www.wmdolls.com

Male doll...female hands?

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
AltheiaMia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Male doll...female hands?

Post by AltheiaMia »

I ordered a doll through WM warehouse. Everything seems fine except his hands are most definitely feminine. They're more petite than my own!
For the moment I keep gloves on him but...I'm not sure what to do about this. The photos from the warehouse seem to be taken from an angle, so they look very different... I've had him for about a week. He came (purchased new) with a bit of damage to the TPE on his face. I'm just feeling a bit underwhelmed by this experience.
Has anyone else had similar issues/have any ideas on what to do?

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Re: Male doll...female hands?

Post by DG »

I currently have 2 WM male dolls, used to have 3. They are the 160cm. I agree, their hands are very dainty and feminine and their feet are small too. I have tiny feet, even for a woman, and me and the guys wear the exact same size shoe (US 4).
What head did you get? The 78, 183, N1, or 207? My guys have the 207; it is my favorite and I also like the 78.
What kind of damage happened to his face? Have you reached out to your vendor whom you ordered him through for advice on repair or a replacement?
Sorry for all the questions, it's just not often that male doll enthusiasts talk on the forum. :)
I would love to know more about your doll, and you. Of course I can tell you about myself and my guys, if you would like to know.
Welcome to TDF! Hope to see more of you and your doll here.
Also, feel free to browse the Male Dolls board and threads, lots of fun stuff there.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

csaduck

Post by csaduck »

Seriously though I understand your frustration, it does seem like so much attention is paid to the face/heads, and the overall body but when it comes to the finer details all manufactures seem to miss something.
Like every female doll has crummy toes, they have no support in them and are floppy. (big toes has a wire, but rest are loose)
Belly buttons, everyone is the same, yet humans have all kinds of strange shapes and innies and outies.
Nipples, all again the same, yet I have been with a couple of women who's nipples actually pultruded almost a inch away from the main breast.
Hands on female dolls also seem to be the same size, and a little too tiny.
I really don't understand why they can't accommodate everyone's requests on their doll since most are custom made.

AltheiaMia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AltheiaMia »

DG wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:53 am I currently have 2 WM male dolls, used to have 3. They are the 160cm. I agree, their hands are very dainty and feminine and their feet are small too. I have tiny feet, even for a woman, and me and the guys wear the exact same size shoe (US 4).
What head did you get? The 78, 183, N1, or 207? My guys have the 207; it is my favorite and I also like the 78.
What kind of damage happened to his face? Have you reached out to your vendor whom you ordered him through for advice on repair or a replacement?
Sorry for all the questions, it's just not often that male doll enthusiasts talk on the forum. :)
I would love to know more about your doll, and you. Of course I can tell you about myself and my guys, if you would like to know.
Welcome to TDF! Hope to see more of you and your doll here.
Also, feel free to browse the Male Dolls board and threads, lots of fun stuff there.
Howdy! Thank you for the welcome ^.^
I'm not sure what number his head is :O And I'm not sure how to attach pics! (....how do I attach pics? ;-; )
The damage is super small. It looks like the TPE just didn't seal off properly on one portion covering a hole, so there's a small flap of plastic that you can kinda smoosh back down and it seals off quite well.
I'm kinda relieved to hear the hands and feet are a factory default thing and not an abnormality! Though I'm sure I'll grow to love them- no one's perfect, right?
I'm thinking of calling him Anders, after a favourite video game character, but I'm still undecided! Names are so hard to pick @_@ I would love to know more about you and your dolls! I'll likely be floating about the forums for quite a while, I have heaps of questions!

AltheiaMia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AltheiaMia »

csaduck wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:55 am Seriously though I understand your frustration, it does seem like so much attention is paid to the face/heads, and the overall body but when it comes to the finer details all manufactures seem to miss something.
Like every female doll has crummy toes, they have no support in them and are floppy. (big toes has a wire, but rest are loose)
Belly buttons, everyone is the same, yet humans have all kinds of strange shapes and innies and outies.
Nipples, all again the same, yet I have been with a couple of women who's nipples actually pultruded almost a inch away from the main breast.
Hands on female dolls also seem to be the same size, and a little too tiny.
I really don't understand why they can't accommodate everyone's requests on their doll since most are custom made.

Yup my guy has a wire in his big toe and the others are floppy. And his hands are the same size as mine, which would possibly be alright if they were more... male-shaped? Like the fingers are very thin. I've known most men to have larger finger joints than women; larger/thicker fingers in general, usually. So having a guy with hands more delicate than mine is certainly...going to take some adjusting to!
I do lots of art stuffs, so finer details is kind of my jam. It's definitely disappointing when something of such high quality lacks fine details D:
Do you own female dolls? Because I've always been curious about the vast difference in customizability. I know female dolls are more popular, thus factories are generally better equipped to customize them, but there are far fewer male heads/parts it seems. And did you get yours from WM? Maybe they use the same hand/feet mold for every doll series.

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

I removed political stuff.

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

AltheiaMia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:36 am I ordered a doll through WM warehouse. Everything seems fine except his hands are most definitely feminine. They're more petite than my own!
For the moment I keep gloves on him but...I'm not sure what to do about this. The photos from the warehouse seem to be taken from an angle, so they look very different... I've had him for about a week. He came (purchased new) with a bit of damage to the TPE on his face. I'm just feeling a bit underwhelmed by this experience.
Hi, AltheiaMia! Welcome to the Forum. I have a 160cm WM male. Yes, his hands are quite dainty - but I think they're exquisite. I put knee-high stockings over his hands and roll them up his forearms, then I put socks on top of those to protect his hands. I think finger pokes could be more likely with gloves. (Yes, finger pokes can happen with articulated hands.)
Does your guy's face look like this?
IMG_6647.JPG
IMG_6647.JPG (92.68 KiB) Viewed 591 times
If so, that's the number 78 head. :D
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

csaduck

Post by csaduck »

AltheiaMia, Yes my two dolls are from WM and female. Between the two bodies only difference is boob size. Feet and hands are identical. Maybe when you order 5'2" they use same mold but a bigger breast??
I also have a hard time with gloves made in China, the Large size is pathetic, if I can find a pair of extra-large they might just fit tightly on my hands, they really don't understand US Men are big.

AltheiaMia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AltheiaMia »

true_blue22 wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 7:03 am
AltheiaMia wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 12:36 am I ordered a doll through WM warehouse. Everything seems fine except his hands are most definitely feminine. They're more petite than my own!
Hi, AltheiaMia! Welcome to the Forum. I have a 160cm WM male. Yes, his hands are quite dainty - but I think they're exquisite. I put knee-high stockings over his hands and roll them up his forearms, then I put socks on top of those to protect his hands. I think finger pokes could be more likely with gloves. (Yes, finger pokes can happen with articulated hands.)
Does your guy's face look like this?
IMG_6647.JPG
If so, that's the number 78 head. :D

His face does look a bit similar! It may just look different because mine has darker eyes. Your guy's hands seem bigger than my guy's...once I figure out how to put pictures up I'll have to show you an example!

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Well, in that case it's possible that your guy and Erik are twins. :D When you want to post a photo with your reply, scroll down below the text box and you'll see a tab that says "Attachments." Click on that and you'll see another tab below that which says "Add files." Click on that and you'll be able to select the photos from your computer. When the photo is selected, it will appear under the 'Options" and "Attachments" tabs under "Filename." Then you have to click on the "Place inline" tab to add the photo to the text box. I hope this helps you post your pics.
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

Kimmi Lovecok
Doll
Doll

Post by Kimmi Lovecok »

AltheiaMia wrote:
And I'm not sure how to attach pics! (....how do I attach pics? ;-; )

Kimmi Loves Pictures, 01.jpg
Kimmi Loves Pictures, 01.jpg (216.93 KiB) Viewed 517 times

Studio wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:45 am I removed political stuff.
:D :thumbs_up:

:glou:

👠 Kimmi's COMICS:________ viewtopic.php?t=158415

AltheiaMia
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by AltheiaMia »

Thanks Kimmy! Turns out I needed to reach a post quota before I could use this option xD

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

I have the opposite problem with my Meiki Evo plush. Her hands are bigger than mine!

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Her hands look incredibly soft!
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

M M

Post by M M »

I actually decided not to go with the WM male dolls because of the hands. I opted for Irontech version. Still waiting for my guys to get here before I can determine if I made the right choice. I am typically a patient person, but the wait is driving me nuts.

INFORMATIONS