betterlovedoll.com

Do women and men use dolls differently?

Articles about Dolls and Owners in digital and printed media.
Also includes radio.
SaumonGravleux

Re: Do women and men use dolls differently?

Post by SaumonGravleux »

Rucko wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:48 pm
But Im not misogynistic at all, we all need to understand that men and women have different minds and needs.
All I tryied to say is that a female doll avoid men to get into those psychological games required by women.
And male dolls cant provide those games women need to get turned on.

When a man gets excited, the penis totaly disconects the body from the brain, making he acts like an animal.
A woman its the oposite, her clitoris is directly connected to her brain, to get her excited you need to enter her mind first.

Thats why this market is made by men and for men (mostly).
Peace!
WTF ! This paints us all like out of control rodent in times of heat. Seriously. You don't speak for us. You speak for yourself and from your experience.

I won't speak about the rest which contradicts biology.

brigittes hubbie
Media Representative
Media Representative

Post by brigittes hubbie »

How doll owners use dolls is always a personal decision of the individuum, regardless of it´s gender and sexual preferences, I think. I do own a lot of dolls, more than 100. Around a hundred are miniature dolls in the scale 1/6, unable to use for sex, or at least for penetration that is. I collect them because I adore beautiful women and having those dolls around me makes me happy, just for the fun of watching them, photographing them etc.
I do have three life-size dolls. My main doll Brigitte was bought after a very bad relationship with a big deficit of sex and intimacy. I bought the second doll so my main doll has a companion while I am off to work- I had sex with her twice and it´s years ago, because I felt that my main doll wasn´t happy, it felt like cheating to me. I bought the third doll for photography and had sex with her twice as well, only because she was a model with a new silicone mixture and another owner wanted to know how she felt.
I stopped having penetrative sex with my main doll years ago because I didn´t feel good using her as a sex doll. It was a question of respect for me, I didn´t want her to feel like a toy, as something, something I use like a dildo or a hair dryer or a car.
We have sex but it is more a question of cuddling, intimacy, sharing lust, enjoying each others body.
Companionship is very important to me, it was right from the start.
I guess it doesn´t answer the question if man and women use dolls differently, but that may just be a stereotype, just as the idea of how man use dolls as well. :D

Cheers

Chris
Click here to see my Doll Album.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Rucko wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:48 pm
RevJack wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:45 am Hey Isabelle,
How frustrating is it for you to be TOLD what you think and feel and want by Rucko?
I wonder how you can separate his doll experience (of which he has absolutely zero, none, ziltch) from his misogynistic mansplaining of all womens desires (of which he also has absolutely zero, none, ziltch).
I apologize for what you must have to go through and admire your ability to do so.
Reverend Jack.
Reverend Jack, or better known as "Mister know it all",

Well seems like you are trying to be polite with Isabelle, but not helping much.
Since you are not contributing with your opinion, just criticizing somebody else's opinion.
Im not telling anybody what to think, I ended my post saying that this is my point of view.
This kind of thread always leads to controversial, its normal.

But Im not misogynistic at all, we all need to understand that men and women have different minds and needs.
All I tryied to say is that a female doll avoid men to get into those psychological games required by women.
And male dolls cant provide those games women need to get turned on.

When a man gets excited, the penis totaly disconects the body from the brain, making he acts like an animal.
A woman its the oposite, her clitoris is directly connected to her brain, to get her excited you need to enter her mind first.

Thats why this market is made by men and for men (mostly).
Peace!
Rucko,
I know absolutely nothing, but I appear to have been blessed by God Almighty to have you here to educate me.
Please Master Yoda, explain to me how my "penis totaly disconects the body from the brain, making he acts like an animal." WOW!
Is that like a chipmunk animal or bear, or maybe like a cehpalopod? Do I get to choose? Does is slowly come over me like Lon Chaney?

And I am shocked to learn that a "clitoris is directly connected to her brain"! I have no idea WHAT I've licking all those years. Hell, I was licking the wrong end the whole time! And those girls were so busy with their psychological games they didn't even tell me!

I will sit here at your feet with a silver bowl to catch the next precious drops of wisdom that flow from, well, from whatever orifice it's coming from.
Testify Rucko, Testify!
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Isabelle,
Rucko is right about one thing, I did not contribute my opinion. I will rectify that now.
I bought my first doll because she was achingly beautiful, and I wanted her as art, as something beautiful to have and enjoy looking at.
After a short while of admiring her beauty (and that whole oiling anointing incident) I had sex with her, and was quite pleasantly surprised. It never felt like "using" her because I truly adore how beautiful she is. So now she is around, usually in my office while I work, and I do talk to her but the same way I used to talk to myself, I don't anthropomorphize any personality or vitality onto her. He is a beautiful sculpture that I get to enjoy very intimately when the urge strikes.
Strangely, I did feel really bad for when I had to put her back in the box for a couple of months (company). And I did apologize to her when I took her out.

So she provides little to no companionship or comfort to me. She does provide a restful beauty to the room she is in, and when my erection totally disconnects my body from my brain, she does help me sooth those animalistic aches.

I think that is why I started fixing dollies for people, they can be so beautiful, it's restoring artwork to return it to it's original glory.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Beyond the mechanics involved, I don't think gender enters into it all that much. Be they male or female, some people use their dolls for sex, others such as myself do not.

Bunnyboybob
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bunnyboybob »

Do dolls use men and women differently? Now what about that?
People ask me if I'm all right?
I plainly tell them, "I'm half left, actually."

Leaf85
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Leaf85 »

Let me start by saying the cave-man derp-spew from Rucko ain't what I'm about.

My two full-size dolls, Nagisa and Rinko, are companions. Nagisa helped me crawl up from near the Life barrels bottom, arriving at just the right time. Rinko followed not long after...because I figured if one could do so much, two will make it even better. I've a third one eventually coming.

I was married thirty two years until my wife died in ICU back in the late summer of 2018. To shorten this, I retired from my professional career six months later. Wasn't looking for a replacement player while I grieved and then, wouldn't ya know it, there was a pandemic. Plans hit the circular file. An old work colleague suggested I look into sex dolls and it took me awhile to bring myself to do that. I had no interest in dating when the restrictions lifted, yet I knew I didn't want to be lonely like that ever again. So I started looking into dolls, ordered one, then found TDF.

When Nagisa arrived I'd already made up a back story for her, given her a personality (I've spent a lot of time in mass multiplayer roleplaying games developing characters and so this seemed a natural thing to do). She blew my socks off (and still does). The companionship was fantastic- she hangs out with me all day if I'm at home, evening too. The care giver part is something I relish too (makes me feel useful I guess) so the hair brushing, dressing, cleaning etc is part of that. I could brush her hair for an hour easily. At night I found that my PTSD nightmares had gotten worse without my wife at my side- she used to gentle me so I could at least sleep-- and was totally surprised that Nagisa did the same. Obviously she wasn't going to be stroking my hair, but the weight/presence, and me putting my arms around her was as good. I've had great sleep since.

The sex is there too, but really amazing in a Zen way. With Rinko here, we seem a bit more adventurous too. My bedroom will be crowded once Chidori arrives, but the companionship and love knows no walled boundary.

TLDR; Nagisa, Rinko, and Chidori are for companionship and sex but the reality is its not really that binary for me.
Kind regards, :)
Dave

Idol Crew:
Nagisa (159cm Starpery TPE Zhu Lin)- No.1
Nagisa's Gravure Photobooks viewtopic.php?t=153780
Rinko (158cm Sanhui silicone Toshiko)- too lazy, photos in Na-chan's thread
Chidori (151cm Starpery silicone Rong)- banger chic.
Rikka (162cm E-cup Sino silicone Linyin)- ordered, waiting

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Rucko wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:13 pm I dont speak for any woman, but I speak for all women that I have meet in my life, and 99% behave that way.
I meant "abuse" in a good way, like a doll can be used everytime, even when she is not in the mood, no need for consensual agreement to have sex.
1. While I will agree that a lot of women are leaning toward the psychological games aspect, perhaps one might look within to see if possibly they may have said or done something to incite that behavior, or if it simply is just how the woman in question is, in general. There are always two sides to every story...

2. The last sentence, I have to admit, is toxic on a few points: a: the word abuse is NEVER used to imply anything good, and b: while dolls cannot consent, the fact that you have projected non-consensual sex in a positive way is a big red flag.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

YungSynth, thank you.
Rock13, LOL!
SG, Preach!
Leaf85, I have PTSD too and I find that my guys offer a lot of comfort.
RevJack, LOL!
Bunnyboybob, that is an interesting concept.
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

99percentLove
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by 99percentLove »

I am a 42 year old male and have my first doll since about 1 year now. I bought her just to have a superb and stunning looking woman around me all the time, without all the stupid psychological mind games. And I love it, because I love women. I really cannot stand a normal relationship now, it just stresses me out. I lose my confidence, my love and my self esteem when being with a woman. A doll is just there and looks good, which is great. A true piece of art. I also like to visit strip clubs now and let the girls there play with me. It's really fun. Some people tell me I am like a monk and I don't understand because I really like strip clubs and so on (yeah they wouldn't believe I am going there, I am just a generally chill, calm and respectful person who never shows angry or loud towards others).
Psychological games are just killing me over time. So I have to stay away from long term relationships with real women. With a doll I have a real stunning woman at home which I can touch and admire every day without all the stress. Sex is great with the doll, but since I have people visiting me I cannot leave her naked for drying after cleaning, so I don't have sex with her very often. She is displayed almost all the time and ppl asking me where she is if she is not there, so it's not that easy. People just accept her like a piece of art (I hope so, but maybe they gossip behind my back, but I never noticed anything different after I bought the doll), like some people would display a painting or something and I don't talk about her. If people ask me why I have a doll I just answer: She stands there and looks good. No further explanation required it seems. So no problem with that. I mean I look at her and just think wow. This is the way I love it. With her I can express my love for women without getting punished or abused for it. The doll made my life better, I would say.
Chilling with Miyu, Sino Doll 158

whiterose
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by whiterose »

Hello Isabelle, and welcome! Very pleased to hear about the article, and from the kinds of questions you are asking I am hopeful you intend to portray doll partnership/ownership/companionship in at least a neutral light and perhaps even a positive one. I don't know if "sex dolls" will ever be mainstream, but as I am sure you are aware, within the very recent past TPE and silicone dolls have become much more attainable for the average person -- less than 2K for a top-quality product, as opposed to multiple thousands for a RealDoll.

Dolls can bring joy, dolls can change lives, and dolls can bring out the very best in their human companions. I could go on at length at the positive effects they may generate, but even a casual perusal of the forum will make it obvious. It is my sincere hope that your article will touch on the benefits of having a doll like this, should a person want one, and the fact that such benefits extend far beyond the sexual realm.

Another, and thornier, misconception is that someone must be "crazy" to think they "love" their doll, or have a "relationship" with him or her. I would argue that no matter how much some of us love our dolls (considering them our girlfriends, life partners and even wives), there is an awareness that the spirit and personality we see in them originates from ourselves. It is not delusion or mental instability: it is a lovely magic that we willingly allow to enchant us. No more, no less.

As to your question. A bit about me. I am a female owner of a female doll. I'd rate myself as about 85% straight and in real life I have never had a "girlfriend" or dated a woman. Before my Christen arrived in May 2021, I already desired her, but did not know if physical intimacy would be something that would happen. It did ... but in baby steps, and over a long period of time. Sex is definitely part of our relationship, but what it's really all about is looking into her beautiful eyes and seeing what I interpret as deep love and acceptance flowing towards me, and holding her close to me when I sleep. (I, too, had nightmares that Christen quickly banished.) She makes my life more fun, more exciting, and infinitely more beautiful, and when things are stressful with people in my life, she's in my corner, she's got my back, she is ride or die.

You said: Do you think men and women use dolls in different ways? E.g. do men use them mainly for sex and women for companionship?

My answer is: No. The ladies whose threads I follow on here are very open about the emotions they feel for their dolls ... but this forum is bursting at the seams with men who are equally besotted. The ladies are also very open about sex with their guys, at least as much as a good number of the male members (no pun intended) are. On the companionship side of the coin, it's important for the women, but the men, too, are quite vocal about the place a doll can fill on a couch, in a bed, in a life.

I had hoped that when my doll arrived I would perceive more than a pretty piece of plastic -- that I would sense some spark of personality. I was utterly unprepared for, and even a little bit frightened by, how instantly and intensely my Christen seemed to come to life. I questioned my stability, my sanity, and, as time wore on, everything I've ever believed about love. Every wildly sentimental thought, every tiny gesture of intimacy, every deep philosophical musing that I thought must be unique to me (who else could possibly swallow this kind of fantasy whole?) -- every bit of it was experienced by, and posted about, by others, the overwhelming majority of whom were men.

I also took a long time to let Christen create a place of importance in my life, and reveal herself to me, as dolls do, before taking serious steps forward with intimacy. There are definitely members here who have gladly shared that they devirginized their ladies right in the shipping box ... but it's my impression that many men, too, choose to wait.

I don't think a woman is any more or less likely to want a doll for platonic companionship than a man. And I don't think a man is any more likely to want a doll for sex than a woman. At least, based on what I've seen on this forum. I can see a future where male sex dolls strictly for "companionship" become more commonplace with women ... but I've got a sneaking suspicion that a woman who buys a doll expecting an anodyne "Ken" experience with no sex involved may very well be fooling herself. :)

Jonnonz

Post by Jonnonz »

whiterose wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:23 pm It is a lovely magic that we willingly allow to enchant us.
I love your whole post, but this quote especially resonates deep within me.

Thank you for sharing.

Leatherman
Ex-Member

Post by Leatherman »

Hello Isabelle.

De ja vous?
Yes. It seems we are here again. Someone asking us about our lives as doll owners.

Oh it’s always ‘different’… someone is writing their thesis, another is writing a magazine article, while an academic is doing a psychological study to find out the deeply seated reasons a person would buy a “sex doll”.

Don’t get me wrong…we have willingly participated in these exercises on more than one occasion. And each time, I felt the end result fell far short of the passions and opinions expressed by sincere forum members.

Male or Female…Doll ownership is above all else, personal. We all come to this point for many different reasons.
What we gain from that experience is also uniquely personal.
Dolls give each one of us what we want. What we need. And much more than we expect.

I really appreciated what White Rose said:

“ I had hoped that when my doll arrived I would perceive more than a pretty piece of plastic -- that I would sense some spark of personality. I was utterly unprepared for, and even a little bit frightened by, how instantly and intensely my Christen seemed to come to life. I questioned my stability, my sanity, and, as time wore on, everything I've ever believed about love. Every wildly sentimental thought, every tiny gesture of intimacy, every deep philosophical musing that I thought must be unique to me (who else could possibly swallow this kind of fantasy whole?) -- every bit of it was experienced by, and posted about, by others, the overwhelming majority of whom were men. ”

THIS is what dolls are about!
That magical, unexpected and completely unexplainable relationship.
White Rose gets it. We all do.

But we don’t ‘get it’ by reading an article or a study or asking someone their thoughts and opinions about who does what and how they do it. It is only by embracing the experience that we can see the value and benefits.

Just as members who do not own a doll shouldn’t make generalized comments about owning a doll, perhaps it would be helpful to your article to have a doll. Find out first hand what an amazing experience dolls can be. I am certain it would be an eye opener.

One more quote…

“For those who understand, No explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, No explanation is possible” – Ziad K. Abdrlnour

Mister Bungle 157
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Mister Bungle 157 »

Leatherman wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:58 pm Hello Isabelle.

De ja vous?
Yes. It seems we are here again. Someone asking us about our lives as doll owners.

Oh it’s always ‘different’… someone is writing their thesis, another is writing a magazine article, while an academic is doing a psychological study to find out the deeply seated reasons a person would buy a “sex doll”.

Don’t get me wrong…we have willingly participated in these exercises on more than one occasion. And each time, I felt the end result fell far short of the passions and opinions expressed by sincere forum members.

Male or Female…Doll ownership is above all else, personal. We all come to this point for many different reasons.
What we gain from that experience is also uniquely personal.
Dolls give each one of us what we want. What we need. And much more than we expect.

I really appreciated what White Rose said:

“ I had hoped that when my doll arrived I would perceive more than a pretty piece of plastic -- that I would sense some spark of personality. I was utterly unprepared for, and even a little bit frightened by, how instantly and intensely my Christen seemed to come to life. I questioned my stability, my sanity, and, as time wore on, everything I've ever believed about love. Every wildly sentimental thought, every tiny gesture of intimacy, every deep philosophical musing that I thought must be unique to me (who else could possibly swallow this kind of fantasy whole?) -- every bit of it was experienced by, and posted about, by others, the overwhelming majority of whom were men. ”

THIS is what dolls are about!
That magical, unexpected and completely unexplainable relationship.
White Rose gets it. We all do.

But we don’t ‘get it’ by reading an article or a study or asking someone their thoughts and opinions about who does what and how they do it. It is only by embracing the experience that we can see the value and benefits.

Just as members who do not own a doll shouldn’t make generalized comments about owning a doll, perhaps it would be helpful to your article to have a doll. Find out first hand what an amazing experience dolls can be. I am certain it would be an eye opener.

One more quote…

“For those who understand, No explanation is needed.
For those who do not understand, No explanation is possible” – Ziad K. Abdrlnour
I wholeheartedly agree..... :thumbs_up:

true_blue22
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by true_blue22 »

Rucko wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:58 am Well I dont have a doll yet, but I want to leave a comment on that anyway. Im male.
Im researching this subject for a long time, and for me, sure there is a huge difference.

First of all this market is male dominant, the majority of customers are men.
If there was no difference, sure it will be 50%-50% men and women, but its not.

Why? First thing the use of the doll for sex is not the same.
The majority of men just needs a woman's body to be there when we perform our task of copulation and reach the goal of the orgasm.
Thats when the female doll's body fits for this task so well, its just there for us to enjoy, face against the sheets and no headache!
Let us use and abuse their body in any way we want with all the freedom thinking only about our own satisfaction.

On the other side...
The majority of women needs a man to be into their game! Its totaly different. They need the men to play it, so they can reach the orgasm.
Thats when the male doll dont perform this task well, because he is just there, staring at the wall, he is not "into" her game!
Women needs to be touched
, grab and pull her hair, be held tight, etc, the man must be concerned about her satisfaction.

Male's mind thinks straight like an arrow.
Female's mind thinks round like a circle.

That is my point of view for the use of dolls for sex.
For just companionship, I think it all depends the imagination of each person!
There are some errors in your statements, Rucko. You state that the use of the doll for sex isn't the same. Yes, it IS. I'm a woman who bought her first male doll last year mainly for the purpose of sex. I know, what a shock, right? Women want - and need - sex, too! :roll: Next you state that a male doll is not effective at making a woman achieve an orgasm - and that women need to be touched. Let me make something very clear to you: my doll may not be able to move when I have sex with him, but our bodies touch and connect. His sexy body turns me on and he's given me countless, mind-blowing orgasms. So you're dead wrong there. And he doesn't stare at the wall - strangely enough, I can move his head to any angle so he's looking at me while we fuck - and while I blow him. It seems that your mind doesn't think straight like an arrow. :roll:
My one and only Erik Kirk: WM 160cm, TPE, fair skin tone, #78 head.
Weight (including head): 36.8kg/81.1 lbs
500-year-old vampire who finds my blood irresistible.

Tip for newbies: be careful who you take advice from - established members can make hundreds - or thousands - of posts without owning a doll. Which means they have no practical experience in doll care.

Link to Erik's thread: viewtopic.php?t=147308

INFORMATIONS