Coverdoll
www.realdoll.com
Coverdoll

Pickup from factory option?

Realistic silicone love dolls by Matt McMullen. RealDoll is the oldest and most well known love doll to which all others compare. Includes Boytoys.

Moderator: TJ_Foxx

taylormayd

Pickup from factory option?

Post by taylormayd »

I'm just curious if this is possible with new Realdoll orders. I know they're located in Las Vegas now. What if I were to place an order for a new Realdoll right now, and select some kind of "pickup" option and then schedule a road trip out to Vegas around the time she's ready (with a station wagon or SUV obviously)? Is this possible? Would that allow me to waive the delivery fee too? I know people who live in California like Brick and VSP picked up their dolls directly from Abyss; do they still allow that and does that eliminate the delivery cost?

Brick

Re: Pickup from factory option?

Post by Brick »

Yes, you should be able to P/U. And yes if you dont take the crate, its a substancial savings.
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

taylormayd

Post by taylormayd »

Is there any way I could *plan* to pick up, and then, say, later on in the 10+ month wait time, opt for delivery if my travel plans fall through? Obviously, paying for delivery at that point.

And if I place an order online right now, how do I specify the pickup option? On the order form it automatically wants your shipping address to calculate shipping fees.

Additionally, if I go the "pickup" route, I might still want the crate (or something similar) for transportation and storage purposes. Is it possible to do pickup and still get the crate, or some suitably large container? If so, what can I get at Abyss for storage and transportation? Or would it be best for me to buy something ahead of time (like a big case) and bring it with me? I live on the East Coast, so I don't really want to do a cross-country trip with the doll, uncovered, in my car, especially since I would probably be doing sight-seeing and visiting relatives and friends along the way.

And, I've never been to Abyss headquarters. Let's say I plunk down 6k+ right now for the doll I want, but then when I get to Abyss later on down the line, I want to actually splurge and get, say, another head, or even another doll or doll body while I'm there. Do they entertain on-site "impulse buys" or is it *strictly* stuff you placed an order for ahead of time? Like, do they keep any inventory on hand that you could buy while there?

Thanks, Brick!

Brick

Post by Brick »

taylormayd wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:55 pm Is there any way I could *plan* to pick up, and then, say, later on in the 10+ month wait time, opt for delivery if my travel plans fall through? Obviously, paying for delivery at that point.

And if I place an order online right now, how do I specify the pickup option? On the order form it automatically wants your shipping address to calculate shipping fees.

Additionally, if I go the "pickup" route, I might still want the crate (or something similar) for transportation and storage purposes. Is it possible to do pickup and still get the crate, or some suitably large container? If so, what can I get at Abyss for storage and transportation? Or would it be best for me to buy something ahead of time (like a big case) and bring it with me? I live on the East Coast, so I don't really want to do a cross-country trip with the doll, uncovered, in my car, especially since I would probably be doing sight-seeing and visiting relatives and friends along the way.

And, I've never been to Abyss headquarters. Let's say I plunk down 6k+ right now for the doll I want, but then when I get to Abyss later on down the line, I want to actually splurge and get, say, another head, or even another doll or doll body while I'm there. Do they entertain on-site "impulse buys" or is it *strictly* stuff you placed an order for ahead of time? Like, do they keep any inventory on hand that you could buy while there?

Thanks, Brick!
The crate is gonna cost probably $450, maybe more.
If you want to P/U, specify it in the notes. Its been so long since I got a crate, I am sure this is not %100 accurate. It would be better if you called Sam and discussed the option with him. I know for sure you can P/u at the facility. Also, they have nothing just sitting around for sale. Its all build to ship and comes with a wait time. Oh and the crate weighs #125 and can withstand a direct Nuclear hit. Really! Your best bet is have it delivered. The crate is great for storage or if you resell the doll. Believe me, the cost is nothing compared to the hassle of dragging the doll around the states with the crate..
A never ending parade of beautiful Realdolls and of course, HARMONY!!

taylormayd

Post by taylormayd »

Brick wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 5:14 pm
taylormayd wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:55 pm Is there any way I could *plan* to pick up, and then, say, later on in the 10+ month wait time, opt for delivery if my travel plans fall through? Obviously, paying for delivery at that point.

Thanks, Brick!
The crate is gonna cost probably $450, maybe more.
If you want to P/U, specify it in the notes. Its been so long since I got a crate, I am sure this is not %100 accurate. It would be better if you called Sam and discussed the option with him. I know for sure you can P/u at the facility. Also, they have nothing just sitting around for sale. Its all build to ship and comes with a wait time. Oh and the crate weighs #125 and can withstand a direct Nuclear hit. Really! Your best bet is have it delivered. The crate is great for storage or if you resell the doll. Believe me, the cost is nothing compared to the hassle of dragging the doll around the states with the crate..
Well, I already have a Realdoll, so I know the whole process, and what the crate is like. It's definitely a fine crate, no doubt.

To be honest, I want to make a vacation of going to Las Vegas to sight-see at some point anyway, and visit friends and family and sight-see along the way, in the midwest, rather than just fly out there. So I was thinking, well, I could combine the two - picking up another Realdoll, and taking this road trip out there as well. I have an SUV, so I think it wouldn't be too much of a hassle, especially given that I know exactly what it takes to transport a crate and/or a Realdoll as I already own a Body D and have transported the crate by car before.

And this might sound a little ambitious, but I want to rent a hotel room in Vegas and um, enjoy our first times together overlooking the city in a nice suite.

When you pick up a doll from the factory, Brick, what's it like? Does she just come off the assembly line, and they hand her over to you as-is and then you have to carry her to your car? I think I could find some kind of flight case, or even use my existing RD crate, and then transport her that way.

I definitely want to buy another head (I'm planning to buy a Renee Body C), but it's one of those things - I'd LOVE to see all the heads in person at Abyss and then choose another head right there. If they can't sell it to me on the spot, maybe they could then ship it, but I'd love to just pick one up right there.

bfy5e
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by bfy5e »

I picked up from the factory, they were super nice and the location is private. The crate wouldnt fit so ended up taking her back in the car w/o the crate, worked like a charm! shipping was not an option for me.

INFORMATIONS