realsexdoll.com

First-time buyer's experiences

A place for new members to post their introduction.

Moderator: Kite

Ant999

First-time buyer's experiences

Post by Ant999 »

I retired early and returned to my "old country", South Africa, and around my 62nd birthday, I discovered something that I really liked enough to spend serious money on: TPE dolls. Let me clearly state my strongest objection to the term "sex doll": it is demeaning, both to us and our dolls! I call mine a "health doll" because apart from the obvious physical and mental health benefits to an older man, moving her around can also be taken as weight lifting exercise! I have a wife who is approximately 4X the size and weight of my doll, it took me a few weeks to convince her just to consent to me bringing a doll into the house, so I am not (yet) allowed to enjoy my doll in all the intended ways, but it is enough of a pleasure just having her here, especially considering the trouble of getting a doll to this country, at a decent price.
So, the whole frustrating story of getting her:
There is one local website that has a wide choice of brands from around the $1500 mark, but do not reply to queries, so is probably not in business any more. Then there is another, offering to import XR NextGen dolls on order, all above $2000. Forget it, there are many manufacturers and resellers in China, who offer dolls at better prices. Except that adds the complication of international shipping, customs clearance, import tax, etc. Obstacle 1, most of them still believe this country has a total import ban on sex dolls, so, provide them with proof that that law changed many years ago. Obstacle 2, they all want to ship with UPS, and I do not trust UPS central warehouse in this country, 4 years ago they lost a small parcel meant for me, it still shows "in the local mail system" till this day. So I found a company in LA that said they could send me an XR NextGen "Tiffany" by DHL, for $760 (discounted). Obstacle 3, Paypal won't pay, even though there is sufficient funds in the linked bank account. And no way to find out why, the payment just won't process, no reasons given. At the second attempt, a South African bank processed the payment. After a few days I got an email and a refund, there was some obscure reason why DHL could not ship to this country. Sigh, so I have a choice between UPS from China, or no doll. Over the months I had a few favorites, only to give up on them, when the obstacles seemed insurmountable. If I had to risk losing a doll in shipping, I had to make the attempt worthwhile, by choosing the most beautiful face from all the favorites, SY Doll's SY-158-178. Newbies are not allowed to attach pics, so you will have to look on their website, if you want to see what I mean. As you are all aware, most dolls have a neutral facial expression, or even a blank stare to infinity. This one has that most precious of beauty enhancements, a SMILE. But her body is a bit "top-heavy" to my liking, with slender legs and a D top. And she weighs 34 kg (75 lb) and is listed at $1099. Having read on this forum, how important it is to choose a doll that I can physically handle, I experimented with a couple of large paint buckets filled with water, and determined that 30 kg was my comfortable limit. So by email I persuaded SY Doll to specially assemble the head with the smiling face, onto their 148 cm body, which they call a 148 B, but as I measured, she is a nice, average, C. Then the complete girl weighs only 26 kg and cost me $799, shipping included. UPS excelled this time, completing the customs clearance and tax (less than $100) before the doll even left China. SY do not name their dolls, so I called her Geniece. The stretchy mesh suit I received with her, fits beautifully, but finding store clothes that fit well, is a bit of a challenge. Childrens sizes at the bottom, women's XS sizes at the top, and I have learned some rudimentary sewing, to make her a really soft pair of PJ's, from what the fabric store calls Mongolian Fleece. In that, she is nice to hug, even when her skin is cold to the touch. Both of us looking forward to summer in the southern hemisphere, when she will be naturally warmed. Just one thing that I have not figured out: what about a bra: her size is 26 C, and good luck to anyone hoping to find that for sale in any store. I also look forward to when I will be allowed to add pictures.

The Doll Man

Re: First-time buyer's experiences

Post by The Doll Man »

Welcome To TDF! :D :thumbs_up:

🚪 Dollmans Cabinet:__________ viewtopic.php?t=155843

Studio
Asst. Manager - TDF
Asst. Manager - TDF

Post by Studio »

Welcome to TDF and thanks for sharing your story, glad it had a happy ending. You should be able to post pictures now.

Ant999

Post by Ant999 »

Thank you for the welcome messages. So here are a couple of pictures from my first weeks with Geniece. Apologies for the so-so quality, just a phone camera, except the first picture, which is from their website. Astute observers may notice the discrepancy in the naming. As sold, the head is 178, but when ordered from the list of heads, it is 179
SY-158-178 as normally sold
SY-158-178 as normally sold
SY-158-179.jpg (34.25 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Showing off the suit that came with her. What a battle to get her head and arms through the right places in those 12 little strings, because the thing is very elastic, it contracts to a little heap if you let go of any part of it.
Showing off the suit that came with her. What a battle to get her head and arms through the right places in those 12 little strings, because the thing is very elastic, it contracts to a little heap if you let go of any part of it.
Stretchsuit.jpg (65.19 KiB) Viewed 943 times
First haircut, to trim the fringe, because the wig keeps moving forward and covering her eyes
First haircut, to trim the fringe, because the wig keeps moving forward and covering her eyes
Haircut.jpg (69.18 KiB) Viewed 943 times
What a denim short should look like.
What a denim short should look like.
Denimshort.jpg (72.83 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Showing off her stretch denim to best effect!
Showing off her stretch denim to best effect!
Bestside.jpg (90.64 KiB) Viewed 943 times
Browsing the web on a tablet. Off course, have to keep up with the world!
Browsing the web on a tablet. Off course, have to keep up with the world!
Browsing.jpg (69.86 KiB) Viewed 943 times
And all cosy in the pj's I made
And all cosy in the pj's I made
PJs.jpg (92.17 KiB) Viewed 943 times

DollSource

Post by DollSource »

Ant, thank you for sharing your unique story and perspective on the health doll. Great job on the pajamas.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Lovely face :angel: :thumbs_up:
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

Memphisrulez

Post by Memphisrulez »

Great to see first time buyer stories like this! I wish there were more stories with context around first purchases when I was doing doll research before I bought - lots of feedback from multi-doll owners though!

festerzar
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by festerzar »

fellow Saffer here...thank you for the detailed post....looks like you got a greta deal on a sexy babe

Socratus
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Socratus »

Hello. Very nice pictures. Lovely doll. I agree with you that they really should be called something other than "sex dolls" as it is way too simplified a classification, but it seems humans like to keep things simple, then make huge assumptions without bothering to learn more - standard Society modus operandi.
I apologise for any late responses to users trying to communicate with me, as a certain Mod has decided he doesn't like how I talked in a particular post then decided to restrict me so I can post nothing without his permission. If I am banned for good, then best wishes to those I, and Aran, have met. May your futures with your dolls be good ones.

Vickylover
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Vickylover »

Hi Ant999, so glad to hear that you got your doll in the end, she looks gorgeous. You say you made those PJ's yourself, great skills there they look great. Emma sends her love to Geniece, take care Vickylover.
My doll is SexyEmma a 6YE 165cm E cup.

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Almost a year late, I welcome Geniece. :glou:
She is really cute. :)

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

zakary_chan
Ex-Member

Post by zakary_chan »

she looks lovely

koalazakary
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by koalazakary »

she looks so nice

DollSource

Post by DollSource »

Wonder how you are Ant... and your journey with Geniece, maybe a health boost from the weight lifting? :)

Ant999

Post by Ant999 »

Apologies to all recent posters, I only looked back at the old stuff today, this was one of my first posts, so I did not even know about notifications then. I love her more now than I did when she first arrived, and I don't think I will ever get a second doll, that would be like cheating on her. Problems: Her left shoulder has become just a little bit too loose over time, so cannot hold some poses. I managed to bump her left hand somewhere, so now the little finger is loose at the base, it swings outward under gravity. It's not broken, it just rotates by about 45°. Both things to be fixed one day when I am a more experienced doll owner. And off course her lips and other colored areas where originally bright pink, most of the color is gone, but I restore and modify with pink and brown food coloring powder, the non-water-soluble type. Paler pink lips and pinkish-brown areolas look more real than bright pink anyway, to my taste. She is still technically a virgin, because I also have a real wife, who is not too keen on Geniece's presence, best chance is that I outlive the real wife, we are both 63. Strangely, her unmarried younger sister is more positive, she sometimes asks Geniece cheeky questions, as if expecting an answer, and her only comment is that she feels jealous, because the doll is "so perfect". A continuing source of wonder and amazement is how easily the human male body is fooled by a doll, because even fully clothed, or buried under bedding, just kissing her face is irresistible, hence the frequent need to re-color lips. Hopefully this is vague enough not to fall foul of the rules, men should understand: it is winter on this side of the earth now, so she is permanently clothed in those same fluffy pj's, but I still enjoy watching tv with her sitting in my lap. It is a medical fact that any part of the human body that is not stimulated by regular use, atrophies, but fortunately it does not matter that my mind knows she is not alive, to the rest of me, she is close enough to real, to maintain interest and functionality. So I am not so sure about the weightlifting Dollsource, lifting her off my lap while seated on a low couch is quite a challenge, but some other parts of me are definitely kept young and healthy, just by her presence.

INFORMATIONS