Starpery.com

Latex Experimenting

Got an idea? Need an invention?
tommy_tucker

Latex Experimenting

Post by tommy_tucker »

I have been mixing liquid silk lubricant with latex to see if it would soften the latex and the result is softer latex but still far from silicone. Well before i went to bed i made a mixture of latex and "urine" And the result is far better than previous expeiments more silicone like and more stretchy. So urine is the way to go now. The liquid latex i use is for mould making. Now the good thing is we are never short of urine and it's free! I would like someone to confirm my findings by experimenting also, as i feel no one would take me seriously by my own findings alone. I can say the piece of latex i have as a result of adding urine is bloody good.

So anyone interested?

....and no i'm not taking the piss!

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

Ewwww....

Lol Seriously...you peed in it? Wouldn't that make the latex smell like...well, like piss? I wouldn't want to snuggle a doll made with that.

I'd guess it's the ammonia in the urine that's doing the work. Maybe try mixing in some diluted ammonia instead?

I'd love to experiment with these myself, but I don't have a place to do so. The wife would have a fit if I left latex mixtures laying about for the kid to ask about.

tommy_tucker

Post by tommy_tucker »

ClosetMonster wrote:Ewwww....

Lol Seriously...you peed in it? Wouldn't that make the latex smell like...well, like piss? I wouldn't want to snuggle a doll made with that.

I'd guess it's the ammonia in the urine that's doing the work. Maybe try mixing in some diluted ammonia instead?

I'd love to experiment with these myself, but I don't have a place to do so. The wife would have a fit if I left latex mixtures laying about for the kid to ask about.
...:lol: Got to start somewere! Yeah you hit the nail on the head, will to have get hold of some ammonia and see if thats all i need to add. Could always add a nice fragrant.

Early days yet :wink:

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

thickner

Post by timetraveler1 »

well all i can say is thank god it didn't need to be thickened !! :D 8O :lol: :lol: :lol: i couldn't even think of a name a new skin doll like that could be called i'm at a loss for words !! :lol: :wink:

tommy_tucker

Re: thickner

Post by tommy_tucker »

timetraveler1 wrote:well all i can say is thank god it didn't need to be thickened
...lol Would make a good ebony skin also :roll:

Feel like a mad scientist now. My mother called my dad a piss artist ...ummm

itsme
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by itsme »

I would say urine would help
But you should skwees you cat. Air dry latex works from the Ammonia,
The more you add the softer it gets faster it drys as well.

there are a lot of good videos on mask making.
and latex.

Maker
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Maker »

LOL won't get into how you thought to try this..

While easy to make jokes etc, urine is simply waste chemicals that can't remain in the body, no real difference than any other chemicals. For that matter was rabbit or mouse urine that found one of the first good cancer fighting drugs that controls blood vessel growth..

Large component of urine is still water, so you may simply be diluting the latex, it may skin over but still eventually dry out. Other major urine components are salts, they may help hold in the water. Could be some alteration of the latex etc, but likely this will eventually dry out to something not far off normal. Bake in an oven for hours at lowish temp for accelerated drying might give an idea.

Basically silicone oil for silicone is similar. But the dense oil doesn't evaporate, or not very fast, that's why it bleeds but then sits on the surface..

You know the porous plastics? Like the gear or washer plastics that start off hard but flexible, then dry out and get brittle over time, even some of the rubber-plastics like clear suction cups type? They can usually be revived by boiling in water for 5 or 10 minutes, the trying out is why they get brittle. Actually I've thought to boil in mineral oil instead, should make them about to new, but haven't needed it since I thought of using oil instead. Similar ideas might even be a good trial for latex and silicone.

And yep, tons of videos on youtube etc, some very good too..

tommy_tucker

I got some good news

Post by tommy_tucker »

I got some good news thanks to the great guys at MonsterMakers in the US. They are the only makers of a latex softening agent! So i sent them a email and politely asked them what they add to the latex to make it softer, i was not expecting them to give away their secret but they have recommended to me something similar to what they sell: http://www.monstermakers.com/product/la ... agent.html

Arnold from MonsterMakers told me: Try adding some of the mold release that comes with foam latex kits. It is similar to the softening agent that we sell.

So looks like i may not have to piss in pots of liquid latex anymore :wink:

ClosetMonster
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: The back of your closet, past the old band uniform, and behind that tattered stack of comics.

Post by ClosetMonster »

So looks like i may not have to piss in pots of liquid latex anymore
That's a relief! Uh...I mean not having pee in the latex, not actually uh, relieving himself..... :oops:

You could have always spun it to advertise that you use "natural ingredients". Ick!

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

yours or mine

Post by timetraveler1 »

hi tommy tucker, had to throw one more " rodney dangerfield in here " iv'e heard of your place or mine but "your piss or mine ??" i tell ya i get no respect !! :lol: :lol: :wink: ps glad your making progress in what your trying to acheive !! :D

INFORMATIONS