Starpery.com

DIY rolling doll rack

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Upper_Object
Active Poster
Active Poster

DIY rolling doll rack

Post by Upper_Object »

Originally, I was thinking of storing my doll under my bed. First in her original box, then later a sliding drawer that I wanted to make. Well, I underestimated her breasts :lol: and my bed ended up being a couple inches too short. Thankfully I recognized this before starting any fabrication.

I put together this rolling rack for the interim as I redesign the drawer. I used 2x4s, a bit of chain and a spare length of pipe that I had on hand. I bought the casters at a big box hardware store while there on other business. All in all, it was a fairly economical build.

I made a real boner of a mistake when I did not account for the length of the S hook. I should have been more cautious in my design. As a result, her feet are a couple inches too low. To keep her feet from hitting the cross beam, I have to keep her hips and knees slightly bent. I think I might be able to remedy this by placing the bottom cross piece under the other two 2x4s.

I wish I had the extra money to build a rolling rack out of pipe, but it is cost prohibitive right now.
Attachments
dollrackcensored.jpg
dollrackcensored.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 507 times

Photo_guy
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: DIY rolling doll rack

Post by Photo_guy »

Very cool. I like it!
Every day is a good day, some are just better than others. - RJD
Jo- WM 167 H Cup Fitness Model
Amber- (Shared Body) Head #266

Stacy
Five Card Draw

DarkMind1982

Post by DarkMind1982 »

Nice construction. I approve. :lol:
I'd like to suggest drilling a hole in the top beam so that a turnbuckle with a hook and ring can fit through. You can put this hook from the photo into the ring, and hang the doll by the lanyard hook.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

Nicely done! πŸ“πŸ”¨ :thumbs_up:

BRAVO! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Cheers! :glou:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

soonpk
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by soonpk »

Well done. Looks great.
My Doll Photo Thread: viewtopic.php?t=162724 Check it out

Kuehlschrank
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Kuehlschrank »

Thats a usefull transport! Maybe the higher middle part can be used to hold the feet in place while transporting.
Put a rubber band across the feet and behind the middle wood bar, to hold the feet in place.
Would stop the doll from swinging and touching the other wood bars with her arms and hands.

SimonSays7
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by SimonSays7 »

Nice simple design and build. Well done!

Upper_Object
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Upper_Object »

Kuehlschrank wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:42 pm Thats a usefull transport! Maybe the higher middle part can be used to hold the feet in place while transporting.
Put a rubber band across the feet and behind the middle wood bar, to hold the feet in place.
Would stop the doll from swinging and touching the other wood bars with her arms and hands.
I like it! I can put a bit of padding on the middle wood bar also. While I move her I do have to be careful about her swinging around too much. Thanks for the good idea!

Upper_Object
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Upper_Object »

DarkMind1982 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:54 am Nice construction. I approve. :lol:
I'd like to suggest drilling a hole in the top beam so that a turnbuckle with a hook and ring can fit through. You can put this hook from the photo into the ring, and hang the doll by the lanyard hook.
I've never used a turnbuckle before and had to Google it. I like this idea quite a bit. Do you think the 2x4 would be okay with the weight and a hole through it? Do you think using the pipe on top was unnecessary to begin with? My girl weighs right around 100lbs.

Upper_Object
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Upper_Object »

SimonSays7 wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:32 pm Nice simple design and build. Well done!
soonpk wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 12:03 pm Well done. Looks great.
gogodolls wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:35 am Nicely done! πŸ“πŸ”¨ :thumbs_up:

BRAVO! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Photo_guy wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:57 pm Very cool. I like it!
Photo_guy wrote: ↑Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:57 pm Very cool. I like it!
Thank you so much for the kind words :) It made my day!

Kuehlschrank
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Kuehlschrank »

Pad the vertical bars too maybe, just to be sure. If you carry the doll out of that frame, you might touch the wooden bars.
if you put a white blanket across the wooden frame, its even dust covered. Going to build something like that myself for transport and storage!
Thanks for the inspiration!

btw, the weels got brakes? Would try to have at least 2 wheels that you can brake, might be hard to carry the doll out of the frame, when the frame can accidentially move.
Calls for accidents :)

DarkMind1982

Post by DarkMind1982 »

Upper_Object wrote: ↑Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:37 pm I've never used a turnbuckle before and had to Google it. I like this idea quite a bit. Do you think the 2x4 would be okay with the weight and a hole through it? Do you think using the pipe on top was unnecessary to begin with? My girl weighs right around 100lbs.
I'm not sure I understand the meaning of "2x4", but such a short piece of board (if I'm not mistaken 40-50mm thick / 100mm wide) can easily support the weight of an adult. You can check it yourself by hanging on it without that extra pipe. The hole in the middle for threading the lanyard (up to 1/3 of board width) through the board will not reduce the bearing capacity much.
You can choose any lanyard, as long as the hook fits into the ring and the eyebolt sits completely on the lanyard.
(google translate kills me... :deadhorse: )

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by gogodolls »

DarkMind1982 wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:45 am I'm not sure I understand the meaning of "2x4"...
...means 2 inches thick by 4 inches wide (This is a standard measurement of a piece of lumber... in Canada and USA) :wink:
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

DarkMind1982

Post by DarkMind1982 »

gogodolls wrote: ↑Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:29 am ...means 2 inches thick by 4 inches wide (This is a standard measurement of a piece of lumber... in Canada and USA) :wink:
Sorry, i used to metric units. :mrgreen:
It turns out that this is a board 50x100. If it is not made of sawdust, then it will withstand a fairly significant weight.

crazedcat
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by crazedcat »

:thumbs_up: Looks great fantastic job
Twitter: https://twitter.com/sillyconeman
TAYU 148D+
TAYU 158C+
TAYU 170E
MLW 148B silicone

INFORMATIONS