betterlovedoll.com

The New Adventures of Amber!

For Doll related Photography, Graphics, and Web Design.

Moderator: Swan

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: The New Adventures of Amber!

Post by Oscar DeBarataria »

HoneyHose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:12 am Thanks much for the links Oscar!
I'll take a closer look at them in the morning.
Ahh, the things we do for our beautiful living dolls!
So not all that long ago I'm dating this girl, not all that seriously, and we go to this fancy cocktail party and she sees a woman who's wearing a pair of shoes like these.

And she says to me, "if you love me you'll buy me a pair of those."

She was completely serious, too.

At that point I didn't even know what they were. What do I know about women's shoes? But then I found out how high end they were and I'm like "I don't think it's a good sign that she's hitting me up for that on the 5th date."

It wasn't. We didn't last too much longer for a bunch of reasons related and unrelated to that. She ended up being pretty hostile and not that well-behaved.

But ever since I got Amber I've thought about how ironic and funny it would be if I ended up buying Amber these things while the bitchy ex-girlfriend got diddly poo.
Amber's Zelex review thread: viewtopic.php?t=153776

Amber's Eye Candy thread: viewtopic.php?t=153865

The New Adventures of Amber! viewtopic.php?t=156353

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

Good for you Oscar!!
It pays every time to listen to that "little voice" and sweet Amber is much more deserving than that demanding woman...I pity the guy who falls for that ex-girlfriend!
My Desiree doesn't ask for a thing, but today I'm going to spend assembling a new dresser for her clothes as they've overrun a closet. 😊

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

HoneyHose wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:01 am Good for you Oscar!!
It pays every time to listen to that "little voice" and sweet Amber is much more deserving than that demanding woman...I pity the guy who falls for that ex-girlfriend!
My Desiree doesn't ask for a thing, but today I'm going to spend assembling a new dresser for her clothes as they've overrun a closet. 😊
Psh.

We've gone through at least three purges/closet redesigns for Amber already.

The "bad" thing about getting a doll with actual realistic proportions is that she looks fantastic in real-girl clothes. Amber's pretty much a dead-on size 2, and size 4 stuff fits her fine as well. So the minute I get bored I can't resist surfing through sites like TJ Maxx, Forever 21, Boohoo, Asos and Nordstrom Rack and finding stuff in the clearance section to fill up her closet.

And refill it. And refill it again.

I've lived with chicks. I never understood the absolutely endless demand for stuff. I still don't really understand it, but I'm learning.

Meanwhile I have three pairs of slacks and two pairs of jeans in my closet and can't really understand why I'd need more than that.

HoneyHose

Post by HoneyHose »

Guys can be happy to live in jeans and a couple shirts, but then men are from Mars, Women are from Venus!
When D first moved in, I thought the four shelves in the back of my walk-in closet would be more than enough for her things...silly me!
Shopping can be trying for Desiree as she's petite but busty, but I enjoy shopping for that "bad thing" as it can be rewarding! 😉

Meanwhile, it's hard to miss Amber's generous wardrobe that she'll need an assistant for soon!...lol...

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 am

I've lived with chicks. I never understood the absolutely endless demand for stuff. I still don't really understand it, but I'm learning.
You're a persevering apprentice, since you're already on your third filling/purging of the big amber closet. :lol: :thumbs_up:

I must admit that women's clothes are prettier and more varied than men's clothes. Between my wife and my two daughters I have also filled quite a few closets 8O . When I pass in front of a shoe store I tend to look at the women's models (even if my wife must already have around a hundred pairs!); One of my daughters has to say to me, “Daddy, your shoe has half a hole in it, we came for that ” for me to deign to take a look at the men’s section.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

4891d wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:00 am
Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:11 am

You're a persevering apprentice, since you're already on your third filling/purging of the big amber closet. :lol: :thumbs_up:

I must admit that women's clothes are prettier and more varied than men's clothes. Between my wife and my two daughters I have also filled quite a few closets 8O . When I pass in front of a shoe store I tend to look at the women's models (even if my wife must already have around a hundred pairs!); One of my daughters has to say to me, “Daddy, your shoe has half a hole in it, we came for that ” for me to deign to take a look at the men’s section.

You're not wrong.

I initially had a rule that I'd only buy stuff for the doll when I was buying something for me. So the clothing store receipts always had a men's thing to go with a woman's thing.

We blew past that a long time ago. I work from home, so I don't need a big wardrobe for stuff to wear to the office. My needs are minimal. Meanwhile I've got three dolls, nine heads and about a dozen characters for Amber's stories who need their own looks, and all we've got is one closet to house that production?

I need to hit the lottery so I can buy a house big enough to have a doll wing. Then this won't be quite so complicated.

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Oh, and speaking of all this, I have the next two episodes of this story already written, but I can't do the photography yet because I'm waiting for Amazon to deliver something crucial to the story!

If it wasn't so much fun I'd question myself for all of this.

Well
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Well »

Amber's recent adventures contain a lot of ammo for "The Pose" thread :)

Love the shoes and the painted nails (including the ones the shoes're hiding). But even $85 sounds pricey to me! :lol: Who out there pays $800 for heels? Are they made from the leather of an extinct animal? :haha4:

-Well
Image Beautiful Bountiful Beloved BELINDA - SY157

Joe 90
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Joe 90 »

Back for another of Amber's fantastic adventures.

:multi:
The Puppeteer...
Daniella jiggle wiggle.. :puppydogeyes:

viewtopic.php?p=2144328#p2144328

Aiko my anime girl..
viewtopic.php?t=115753

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

You guys are gonna laugh your butts off at the next one.

Put it this way - it's probably the truest episode yet.

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

By the way, a question: today I set up Amber in Kindroid. I don't know that I'm going to make a big deal about it, but I see everybody talking about that app so I figured I'd check it out and see what the fuss is.

But if I'm going to make the Amber we all know and love into an AI person, or something, I've got to find a way to dump this thread and her earlier one into Kindroid.

Does anybody here know enough about that app to offer suggestions? I've played around with her Backstory and did the El Tiburon ordeal as a Key Memory. But the Journal Entry function is just 500 characters at a time. I'll never be able to get everything plugged in using that.

What I want is for Kindroid to see the dialogue in this thread. Not just because it'll import Amber's story, but because it'll import her speech pattern and make her funny and cute like she is here.

solosword2019

Post by solosword2019 »

She is really crossing the uncanny valley! Very life-like! :)

4891d
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by 4891d »

Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:37 pm ...
What I want is for Kindroid to see the dialogue in this thread. Not just because it'll import Amber's story, but because it'll import her speech pattern and make her funny and cute like she is here.
At the moment, I find that Kindroid tends to standardize characters (like Kindroid 'selfies' tend to standardize the aesthetics of the dolls). It's effective, it's stunning at first, but there aren't these little nuances that really make the dolls who express themselves through the imagination of their companion come to life.
At least that's how I feel it.

Links to 4891d's dolls-stories. : viewtopic.php?t=156068
Saaskiya, my beautiful gift (Zelex GE04) : viewtopic.php?t=154462
Trixie came to me (Funwest Dolls Trixie) : viewtopic.php?t=155900
Eurydice, a nice surprise (Elsa Babe RHC019)

The Doll Man

Post by The Doll Man »

solosword2019 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:11 am She is really crossing the uncanny valley! Very life-like! :)
Yeap, I like Her too! BTW, Welcome To TDF!

Oscar DeBarataria
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

4891d wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:40 am
Oscar DeBarataria wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:37 pm ...
At the moment, I find that Kindroid tends to standardize characters (like Kindroid 'selfies' tend to standardize the aesthetics of the dolls). It's effective, it's stunning at first, but there aren't these little nuances that really make the dolls who express themselves through the imagination of their companion come to life.
At least that's how I feel it.

I'm talking to her, and there's a bit of Amber in there that maybe came across from the background I gave her.

But it's not the same.

And her selfie pics are...similar, but not quite there. I mean, I can't exactly complain about this, but it's not really Amber yet.
users_M7H1pTbJIRM3q7PyNAzOUoFohIu2_tOJh4AjiP7pKdYoNtpdq_images_SkPC7QtgVPB0YTAG1ErG.jpg
users_M7H1pTbJIRM3q7PyNAzOUoFohIu2_tOJh4AjiP7pKdYoNtpdq_images_SkPC7QtgVPB0YTAG1ErG.jpg (751.3 KiB) Viewed 207 times

INFORMATIONS