Starpery.com

Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Gaijira
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Post by Gaijira »

I've been using a Biddeford Sherpa electric blanket to heat up my doll for months without any issue. Unfortunately, last night I accidentally had the heat up way too high (set it to 9 when I was half asleep and then passed out). Also, I hadn't read the sage advice here to always keep a layer between the electric blanket and the doll, not to lay the doll on the blanket, check for hot spots periodically, etc. I've been doing it wrong for months without incident (in hindsight I guess it was dumb luck), but this morning I woke up to find pretty severe damage imprinted from a hot spot on the sherpa side of the blanket.

I don't own a heat gun or anything, but I was hoping there might be a way to smooth out the TPE using the blanket again, using the mink side, with a smooth flat cloth between? Or is that likely to make the deformation worse? Is there a better way to repair her?
PXL_20221126_231828299.MP.jpg
PXL_20221126_231828299.MP.jpg (3.75 MiB) Viewed 1055 times

Siliconeman
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Damaged TPE doll from electric blanket

Post by Siliconeman »

She is a sorry sight.

Damage is so extensive that you will need a big flat heater to treat her skin. Maybe wide electric foam cutter blade.

Cheers!

Sili

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Sorry to hear this happened to her.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

Gaijira
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Gaijira »

Siliconeman wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:37 pm She is a sorry sight.

Damage is so extensive that you will need a big flat heater to treat her skin. Maybe wide electric foam cutter blade.

Cheers!

Sili
You mean an aquarium heater? I see one on Amazon that's 15 watts, the more powerful ones I'm seeing aren't flat. Aren't aquarium heaters only meant to heat a lot of water a very small amount?

What would I need the foam cutter blade for? Sorry for so many questions...

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Dominique-n-Splash »

I would put Vaseline on the burns and let it soak in. Some of the TPE may rebound. I would check out the real doll doctors who have dealt with accidently burned dolls.
:B-fly:

A lion does not care about the opinion of a 100 sheep.

Gaijira
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Gaijira »

Dominique-n-Splash wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:16 pm I would put Vaseline on the burns and let it soak in. Some of the TPE may rebound. I would check out the real doll doctors who have dealt with accidently burned dolls.
Thanks, I did put Vaseline on the area. It seems like a good amount of TPE has melted into the impression of the blanket material, but it's still as soft as normal. Is there somewhere on this site I can check out those doctors' tips?

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Let me go find them and write them down. I will be back!

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

hi Gaijira,

I get distracted easily...

I would Personal Message Mishka1965, Reverend Jack, and/or Morghana (Muesky) or find one of their threads and quote them.

There is also a good reference collection at https://www.finelovedolls.com/forums/ho ... tpe-dolls/

There are also some good youtube videos. I saw this guy with an IR Temp gun and a heat gun do phenomenal repairs you could hardly see. This may apply to you...read on.

I think after restoring the TPE as much as possible (oiling), tve next step would be something called smoothing. There are different methods of smoothing, one with a heat gun and IR Temp gun and a second with a spoon and a third with chemicals (TPE solvent/glue). If you are not in a hurry or start and decide to wait, Splash is going to do a lot of experimentation and practice all of the three methods and then operate on me mid-December. I will know more then.

All I have for now, but you can easily get overwhelmed.
My heart goes out to you for your dolly, it will be okay.

Love Dominique :plaidskirt: 8)

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

The last part of the address is /how-to-repair-TPE-dolls/

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

When TPE texture or shape is changed by heat, there is no "rebound" I'm sorry.
Think of the thigh as a candle, the wax of that candle has been softened and has deformed, and is now cool. Candles don't unmelt, and neither will your doll.
So what can we do now?
I sincerly recommend against solvents at this point. I recommend starting with a heat gun a digital thermometer, and a steel spoon. Insulate the handle of the spoon so that the spoon part can get hot as hell and it won't burn your fingers.
In short here's what you will be doing,
1) choose a small spot to start with, a spot that includes a high spot and. Low spot, say 4 inches by 4 inches.
2) mineral oil that spot up real well, sloppy wet.
3) warm the area with the heat gun to around 70c to 100c
4) heat the spoon to fucking hot, 200c to 250c yeah, it might glow
5) now the art part, pass the spoon over the TPE just barely brushing the high spots. These high points should soften and move, the oil is helping distribute the heat so keep it sloppy oiled. If it's not working after a few passes either heat the spoon to a higher temp and/or increase spoon contact with the TPE.

Here's the theory, at 100c the TPE is almost malleable. The heat from the spoon heats the TPE and oil to just under 200c where it will turn soft and will flow with the oil and gentle pressure to find a "level" filling in the low areas and then cooling quickly back to a solid as the spoon heat pulls away.
Muesky uses a blow torch to heat her spoons, but she has fucking mad skills we mere humans don't always have.

If Muesky or Mischka or Wheezer tell you to do something different then listen to them, not me. I listen to them, they are Hella skilled and Hella experienced. I have not fixed a melt of this extent, only smaller areas.
Take it slow, stay calm, and keep us all in the loop on your progress. Keep questions and updates in this thread.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

RevJack wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:49 am When TPE texture or shape is changed by heat, there is no "rebound" I'm sorry.
Think of the thigh as a candle, the wax of that candle has been softened and has deformed, and is now cool. Candles don't unmelt, and neither will your doll.
So what can we do now?
I sincerly recommend against solvents at this point. I recommend starting with a heat gun a digital thermometer, and a steel spoon. Insulate the handle of the spoon so that the spoon part can get hot as hell and it won't burn your fingers.
In short here's what you will be doing,
1) choose a small spot to start with, a spot that includes a high spot and. Low spot, say 4 inches by 4 inches.
2) mineral oil that spot up real well, sloppy wet.
3) warm the area with the heat gun to around 70c to 100c
4) heat the spoon to fucking hot, 200c to 250c yeah, it might glow
5) now the art part, pass the spoon over the TPE just barely brushing the high spots. These high points should soften and move, the oil is helping distribute the heat so keep it sloppy oiled. If it's not working after a few passes either heat the spoon to a higher temp and/or increase spoon contact with the TPE.

Here's the theory, at 100c the TPE is almost malleable. The heat from the spoon heats the TPE and oil to just under 200c where it will turn soft and will flow with the oil and gentle pressure to find a "level" filling in the low areas and then cooling quickly back to a solid as the spoon heat pulls away.
Muesky uses a blow torch to heat her spoons, but she has fucking mad skills we mere humans don't always have.

If Muesky or Mischka or Wheezer tell you to do something different then listen to them, not me. I listen to them, they are Hella skilled and Hella experienced. I have not fixed a melt of this extent, only smaller areas.
Take it slow, stay calm, and keep us all in the loop on your progress. Keep questions and updates in this thread.

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jack,

You are the man!!!

Love Dominique

Dominique-n-Splash
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Gaijira,

One thing I forgot to mention, TPE dolls are a teeny bit dangerous. Make sure you have a fan (better an outside vent, but that is not happening) to blow away and disperse the molten TPE fumes just in case it gets hot enough for fumes. The fumes are just a little toxic, no big deal, just like you do not mix bleach and Comet in a small enclosed room.

Love D.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Did someone accidentally mix bleach and Comet in a small enclosed room? 8O

homersexual

Post by homersexual »

100% what RevJack said. I would add from my own newbie experience that whatever you try with heat you will want to practice on something else, like the insert and be very very patient. I've been trying to do a full genital reconstruction with my own doll and while it's coming along, some things take a lot of time (granted it's a more complex procedure).

Watch, re-watch, and learn from the aforementioned people's videos, and realize their skill came with loads of practice, so they can make some of the repairs look easy but there's no doubting they have experienced hands. I also recommend a mask as well when working with any melting with a heat gun. I live in a tiny apartment so I have a setup I use where I'm venting smoke and fumes directly outside, but I still use a respirator cartridge mask.

I feel for your situation and I hope you are able to salvage your doll.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

An alternative is to develop a Deadpool fetish and put her back on the blanket.

Yeah, I 'm ashamed, I just can't help it.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS