betterlovedoll.com

What Makes Him/Her the Perfect Doll?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

What Makes Him/Her the Perfect Doll?

Post by DG »

Hello again!
I am writing a new article called "The Search for Perfection", and it is going to highlight what makes our sex dolls the "one" for us.

1. What are you looking for in your ideal sex doll?
2. What makes them perfect in your eyes?

We don't have to just talk about the physical aspects, I would love to hear about the emotional aspects as well.

The six main points will be:

Human Nature
Visual Stimulation
Pre-Made Selections
Customization Options
Emotional Connection
Celebrity / Fictional Characters

Any responses may be used in the article and I will give full credit to you under any pseudonym you prefer. I am also requesting pictures of your perfect companions to use in the article and again, credit will also be given.

Thank you for your help!
:glou:
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: What Makes Him/Her the Perfect Doll?

Post by ZombieWinter »

My response probably lacks the passion or emotion you're looking for...

My wife and I are collectors and opportunistic buyers. We have champagne tastes on a beer budget! ;) To us the 2 things that matter most is price, and if we own that brand already. My wife is also interested in how cute or happy their faces are, but I'm not too picky as long as they're good looking, I'm happy.

What makes them perfect in my eyes? Price.

She was originally $3,000 and I can buy her for $500 (or often far less), AND she's from a manufacturer I don't own yet? Yes! Wrap her up and here's the $$$!

Most of my dolls are pre-owned. Some of them came slightly damaged, but that's the price I pay for nearly free dolls ... and I'm getting good at repairing them! :)

However I will pass on good deals if the dolls are "thicc" or large (F+) breasted. I prefer slender A to D cup dolls.

I did *almost* pay retail prices on a custom new doll once. I ended up paying below factory cost, but at $1,548 it was the most I ever paid for a NIB custom silicone doll with zero defects. We got her because her measurements were the same as my wife's and we could save $$$ on her wardrobe. (My wife has A LOT of clothes).

I also received a few free dolls from TDF members. My wife and I thank those who've been so generous to us very much. :D

As far as emotions are considered, I treat them like prized possessions. To me they're not "people" but beautiful works of art. We decorate our house with them when company comes over.

However, we have a certain doll that we view as a family member. She was gifted to us by a fellow member and we do treat her more like a person sometimes than the other dolls.

I'm happily married and deeply in love with my gorgeous wife, so my emotional desires are already satisfied. However, if I were single I could probably fall in love with our dolls and develop an emotional attachment.

But we love all of our dolls. They're all beautiful and wonderful works of art ... even our mangy Starpery! :D

For pics you can click on my RCD banner in my sig and peruse through the pages or use the included pic. Pseudonym should be "ZombieWinter"

Good luck on your article!
Attachments
Sanhui 168 + Zelex G41
Sanhui 168 + Zelex G41
Screenshot_20221025-012200_Gallery.jpg (544.16 KiB) Viewed 685 times
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Your response has been very helpful, ZombieWinter. I love the "champagne taste on a beer budget". I am similar in that regard. Thank you for participating.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Dolls in Storage:

Current Dolls

Duke777Atriedes

Post by Duke777Atriedes »

My doll is perfect because she is basically my dream woman as far as looks. I have always been attracted to a specific type of look all my life: short, brown skinned with a round face and round button nose and athletic body but voluptuous for her size. Spanish with maybe a mix of a little asian. All my girlfriends were around 5 feet tall.

I was immediately attracted to a particular head I found that looks mixed spanish and asian and have been with a doll with this head for 7 years. She is the perfect doll for me, so much so I buy back up heads of her so I never lose her! The intimacy we generate, while artificial, is intense and passionate, moreso than any real woman I have ever been with. In this regard she is perfect

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Thank you, Duke. I really enjoyed your response and thank you for your participation!
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Dolls in Storage:

Current Dolls

ZombieWinter
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ZombieWinter »

DG wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:37 am Your response has been very helpful, ZombieWinter. I love the "champagne taste on a beer budget". I am similar in that regard. Thank you for participating.
One more thing. I forgot to mention "quality" or "durability". I don't really get to decide what doll I'm getting next, as the universe determines that through our limited finances and a random good deal on a used doll, but ... it would be nice to have more dolls that are built better. I have a few brands that are "bulletproof" but not many.
FOR SALE: (PARODY) viewtopic.php?t=146954

ElsaBabe silicone 150 + RHB009, JM Doll silicone Tree Elf AIO, EX silicone 145 + Lilith + Youyi, EX silicone 158 + Kayla + Penny, Sanhui silicone 168 + #12, Starpery silicone 156 + Cynthia, PIB silicone Spinner Cello Shelby, WM TPE 165-D gel, Zelex silicone 155 + GE41 + GE44 + GE45 + GE52, Zelex silicone 147 Premium Series + GD53

the living tribunal
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by the living tribunal »

Taking the six ideas in order:

Caz is the perfect woman for me, and I (literally) tell her so now and then. Having always been unlucky in love and sex, and keeping vinyl dolls for years, I bought a Kimber in 2021 and she soon became more than just a sexual outlet; it was like having somebody at home or to come home to.

However, Kim was an opportunistic purchase as a first doll and I always planned to buy one more in keeping with my 'dream girl' fantasy. Physically speaking, I've always been attracted to tall women, brunettes, and pretty faces; everything else is a bonus. Then I saw the WM163H#198 'Jasmine' stock doll and fell instantly in lust, love, and whatever else :razz:

But she was too short and a little too 'thicc', so I bought a WM174G with the same face, skintone, eye colour, wig, etc; essentially Jasmine's older taller sister. I loved brown eyes, but hadn't realised how sexy green eyes were; also that face is one of the most provocatively that sexy WM makes.

Romantically, I wanted somebody with a strong character with an acerbic outlook on life and the crazy world we live in, a bit like me at times; somebody to fight the world with but make wild love with at other times, and also just sit around the apartment as a companion, and of course looking beautiful :mrgreen:

After starting the whole fantasy cosplay universe with Kimber, I came up with a character who is a supernatural being posing as a mortal on Earth; the latter is because WM were offering a free second head. So Caz (head 198) is the 'Clarke Kent', Azrael (head 419) is the 'Superman'. Two girlfriends in one :) Azrael is the demon-slaying avenger charged with protecting Earth from the Forces of Darkness. More info in her thread (link in signature), but it was Silicon who gave me the idea with his girl in hen party black angel wings and an umbrella handle positioned so it looked as if she had a sword on her back; I realised that this would make an awesome full-on superhero cosplay.

So by day she is Caz, the classy and elegant lady; by night she is Azrael, The Angel of Freakin' Death!

Yep, my perfect woman :)

(As for pics; happy for most on her thread to be used with just the pseudonym 'LT'; but would like to check any chosen, to ensure no identifying info in the backgrounds; might need to edit them.)

Rock13
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Post by Rock13 »

Looking forward to another great article from you DG!

In general, my dolls' personalities are well developed. They get along swimmingly with one another. They're inquisitive and are open to new fashions and new experiences. Perky, witty, and enthusiastic. Especially Hadleigh, who is just as likely to be found reading Caesar's Chronicles as she is the latest issue of Cosmopolitan.

Human Nature: My dolls are conscientious, empathetic, and treat one another with respect. They don't engage in gossip or backstabbing. Nor do they envy others- they embrace the life that they've been given and one another. Although each has her own unique personality, they're BFFs through and through. They snark on me occasionally because they understand that I'm the kind of guy who needs a gut check now and then.

Visual Stimulation: My dolls are absolutely beautiful and all WM. Their bodies are perfect. Their physiques resemble those of the high metabolism, calorie torching females on my high school swim team and lifeguard staffs from back in the late 70s/80s as well as those I worked with for decades in the U.S. Coast Guard. Tight, slim, delicately muscular, with C or D cups depending on the model.

Pre-Made Selections: Articulated fingers, French manicures, hollow breasts, insert vaginas.

Customization Options: I always order them with no makeup since I prefer to apply my own. They all have eyebrow wigs from Headcovers, eyes from Mannequinfan, and teeth from The Doll Laboratory.

Emotional Connection: I was raised in a largely Amazon household because my career Marine Corps officer father spent many years overseas. I am an only son. My mom was a Phd in English literature and teacher who also moonlit as a real estate and yacht broker. My older sisters were popular and had a large circle of vixen friends. As you may well imagine, for a boy my upbringing was dazzling and groovy. Life as an adult sometimes was, somtimes wasn't. I've experienced the highs and lows with biological partners whether married or not and as I proceed into my 60s still virile and fairly strong, I prefer the kind of touch and companionship that only my dolls can offer. They help me remember and conjure the optimistic young man I used to be and aid me in my effort to avoid becoming a cranky old divorcee.

Celebrity / Fictional Characters: Occasionally, my dolls will dress up to emulate a fictional character- usually something iconic like '60s space chicks with laser pistols, flappers, rockabilly girls, or Greek sea goddesses. Currently, they're all in my kitchen dressed in Hooters uniforms. Though none of them resemble specific celebrities, my two fair WM163C's with the #188 head (my twins, Hadleigh and Kayleigh) are on what I call the "Elisha Cuthbert/Scarlett Johansson Spectrum" whereas to my eye my fair #398 "Kendall" looks a lot like Melissa Clarke. My medium #124 "Harper" was in my next top three, but she doesn't really resemble any particular celebrity to me. In fair skin with blue eyes and properly styled blond hair she might resemble Debbie Harry, I suppose.
Hadleigh is a fair-skinned WM163C/#188, Harper (#124) is a medium toned WM164D, Kendall is a fair-skinned 163C/#398. All via RLSD.

Link to Hadleigh's photo thread

Link to Harper's photo thread

Link to Kendall's photo thread

Link to the H2K Ranch

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Wow, it's really hard to pin down just what makes the perfect doll for me. I have 4 full size dolls now and I got each of them for different reasons.

Suzy was the first. I was in the film business at the time and we just needed a human figure, preferably female to stand in for live models during setup. Something sturdy, easy to move and dress and a mannequin fit the bill. What made Suzy pefect for the job was her unique look and stance. That and the price was right.

Some years later I learned about TPE dolls and got Jyoti. Originally, I just wanted a doll that was as visually appealing as Suzy, but one that also had tactile appeal and could be posed. Amazed by the variety available, I spent better part of a year researching dolls, vendors and manufacturers. I quickly realized just how much customization was possible and that got the little wheels in my head turning.

Next thing you know I'm seeking my holy grail, a doll that could be done up like an Indian. The eyes were key there. They needed to be large and up swept with a fairly full bowline, full cheeks and lips. As soon as I saw WM's #77 I knew that would be just perfect for what I had in mind. All I needed now was a perfect body to put under it.

Now I like proportional figures. Top and bottom heavy gals, tiny waists just don't get it for me. Problem there is, health issues prevent me from lifting much more than 50 lbs and proportional figured dolls tend to be very heavy. That's where my choice of head comes in. WM's #77 is designed for their smaller doll range, 100cm through 125cm. Although, I didn't know about the 125cm at the time. It's an older design that no one advertises anymore. I only found out about it because I happened to see one listed in TDF's For Sale section. Didn't buy that one, I needed a darker skin tone, but that got me pointed in the right direction.

Turns out, WM's 125cm has one of the most proportional figures I've ever seen. Thicker waist even than many larger dolls and proportioned more like a very short woman than a scaled down doll. Bloody perfect! Ordered that combination, head #77 with 125cm body and Jyoti was born.

A few years later, I acquired Veronica. She's a Meiki Evo Plush, my first dive into the fabric pool. Decided to get a plush doll mainly for the low weight, as even Jyoti's 51 lbs was becoming a chore for me. Couple things made Veronica perfect. She has the most human like proportions of any plush I've seen and Meiki's come with a blank face. That was perfect for me, because part of the reason I wanted a plush was to attempt to mount acrylic eyes in one. My efforts were sucessful and ended up being the inspiration for Valentina Girl's Real Head option.

That brings me to full size doll #4, Dhila. She's my brown cuddle model Valentina. She's perfect on a number of counts. For one, she weighs a mere 8 lbs! For another, she's brown! Perfect shade for another Indian Girl treatment. Next, like Veronica, Dhila's almost the same size as my wife. They can both share her wardrobe! Win, win, perfect, perfect. Ain't dolls grand? :D

Canvas
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Canvas »

What an interesting question...
To me there's a lot written in the face. There's certain features that stand out, and then I consider what body might fit.
I'm heavily attracted to Hispanic women, but no matter the background I find heavy rounded lids appealing, as well as some what of a broadness to the cheeks and forehead
Sometimes I will also look for a certain type of character appeal in the face; one of my dolls after all is an elf, and the other is my goth girl. Things like length of ears, what music she likes, or will she look good with darker clothes and make up were things to consider there.
When it comes to body types I swoon over a nice round bottom, wide hips, and am not too big on large breasts. Also not looking for toned abs or muscles.
Articulated hands were a major selling point when I saw what WM had put out and what others were doing with them. I now have 2 doll bodies from WM...and 4 WM heads.
All in all, when it comes to my one there are these physical traits that come into play. Penelope (aka Penny) has the latin features, the wide hips, articulated fingers, characteristics, etc. - But there's a lot more to be said about Human Nature and Emotional Connection. When I look at my one doll, even if she is standing with my others, something is wired to happen both visually and mentally that separates her from the room. Something that a $4-5,000 price tag wouldn't particularly provide.
She also has this curiosity and sense of humor to her that I adore...

(One of the first pictures I took of her with her new body freshly taken out of the box)
IMG_8406.JPG
IMG_8406.JPG (4.37 MiB) Viewed 527 times
- viewtopic.php?t=144737 -
🌸 🍒 - Doll Canvas - 🍒 🌸

Tidynfun1999

Post by Tidynfun1999 »

Well, I’ve been a die hard fan of Final Fantasy 7 since 1997 like many others. And also like many others, I was super fond of both Tifa and Aerith. So, when I stumbled upon (strictly by accident) a “life size” version of Tifa, I immediately had to research.
Well, enter GameLady Doll and their most recent series. Their likeness of her (as well as Aerith and Yuna) are absolutely incredible in my opinion. So, I tossed many “bits” and bought Tifa (and I have Yuna on the way as I write this).

Upon getting her, I was like well, damn. I can dress her up as I see fit. Toss her in lingerie, a dress, some jeans, etc. Like an “ideal or dream” girl without the fuss. I’ve bought her a few things here and there and will buy more in the future.

So, I guess you could say, I’m more drawn to fantasy type figures when looking at dolls. With that said, I have seen some absolutely drop dead gorgeous dolls from both other users and the manufacturers on here. Maybe after I get Aerith, I’ll look at straying out of that zone. (Unless GLD releases another FF knockout like Rikku, then I’m done for!)

Beardo822

Post by Beardo822 »

My #1 doll of the three I own is, for my tastes when it comes to physical attractiveness, absolute perfection. I couldn't possibly create a better looking doll. Head to toe - perfect! Just an absolute specimen of physical fitness. I am very much into lean, slim, athletic, petite women - like figure skaters, gymnasts, dancers and ballerinas. Unfortunately, I can't share pics of her here. Some of you here, that are on other social media platforms, might know her though - her name is Tori. (If you know, you know)

When I first leapt into the doll lifestyle it was simply me "upgrading" from fleshlights. I was aware of dolls and wanted to "try it out" for about a year before I finally had the financial means to make it happen.

I have two other dolls which I basically ignore since Tori moved in a year ago. For me, Tori is 90% SEXdoll, and 10% eye candy and just being a beautiful feminine presence.

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

These are excellent answers and photos, everyone! Thank you.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Dolls in Storage:

Current Dolls

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Would anyone else like to contribute? I'll be looking for responses until November 15, before I begin compiling answers to create the article.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Dolls in Storage:

Current Dolls

jantra
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by jantra »

Hi DG!!....................Give us just a minute to recover from Halloween......................................might be a bit long winded, but I'll tell you why each of my 10 are perfect................ :D

INFORMATIONS