creation" and then three or four weeks after; "In Makeup Chair" and following that a month later, approximately, your doll is shipped. However, those details are in 2020. Events have elengated this process. It took me nine months from order date of November 27th/28th 2019 till August 3rd 2020 to get Traceter. That was in the middle of Covid. Waits now are much longer. I'm in New Zealand, but shipping delays weren't too bad.
Traceter and me have bonded. It happened quite magically when I looked into her eyes about 8 0'clock this evening; 12th August 2020. She looked at me, and even seem to regard me. No longer did she look through me or past me. Just like in AI, Traceter has imprinted herself on me. And how I welcome, SO MUCH, this!

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

ZZ48UUP wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 pm Hi jellynuts.

As mentioned Realdoll doesn't send photos prior to shipping. When she finally arrives and you're about to see her for the first time, close your eyes and pull the plastic from the staples in the crate. Once the plastic is removed, film yourself when you see her for the first time. This was suggested from another Realdoll owner on another thread and I am glad I took that advice. You will catch a level of astonishment on your face that you would not have predicted.

Sam is great with his customer service but he is both over worked and NOT in the production process. What I am trying to tactfully dance around about saying is that when he suggests your doll is going into production may not be as accurate as you would think.

It's much better going into the process if you just say to yourself that it's going to be a 10 & 1/2 month wait rather than think it's down to 6 months and get frustrated when it exceeds that time period.

As someone much wiser than I told me (AH) in reference to the wait on another manufacturer (that cannot be mentioned on TDF), just make sure you have another doll to play with and occupy your time during the wait.
Yeah, I feel sorry for Sam being so overworked. It's not his fault, and I suppose he'll reply when he replies. In the meantime I do appreciate the information I'm getting here.

Haha I normally don't like taking pictures of myself or being filmed but I might just make an exception when my doll arrives. :)

When Sam told me 9 to 11 months, I immediately assumed 11 months, and still think it may be that long or longer. I hope not longer. With them being backed up with so many orders, supply issues, and the whole having only 12 people making them I can easily see why it's taking so long. That's never been the issue with me, it's the lack of communication in the meantime that irritates me. I know it's not Sam's fault though.

Unfortunately I don't have another doll, but I can probably still occupy myself in the meantime.
PersianKat wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:21 pm From my experience doll #1 you don't get a final picture they just ship her

There is a shipping indicator or the box if its not in the happy range inspect or reject the shipment
Wow! 13 months? :o Dude, I thought 11 months was long. I really hope you get your doll soon, you've been waiting much longer than me.
raysmod wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:32 pm There are email notifications from Abyss; like "In Creation" and then three or four weeks after; "In Makeup Chair" and following that a month later, approximately, your doll is shipped. However, those details are in 2020. Events have elengated this process. It took me nine months from order date of November 27th/28th 2019 till August 3rd 2020 to get Traceter. That was in the middle of Covid. Waits now are much longer. I'm in New Zealand, but shipping delays weren't too bad.
Ah I see, yeah mine might be the full 11 months as they're still probably playing catch up from the backlog.

KKFun

Post by KKFun »

I waited 11 months for my robotic head RD back in 2020. But recently I have had other brands too, which took 4-6 weeks from order to doorstep.

jellynuts13, hope you get your RD soon, we assume you knew the situation before placing the order though. We will help you when you receive your RD in terms of dressing, maintenance etc.

jellynuts13
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by jellynuts13 »

KKFun wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:57 pm I waited 11 months for my robotic head RD back in 2020. But recently I have had other brands too, which took 4-6 weeks from order to doorstep.

jellynuts13, hope you get your RD soon, we assume you knew the situation before placing the order though. We will help you when you receive your RD in terms of dressing, maintenance etc.
I appreciate that.

I'm sure the hassle will be worth it when the doll finally arrives.

PersianKat

Post by PersianKat »

jellynuts13 wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:53 pm
ZZ48UUP wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:33 pm Hi jellynuts.

Yeah, I feel sorry for Sam being so overworked. It's not his fault, and I suppose he'll reply when he replies. In the meantime I do appreciate the information I'm getting here.

Haha I normally don't like taking pictures of myself or being filmed but I might just make an exception when my doll arrives. :)

When Sam told me 9 to 11 months, I immediately assumed 11 months, and still think it may be that long or longer. I hope not longer. With them being backed up with so many orders, supply issues, and the whole having only 12 people making them I can easily see why it's taking so long. That's never been the issue with me, it's the lack of communication in the meantime that irritates me. I know it's not Sam's fault though.

Unfortunately I don't have another doll, but I can probably still occupy myself in the meantime.
PersianKat wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:21 pm From my experience doll #1 you don't get a final picture they just ship her

Wow! 13 months? :o Dude, I thought 11 months was long. I really hope you get your doll soon, you've been waiting much longer than me.
raysmod wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:32 pm There are email notifications from Abyss; like "In Creation" and then three or four weeks after; "In Makeup Chair" and following that a month later, approximately, your doll is shipped. However, those details are in 2020. Events have elengated this process. It took me nine months from order date of November 27th/28th 2019 till August 3rd 2020 to get Traceter. That was in the middle of Covid. Waits now are much longer. I'm in New Zealand, but shipping delays weren't too bad.
Ah I see, yeah mine might be the full 11 months as they're still probably playing catch up from the backlog.
It’s a lot easier to wait since I already have one
At the same time it’s harder I know what I’m missing

INFORMATIONS