www.wmdolls.com

Dollman has done it again!

Devoted to owners and enthusiasts of Male dolls.
Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: In a dollman-sion. Housed with dolls. With ash remains of two dearly departed and a live parrot.

Re: Dollman has done it again!

Post by Z-Dollman »

Hey all!

Long time no dollman! Well, with Halloween around the corner I couldn't resist a little jump scare here. haha.

Actually, I have several major updates to inform you of. I first want to apologize for my repeated delays in video updates. It's now been just over a year since my last video on the channel. In my own defense, between physical and mental health issues as well as personal and RL matters, things just became too hectic to even have the time to enjoy any projects (including non-doll). So, my apologies, but I'm sure you all can understand that RL comes first and I have no control over situations that arise (only how I deal with them).

So, for the major updates. I was recently gifted a 4k webcam (that I'm still trying to figure out). My best friend joined Amazon Vine and was going to use it for an online job, but its too complicated for her. I'm just working now on finding free and functional recording software. This development will mark a MAJOR change in my video uploads. Being able to record and edit directly from my PC is going to make a huge impact on the time it takes (which is the biggest reason I don't create more videos). Of course I still have to figure out the recording software issue, but once thats done, I'll be on track.

I'm almost finished my redecorating of my apartment. I had to hit the 'reset' button several times to get it to where its at now. I've also been experimenting with different tools and methods for modifying TPE dolls. I've also been working on transplants, grafts and coloring. These have all had mixed results. Some were successful, some were failures. Some were somewhere in between. I cannot in good conscience recommend or tutor on methods or experiments that I cannot say for sure will work if done correctly.
I may give a heads up on what I'm doing in case others want to try it themselves, but I'll have to include a disclaimer.

I hope to become more active again on TDF, especially with winter and the holidays coming.

Hope you are all well.
"The TPE DOLL EMPORIUM": (Featuring: Z-Dollman & Morghana the Doll Witch)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybCey ... AgqYdgmSXg

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Can you just tell us your techniques without the whole video thing? I am really wondering how you colored your dolls, can't you just tell us?
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Z, it’s great to see you here again! I am looking forward to your new videos!
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: In a dollman-sion. Housed with dolls. With ash remains of two dearly departed and a live parrot.

Post by Z-Dollman »

RevJack wrote: Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:50 pm Can you just tell us your techniques without the whole video thing? I am really wondering how you colored your dolls, can't you just tell us?
Well, first let me say its still in its experimental phase. Which is why I wanted to master it first. But since you asked, I'll tell you what I used - but whatever happens or doesn't happen is up to you or whoever else decides to take it on.

For one, I cleaned the doll first (obviously). Then I experimented with different forms of resin dye, resin pigment and mica powder. I mixed the colors together to get the desired color. Then I used mineral oil to weaken the strength (if you pour the dye/pigment right onto the doll, its too difficult (and in some cases impossible) to get off if you make a mistake. The amount of oil I use is based on the shade and depth of coloring I want. It also provides for a better chance of an even dye result across the doll but also lengthens the time and amount of coats to get the desired result. I'm working on addressing a number of these, hence why I've not made a video yet.

In some cases, the dye remains and in fact goes DEEP below into the TPE (for example, I had made mistakes with lips and the dye went all the way to the skull) Whereas other color shades, or dye/pigment/mica combos simply don't work, don't work as well or work too well. So, have at it if you wish to experiment yourself, just bear in mind I'm not taking any responsibility for any mistakes or damage you may or may not do. Good luck!

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Dollman,
EXCELLENT! THANK YOU!
I have been applying mica powders directly by brush and then setting them with an oil mist. Mainly face makeup. But the mica powders and oil are not permanent. I set my elfs blue nipples with drops of oil over the powder, let it soak in and repeat. So far the nipples dont bleed blue onto clothing.
The liquid resin dyes are very consentrated, my next experiment is with dyes designed for silicone which are super concentrated as well. Do you get any dye-transfer back out of the doll? Any staining of sheets, clothes, walls? That is my main concern with large color changes.
Have you had any issues with dye leaking back out onto clothes or objects?

Reverend Jack
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

I've had the same issue with using just the mica powder. It seems its the resin pigment or resin dye (two separate things) are whats permanent. Problem with that is there are certain colors that just don't absorb (kind of like putting water on oil or vice versa). As you mentioned, the resins are concentrated so you don't want to use them 'as is'.

What I've done for the doll shown on here is I created a mineral oil solution to use for coating after each clean. But I'm trying to find a way to make it more permanent. Certain reds are pretty permanent or at the very least VERY VERY hard to remove. I'm thinking of experimenting with vaseline instead of mineral oil for the powder & resin. I've also considered using 3M Primer. But I'm not considering that at that moment. The cost of the primer has nearly tripled in price since I last bought it - so its not worth using it for experiments when I need it for repairs.

As for your question, yes I have run into issues with stains on clothes etc. Mainly nipples. I usually just make them as dark as possible and then use benzoyl peroxide cream for a few hours or overnight to prevent that. The reason I make them darker is cause the peroxide will remove stains. So how much and how long depends on the color and location on the doll. I also put a small makeup wipe (I think they are cotton) on the area and leave it on for a few days until the dye/pigment has fully dried.

The thing with all this, as I'm sure you've discovered as well, is that its hit and miss with the whole process. Its why I'm still experimenting.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

3M has skyrocketed indeed. So here is my foil for that, Xylene paste. Xylene is hyper aggressive, cutting through tpe like butter, but found that a paste made from Xylene is inexpensive and manageable. I'm trying to find a "paint able" viscosity of Xylene/tpe paste that I can color correctly that I can paint on as a permanent color change. My ultimate goal is to color match a blue head so I can color a body to match. Certainly not an easy task, but a goal nonetheless. When I seriously experiment with my colored Xylene /tpe paste I'll let everyone know if it was boon or disaster.
Reverend Jack

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

I've heard of xylene, in fact I think Muesky had gotten some of that. Problem is, I can't find xylene anywhere locally. I've found it online, but its super expensive.

I have experimented with various ways to apply makeup similar to what you are doing. I'd like to be able to make permanent makeup (ESPECIALLY lipstick and nipple makeup) by using powder makeup and either 3M or xylene. Something that causes the TPE to absorb it like melting in without causing any sort of deforming of TPE mold.

Have you done any grafts on heads? Particularly areas that are difficult to work on due to their location and/or shape?

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Xylene is in home depot, Lowes, true value, anywhere that sells paint.
The only grafts I have done to heads (so far) are elf ears.

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

Ah, I'm gonna have to look into that.

I did do a penis graft (actually a full transplant) on one of my Qita dolls. But its a LOT easier to sculpt a penis than it is a set of lips.

I'm still working on perfecting the rebuilding of entry holes. I've had mixed results with that. Some dolls it works and others it doesn't.

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

I went to Lowe's this morning. Now I can get high, haha.

I found Xylene there. One gallon for $25. I had been looking online at Amazon and Walmart and couldn't find a decent price. Lowest I could find at Walmart was $75, lowest on Amazon was $55. This was a much better deal.

DG
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by DG »

Afroman's "Because I got high" plays in the background....
I love and have loved many dolls.
Former Dolls:
Samantha - SY 165cm Elf
Charles - IronTech male
Clint - IronTech male
Marcellus - Male Real Doll - Body A
Orion - Male Real Doll - Body A
Lance - WM Male #207 head
Larry - WM Male #207 head
Colt - Gabriel M1 Sinthetics Male
Dolls in Storage:
Laurence (aka Doc, Dorian, Beau) - Homemade fabric male doll
Trevor - Homemade Fabric male doll
Tristan - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll
Landon - WM Male #207 Head

Current Dolls
Lawrence - Homemade Fabric/Silicone hybrid male doll

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dang DG, that was a good response :haha4:

Z-Dollman
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Z-Dollman »

I should have gone with Xylene from the get-go. The results are amazing and there really is no comparison.

Especially with the texture and compound, it doesn't change like it does with the 3M Primer 94. The Xylene is just so much better at yielding results that you want. With 3M, you can't heat the paste or it will bubble. With the Xylene, it just melds into the TPE. Incredible!

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

I am so glad I could be of service! I use Xylene for my thick pastes because it keeps more "bite" than 3M. It demands respect, and will bore holes if left undeluted enough (or if you don't mix the paste thoroughly, warning given.)

Reverend Jack

INFORMATIONS