Starpery.com

Concept Hybrid Inflatable Doll w/ High-End Silicone Exterior

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Chompers

Concept Hybrid Inflatable Doll w/ High-End Silicone Exterior

Post by Chompers »

I don't know much about inflatable dolls other than they are less expensive and not so realistic compared to their high-end TPE and Silicone doll counterparts. Having both a TPE and Silicone doll, I am aware of the materials, processes, engineering, and art used to make these beautiful creatures. There are many pros and cons that doll manufacturers must balance to achieve beauty, physical sensation, durability, low weight, and low cost, etc... My experience with a "light-weight" 145 cm silicone doll is that she is very beautiful, but the hard foam core and thin silicone layer designed for weight reduction can feel too hard and unappealing at times. Likewise if you choose implanted hair, the hard silicone head is not enjoyable to kiss and touch. Then there's the coldness of the silicone requiring carefully placed electric blankets and having to wait until the doll reaches a normal human temperature. New internal heating features seem like a very good idea, but reports are that they are not very reliable at this time. And finally, even though my 145 cm foam core silicone doll is <30 kg, it's still not that light-weight for me. So I'm wondering if a more radical design philosophy is required to achieve a step improvement in doll body weight and life-like body softness.

So it seems like there might be a middle-of-the-road hybrid design that could take advantage of both worlds. If the foam core could be replaced with an inflatable bladder the following benefits could be achieved. For those of you knowledgeable of doll construction I'd love to hear your thoughts about this concept. Obviously, the benefits do present some design challenges but maybe they could be overcome with some creativity. See drawing below.

Benefits of Hybrid Design:

1) Lower Weight - An inflatable doll with silicone exterior would inherently be lower weight or at least the same as a silicone doll with foam core.

2) Softer - An inflatable doll with silicone exterior would be dramatically softer than the hard foam cores used. (More discussion on the foam core below under "challenges").

3) Heat - An air pump inherently imparts heat and if a recycle line feature is added could heat up the body faster than current means.

4) Simulated Breathing - An air pump could provide pulsing cycles to an already pressurized doll to simulate subtle breathing.

5) Less Materials - Theoretically this design would not require the metal skeleton in the body or leg areas, but maybe the metal arm/shoulder/neck skeleton would be required to hold the head and support both doggie and missionary positions. (More discussion below about the shape of the air bladder under "challenges"). Also, theoretically less silicone material could be used b/c the underlying air bladder would provide flex and compression. Now a little jiggle might be lost, but this is not available anyway in modern light-weight dolls.

6) Lower Cost? - Potentially lower weight (no foam or body skeleton) and volume (deflated) inherently cuts down on shipping/import costs. The added air pump requirement might negate the savings from reduced doll parts.

7) Final Appearance - Because the same silicone exterior layer and head are being used in this concept, the doll would appear the same as any high end doll on the market.

Challenges of Hybrid Design:

1) Construction - During the silicone pour, the hard foam core can resist the weight of the silicone. So likewise, the concept air bladder would have to be filled with something like water to resist compression of the silicone during the cure process. It would also need to resist stretching when filled with heavy water before the silicone pour, but I think a material design could be achieved as described in the following 2 points.

2) Air Bladder Shape/Rigidity - One of the challenges with an inflatable bladder is that it will have some inherent rigidity and would not allow the typical joint movement we are all accustomed to. So as shown in the drawing, a single body position would be required. So I would think the legs in a L-shape as shown would support both missionary, doggie, and sitting positions as well as some variation.

3) Air Bladder Material/Strength - Because of the inherent weight of a human body on the air bladder during missionary position, it would need to be substantially strong. But we have a good example of high strength inflatables in the form of white water rafts and boats. These meshed PVC/Polyurethane/Neoprene materials are extremely strong and durable and are already an available commodity. Another alternative presents itself when using a strong and durable bladder material is that instead of using air, one could be a little more risky and fill the internal bladder with water and heat it with an internal probe. It would be crazy heavy which is counter to the intent, but it might even be a step further toward achieving the feel of a warm flexible human body.

4) Air Bladder/Silicone Adhesion - My limited understanding is that the traditional foam core allows the silicone to form a mechanical bond so the silicone doesn't delaminate from the foam. Not sure how true this is. So I would like to hear your thoughts. It seems the concept air bladder exterior would need some type of mesh or polymer bonding agent so the silicone skin layer adheres to the PVC/Polyurethane/Neoprene bladder.

5) Air Pump - To simply pump up the inflatable doll would not require a special pump, but if you wanted to impart heat to an already inflated doll, you would need a custom air pump with recirculation lines and inlet port at the neck plus exit port(s) for each leg as shown in the drawing. Also, maybe this pump could be designed to provide a slight air pressurization pulse to an already pressurized doll to simulate breathing. Just an idea, but it's an example of the need or desire for a special air pump.

As you can see in the drawing and description above, this concept hybrid doll is all about sex and physical sensation, not for posing in various positions as many TDF members enjoy doing. So what do you think about this idea? Would love to hear feedback from TDF veterans and inventors!

-Chompers :lol:

Inflatable Doll with Silicone Exterior Layer.png
Inflatable Doll with Silicone Exterior Layer.png (634.74 KiB) Viewed 415 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Concept Hybrid Inflatable Doll w/ High-End Silicone Exterior

Post by rubherkitty »

Nice write up on your idea.

Maybe use a low density foam as a support filler?
PVC tube skeleton with holes drilled "to reduce weight" and use this to distribute the heat?
Make sure air doll is smaller than the final desired size.
Cover air doll in cotton body suit to accept silicone skin?
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Chompers

Re: Concept Hybrid Inflatable Doll w/ High-End Silicone Exterior

Post by Chompers »

Rubherkitty,

Yes amount of undersizing might be tricky at first to figure out until the first prototype inflation test. I can see it now in the news..."over inflated doll bursts and kills 3 in shock wave...more news at 11:00".

I like the cotton body suit over the air bladder idea.

I was thinking further about this...wondering if a doll manufacturer would sell the two doll halves unsealed so I could use the foam core to build an air bladder?

-Chompers :lol:

INFORMATIONS